Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How far would you travel for a fitting

This need not be a tough nut to crack. On the one hand, once I found out the single choice of wedge was prohibitively distant, then perhaps I'd look at getting something else.

On the other hand, if Edel was specifically on my wish list, I don't see why you specifically need to have it fitted at their location. Order a wedge in the loft you want and pretty much any decent club maker can adjust the lie or swap out the shaft to suit your requirements.

It is true that the US is a vast country in terms of area, but statistically you are more likely to find a certified fitter in the US than any other place on earth. So that leaves you with those two options really - until of course they build a drive thru Edel wedge fitting centre in every state (unlikely), then you are left with weighing up the pros and cons of buying a specific small brand in a big country.

A bit like the Bridegstone debate perhaps.

I would just order it but with edel there is a different type of fitting process that is just more length. If it were that simple I would have ordered it already lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Boy do I wish I would have come across this thread sooner.

To answer the initial question, I would drive the 2.5 hours I have multiple times for a fitting. Theoo I've personally been to the Pittsburgh Golf Galaxy and been fit for the Edel Wedges/Putter and am beyond thrilled with what those guys can do. Call and schedule the appointment. Make sure you get someone who was trained on the system (they always have placed me with the Edel certified guys when I went, but doesn't hurt to check). Awesome people.

That being said,

I am completely convinced of what this company offers you. To answer the question of "why Edel?" that people have asked (and rightfully so) it all comes down to the fitting process.

Honestly? No other wedge company offers what these guys do. Fitting you for the clubs in the way that they do is a truly unique experience. Because these clubs are all hand ground and checked through every stage of the process they are truly specific to you. Walking into the store and picking up a mass produced vokey that kinda-sort-of fits your swing doesn't get us anywhere.

When it comes to contact with the ball on chip shots clean contact is everything. If you have a club that is improperly fit for you (i. e. bounce/loft/lie) Those variables are going to be thrown out of what. Because these are our scoring clubs, they are the most important to get right. I don't know about you guys, but I'm using some kind of wedge second to maybe only my Putter/Driver out of anything else in my bag.

Theoo, don't settle for another brand. I clearly can't spend your money for you, but give yourself the opportunity to go through this fitting. It's amazing and really when you find "the grind" for you, it'll blow your mind.

To anyone wondering? Don't write these guys off as being "just another wedge brand" they openly tell you not to order blindly on the website because these are different. Because they process is different. 

Plaidjacket, think about the same level of care and measure that Tom Wishon goes through when he fits people for his clubs. The same variables are taken into account with people when being fit for the Edel wedges/putter through him. I'm sure your experience with your fitter has been very unique and caused you to be very loyal to what he offers you, the Edel fittings for the short game clubs are basically the same thing.

And one other thing, the Golf Galaxy in Pittsburgh is certified for Wedges, Putters AND Irons. Save the credit line for that checkout line! :P

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Seems like a lot of expense for a club (or set of clubs) which wear out quicker and consequently need replacing more often than any other club. Most of the major OTR brands have wedge lofts and grinds duly covered to all but the most anal of wedge aficionados. And there's nothing to say you can't grind your own OTR wedge to your liking either.

Kudos to Edel for offering an in-depth fitting experience though.  And they do travel about a bit too:

http://edelgolf.com/edel-golf-fitter-events

Archived