Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

WILSON GOLF - naKed neXus "Custom Bag" Contest

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

naked-nexus.jpg

Wilson Staff is taking social media to the next level with the naKed neXus Custom Bag Contest. Between now and February, users can visit the contest site to manipulate the colors of a blank neXus golf bag. Submitted designs will be reviewed by a Wilson Staff panel of judges and three bags will be selected as finalists based on global marketability, color trends and style.

They will then be released and voted on by the public via various social media platforms.

The winning designer will receive his or her neXus golf bag, and that design will be used to inspire the 2015 in-line neXus golf bag.

“This contest allows us to launch a product that consumers truly want; designed for them, by them,” comments Global Director of Marketing, Doug Thiel. “It also helps us build a stronger bond with our followers on social media. Consider it an innovative way to conduct marketing research!”

The neXus, which released In October, received the "Best Overall" bag recognition inMyGolfSpy's 2014 Carry/Stand Bag Guide. The reviewer calls it "a hype monster, but in the best possible way." Its 360° integrated mechanism, combined with its lightweight feel and modern look, has set a new standard in golf bag development.

To view the rules of the contest, click here.

#TruthDigest

I was really hoping this was an MGS contest :)

Still that's a very cool marketing idea for Wilson, I'm liking the trend of social design contests with this one and the Nike/FJ shoe contests, hopefully it will continue to expand!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My bag won't have a chance of winning but I had to decide either between the patriotic theme or a "tactical" theme if you will. The patriotic theme was your basic red, white, and blue but the tactical theme was mainly tan and olive drab. I think it would be cool if they made this bag in honor of our vets and active duty. I was thinking it could be a special edition bag and some of the proceeds for that specific bag could go to charity. There aren't really any camo bags or much along those lines. The only ones that I can think of are the PING bags that they have right now with ACU camo and the older Cleveland bags with woodland camo.

• 2 months later...

Congrats, we will make sure to vote as much as possible!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Vote early and often!  Nicely done Daniel!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Gotta give this a bump - apparently voting starts today and after looking at the other two finalist, gotta say our own MBP has a winning design!  Checked Wilson's website and the voting rules must have  been written by the legal department:

1. Social Media Voting – During the Voting Period, account holders of the Sites can submit up to one (1) vote per Site, by identifying their favorite design in the following manner:

• ï‚·  On Facebook – comment on the Wilson post announcing the Finalist in the manner set forth in such post;

• ï‚·  On Twitter – tweet to @WilsonGolf in the manner set forth in the Wilson Golf tweet announcing the Finalists;

• ï‚·  On Instagram – comment on the Wilson Staff picture announcing the Finalist in the manner set forth in such picture (or caption thereto); and,

• ï‚·  On Pinterest – comment on the Wilson Staff picture announcing the Finalist in the manner set forth in such picture (or caption thereto). 

If anyone can make heads or tails out of what the hell this means, please advice...

Otherwise, vote for Dan!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived