3 Handicaper needs some Help/Advice 🙏

IIppon

Hello Guys ! 

As said I’m a 3 handicap, but I started golf less than 2 years ago so my knowledges are very weak, that why I strongly believe any advice will be a plus for me.

Here’s my issue, my Driver ! TSi2 9 head, swing speed 112-114, good carry will be between 290-305, total always average the 325. But here’s the issue I have very hard time to find a proper shaft…

before going further, I’d like to say that fitting is extremely annoying where I live and not worth it, my only option is looking for used Driver shaft on fb market place or some kind.

for reference, my launch angle is always around 15, and attack angle 4-5. Spin rate I hardly get more the 1900, sometimes go as low as 1700, and in the most on cuts or slice getting not more than 2200.

I’m playing draw and hardly get the ball to fade, on A1 setting on the Titleist sleeve I’d say that 50% of my shots are a more or less pull draw with no spin, so I changed it to B1 but getting more launch angle 15-16 which seems to not be great with that 1900 spin right ? 
And above all of that I can’t feel like I can swing freely my driver, I always have the feel that I need to keep my wrist very strong to not allow any action on them, a bit like what you see on Bryson swing where his arm and wrist look very stiff if you get what I mean, which is not the case with my iron or even my wood.

first shaft was a Fuji 661 VII x stiff, it felt to “soft”, if I was off tempo by a bit I felt like I lost everything. Right now I have a Tour Ad  HD 6X, already feels way better, I don’t have that feeling where the head stays behind when I accelerate, and less of that head turning at impact. 
But still i feel like I need to change something to have better numbers?!

So know as you know it’s thought cause with my lack of knowledge and experience I don’t really know what I like or dislike, is a heavier shaft could help or maybe an even lighter shaft ? Should I go for lighter and stiffer like a 60g TX or more like heavier and less stiff ? Also I don’t know if I dislike the tip to be stiffer or softer, I would say I prefer a stiffer tip section BUT I have a Hardy’s smoke red 6.5 75g on my 7 wood and appart from the fact that the apex is insane I love how I swing it with ease, and especially how I really can’t slice it, at worse it’s a 15yards push ! And I think this shaft has a soft tip section right ?

so I’m really confuse if any advice on some shaft I could try that might sound good to you in my situation AND if you have advice on sleeve setting also ! Might have something to do with that sleeve setting.

thank you for reading and any advice or thoughts/asks will be precious!🙏

It’s very hard to make recommendations when you don’t have the launch monitor information and/or don’t know how you swing the club,  load or release the shaft, etc. So option 1 is go to a good fitter where they can give you recommendations. However as you stated, there is nothing close by, option 2 may involve online fitting where you send them launch monitor data plus video of your swing (front and side).  Again, this may or may not be an option for you and while they may give you good suggestions, you won’t know for sure until you try it.  Option 3, go to a Titleist fitting/demo day. Try the new drivers but also ask them for their advice regarding shaft options, hosel settings etc. Make a list of shafts that you’ve tried and liked for future reference. 

A couple of pieces of information for you 

image.jpeg.9a67d89d3bd69f293ad976b53cc417e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.fa5ae7485a709b165d95034463c1e42f.jpeg
From the sounds of it, you may need a shaft profile that is stiffer in the tip and/or handle, something like a Ventus black but you really won’t know until you try it.  I hope this is somewhat helpful for you.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg