Hello everyone,

I just joined the community and I'm excited to share a bit about myself and, of course, WIYB. I began playing golf in August 2023 while I was in the US for an international program. From the very first beautiful shot, I fell in love with golf. The feeling of the ball’s feedback when I hit it and watching it soar through the air was indescribable. I’m sure many of you have experienced this feeling before.

It all started when I decided to give golf a try and booked an hour with a coach. That first beautiful shot really hooked me. I should mention that my long background in sports definitely helped me get started. After that initial session, on my way back, I stumbled upon someone selling golf equipment from his garage. I asked my Uber driver to make a quick stop, and he agreed. I approached the seller and bought a starter set for $200 USD, which included a driver, a 3-wood, irons from 3-9, and a putter.

When I returned to Mexico, I continued practicing mostly at the driving range, often with a coach. On January 10, 2024, I played my first-ever round on a course. As expected, it was a challenging experience, and I ended up with a score of 112 (+40 over par) on a par 72 course.

I kept working hard at the driving range and returned to the golf course. On July 26, I shot a 46 (+10 over par) for the back nine (holes 10-18). On August 3, I scored a 43 (+7 over par) for the front nine (holes 1-9), and that day I made my first two birdies on par 3s. I went back to play the back nine again on August 10 and scored 45 (+9 over par).

Finally, my most recent round was on a PGA-category course called “Estrella del Mar,” which was quite challenging. That day, I played the best golf of my life. Everything seemed to click, and I ended up with a score of 90! I achieved 6 pars, had 57.1% fairways hit, and 50% greens in regulation. I not only broke 100 but came close to breaking 90 as well!

image.png.ca0a3a6a6a707c1dc9e1a0b32d7810cb.pngimage.png.0a28c7bb459e2ac78631aee11b43f73e.pngimage.png.6671bb6e3ef2c160205ca820888c2af1.pngimage.png.3a00b56998fecfcda058108dfaa53508.pngimage.png.3eac19b114ef69f08d28527a94cac079.png

Okay, I realize I may have gone a bit overboard with my introduction—I ended up covering everything since I started! 😂 I’ll keep this one a bit shorter. As for what’s in my bag, here’s a quick rundown: I sold my old golf clubs for about $150 and bought a set of second-hand ones. The irons are well-fitted, as I had them measured to ensure they perform perfectly.
My strength lies in driving off the tee, but I’m working on improving my approach shots and putting.

Driver: Cobra King F7 Driver 10.5° Fujikura Pro 60 Graphite Stiff
Wood 3: TaylorMade RocketBallz Fairway Wood 3 Wood 3W 15° TM Matrix XCON 5 Graphite Stiff
Irons 5-9 & Pw: King Cobra F9 Speedback KBS Tour 90 Steel Stiff
W-56°: Cobra KING MIM KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Steel Stiff

And my tracked distances at a golf course are:

image.png.8283c71bf3de897cfa884eeaa073fb40.png

I hope everyone enjoyed my introduction. Please feel free to share any tips or recommendations based on your own experience.

d.dagieu