golf cruises

Posted (edited)

Going on my first cruise this July, hope to play golf in Bermuda. I think I'm going to like it. So, I'm thinking of more cruises and a golf related one. Can anyone make some recommendations? It could be from a golf travel company or just a good itinerary that allows one or two rounds. 

Edited by NC Golfer

I don't know of any specific golf cruises.  The big thing to keep in mind is how much time you have before you have to board the boat.  Most of the time it's 6-8 hours of total time and some are less than that. 

They are a great time though regardless. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Scheduling is key !  Having been on 15+ cruises across 3 different cruise lines, I can only think of 1 or 2 itineraries that would allow a round to be played.  Most of the time it would be an overnight stop where they dock early and leave the next day. If Bermuda is one of those overnight stops,  it's very possible! Rental clubs a must.

Most of the Caribbean stops are only 6-8 hours, and 90% of the courses are 1-2 hours away. Making the ships callback time is tough to predict.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I looked into this on the cruise I went on earlier this month. There was a hiccup on being able to dock In Progreso but had we got to make that stop I had 8 hours to get a round in. The course I was looking to go play was about an hour from the docks and I thought I could’ve made it. 
On top of that I really think some cruise ships should add golf simulators on board. I would have given them a ton of money just to be able to swing a club on my week off.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I think we need to push for a golf cruise period. Let our spouses drink all the mojito’s and we all could hit the courses. It would be awesome…hahaha. In reality, I’ve looked into this myself. @Rob Person makes the best argument here, that it would probably be best to golf if it’s an overnight stay at one of the ports you go too. That would be the best way to do it and not be constrained on time. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Well, I can say that carnival has a difficult putt putt course in extreme windy top deck conditions,  good luck reading those putts! 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.