Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Favorite golf equipment "find" experience

I've been looking for a 7 wood or maybe a hybrid with a larger head akin to a fairway wood for months.  I have a gap between my 5 iron and 5 wood. Duh?!  I walk into PGASuperStore to hit the Titleist's latest offerings in hopes of finding the right shaft combination before continuing my search.  

I go to the clearance golf bag sitting in one of the aisles and what do I find?  A lefty Titleist TSr1 23 degree hybrid with the bigger head Demo club for about $150.  I couldn't believe it. Looks brand new.  I went into the simulator, the wonderful man adjusted the head a few times, and Bam, I was hitting it straight.  Took it on the course yesterday and hit it once a bit thin but still straight.  

I'd like to hear other stories of where you had an amazing golf equipment find!  

Edited by MidwestGolfer74
removed images

Southpaw

Driver:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65 Graphite Stiff

Woods:   :titleist-small: TSi2 Fairway Wood 5W 18°, Fujikura ATMOS 5 Blue Graphite Stiff

:titleist-small: TSr1 Hybrid 23°, Mitsubishi Speedmesh HY 50 Graphite Regular

Irons:     :titleist-small: 718 AP3s, stiff steel shafts, 5-P                                          

Wedges:   :titleist-small: Vokey SM6 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:   :odyssey-small:  White Hot RX #9

Balls:     :vice: Pro Plus 

Such a fun topic! For a long time, I was only playing once a year or so, so I've been playing the same set of clubs for 20 years and was never willing to make the investment for how little I was playing. Still tough to pull the trigger on a wholesale change, so I've been accumulating piece by piece.

I had been doing some research on a new putter and was passing a Dick's Sporting Goods, so I stopped in to get a feel for different shapes. As I was browsing, I noticed the backside of the putting green had some pre-owned. One putter was not like the rest, a L.A.B. Mezz.1. I thought it was the craziest looking thing, but liked the way it felt. I didn't actually know anything about LAB at the time, so I passed. Came home and did a little discovery about what was up with this crazy putter. At the very least, I saw there was a decent resell opportunity on eBay so decided to head back a couple days later doubting it was still going to be there. Sure enough, still there! $210 out the door. Took it out to the practice green and fell in love!