Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Season 2 - VCT Winners Special Recognition

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Already built that in (slightly different groupings I believe). 

Working on a system so everyone who participates will have their own VCT handicap! 

One day the goal is to make it so anyone would be able to get their own handicap through the VCT, but that is still a ways off. 

I know this may be a lot of work for admins behind the scenes (yes I’m willing to help if needed) but what about requiring people to post their handicap, with proof of the source they get it from, and then we manage a spreadsheet where all scores are kept and we can use the USGa formula to manage a VCT handicap. My men’s league does something like this. Also, would we be using the VCT handicap or would there be a way to account for a course handicap based on course rating?

Edited by Preeway

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Already built that in (slightly different groupings I believe). 

Working on a system so everyone who participates will have their own VCT handicap! 

One day the goal is to make it so anyone would be able to get their own handicap through the VCT, but that is still a ways off. 

There are many ways to group the flights. I just threw out a suggestion. Many amateur tours I played on kept their own internal handicap for everyone. Usually winning several times would get you a promotion to a lower flight. Additionally, those that were consistently in the bottom of a flight could be moved back. Lots of ways to skin the cat. Also maybe next year drives don’t count. Some people are not able to bomb it, but still play great golf. I don’t know we should be rewarded just because we have length and the conditions for the ball to go far. That category while cool doesn’t matter as much as scores. 

Play like a champion today!

3 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I know this may be a lot of work for admins behind the scenes (yes I’m willing to help if needed) but what about requiring people to post their handicap, with proof of the source they get it from, and then we manage a spreadsheet where all scores are kept and we can use the USGa formula to manage a VCT handicap. My men’s league does something like this. Also, would we be using the VCT handicap or would there be a way to account for a course handicap based on course rating?

@GolfSpy_BEN will have a full breakdown soon!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 minutes ago, Javs said:

There are many ways to group the flights. I just threw out a suggestion. Many amateur tours I played on kept their own internal handicap for everyone. Usually winning several times would get you a promotion to a lower flight. Additionally, those that were consistently in the bottom of a flight could be moved back. Lots of ways to skin the cat. Also maybe next year drives don’t count. Some people are not able to bomb it, but still play great golf. I don’t know we should be rewarded just because we have length and the conditions for the ball to go far. That category while cool doesn’t matter as much as scores. 

I think the majority of weekly points should be based on net score and gross score. Smaller bonus points for long drive and birdies/eagles. Maybe even bonus points for fewest putts? 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

37 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I think the majority of weekly points should be based on net score and gross score. Smaller bonus points for long drive and birdies/eagles. Maybe even bonus points for fewest putts? 

I will leave it up to Ben at this point. I agree the focus should be on score. As someone who is blessed with length off the tee and the right environment to take advantage; I still don’t think it is fair to the entire field. I wouldn’t mind if drives went away. 

The exact details are still being fine tuned, but @GolfSpy_APH has alluded to, we will be moving to a flight system in season 3. Handicaps will be used to determine initial placement in the flights. Bonus points for long drive and net birdies are going away. There will be promotion/relegation within the flights based on performance. The season will run from April through the end of September with the End of Season event taking place in October. There will also be a separate SIM league that will start in November. 

Just a preview for now, full details will be published in the next few weeks.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

The exact details are still being fine tuned, but @GolfSpy_APH has alluded to, we will be moving to a flight system in season 3. Handicaps will be used to determine initial placement in the flights. Bonus points for long drive and net birdies are going away. There will be promotion/relegation within the flights based on performance. The season will run from April through the end of September with the End of Season event taking place in October. There will also be a separate SIM league that will start in November. 

Thank you Ben! As usual you are all over improvement and making sure we have great events and fun!

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Can't wait!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Could one of the flights be for 68 year olds with a broken neck, new (ish) left knee, fused back and can't hit par 4's in two?  If so, I think I can win that one!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

8 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

The new season will start soon.  You will play a round at your course or SIM and then post for the week.  This is my first season playing but it's been a lot of fun. It's been based off handicaps but I believe that will change slightly. 

Nice!!! I have a GC Hawk at my Michigan place and am heading back north in a few days

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:07 AM, Preeway said:

I don’t think it would hurt to require periodic (maybe monthly) of your current GHIN card. IMG_0734.png.6c76cb5a751f6a02806a6a7c4a43f587.png

At least we can see that people are adding in their amazing rounds which should impact their overall handicap. 

100% agree. I need to sign up with GHIN. The app I use to track my rounds seems to have dropped the handicap estimate feature and has not been updated in a while. If anything it was hurting me for a while since I was trying to get my swing back after an injury but recently I've been putting in some decent scores and I'd like to think I can drop my index a bit. 

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

• GolfSpy_BEN unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this again this year. Managed to take a single weekly top spot and can’t wait to see what this year brings. Once the 10+ inches of snow over the next 30 hours melts away that is. 

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 4 to PW KBS Tour regular

:wilson_staff_small:Wilson Staff 50 degree Gap

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 54.12D Sand and all-around the green

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 58.12D lob and sand

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli TourX

This was fun last season.  I never started posting scores until the end of the season.  Next season I'll post from the start. 😀

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter