Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Guitars

Shankster

My current stable of guitars: LP gold top, standard made in the mid aughts, a custom made ax based on a fender Jag, a 1982 American fender television. I also have a Martin acoustic, not sure which one, cedar top, mahogany neck but composite sides and fret board. Sounds great and didn't cost too much.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

• 4 months later...

I live in the "Bluegrass Capital of the World". Host of the worlds oldest and largest Fiddlers Convention ( http://www.oldfiddlersconvention.com/default.htm). You would be amazed at the world renowned musicians that come here every year. It's nothing for me to walk outside my office onto Main Street and see Vince Gill, Marty Stuart, Wayne Henderson (Henderson Guitars), Dori Freeman, The Church Sisters or Zac Brown just hanging out on the corner jamming.

Jimmy Edmunds' shop is about 4 blocks from my office. You can watch some of the videos on his website ( http://www.edmondsguitars.com/ ) to see some of the famous people he makes his $20,000 guitars for.

My daughters guitar teacher for the past two years is a world famous session musician, Chester McMillian. He has played on some of the biggest selling albums of all time. Nashville sends a plane to pick him up quite often. My daughter has played on stage with Rhonda Vincent, The Church Sisters, and a bunch of bluegrass bands i'm sure nobody on here has heard of. Several locals were on Hee Haw (no joke) for years, including Roni Stoneman. her dad was Pop Stoneman who lived here most of his life.

Here is a pic of Zac Brown down the street from my office. Notice, he is playing an Edmunds guitar!

Resurrecting a thread from this summer. My daughter and some other talented kid musicians from this region were invited to open for Shadowgrass and The Virginia Luthiers Friday night. After the concert was over, the group of kids, including my daughter, were asked to play a 45 minute set at Merlefest next summer.

On a side note, not-so-humble dad brag coming. My daughter has played guitar for about 2 years. She started toying around with a mandolin about 6 weeks ago for the first time ever. Two of the five songs the group played this past Friday night featured my daughter playing mandolin. Pretty impressive to play an instrument for 6 weeks and jump up in front of 1,000 people.

I need to get some video of my daughter loaded but here is Shadowgrass playing an Allman Brothers song. These kids range in age from 12 to 17. They have been on Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Tonight Show and Little Big Shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ptxQSrLe0

Always loved the Telecaster. Love the look and the sound on them—very versatile.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I used to play allot when I was youngerbut don't have much time anymore.

I have a couple Les Pauls and just sold my Gibson acoustic because it sat for years with no love and I could'nt stand it anymore lol. I've had vintage, old Charvels and Jacksons which I love, I've had new and when I think of some of the guitars I got rid of over the years I almost get sick, I also love vintage Marshalls, the early Plexi's just give me gas.

I had a Gretsch when I was s teenager. Think I traded it in for a noname electric with a wawa Bar. Boy was I Stupid back then!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My mom was gifted a Martin guitar back in college in the 60's, then got rid of it for like $5 at a garage sale when she and my Dad moved cross country. Uf da.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

For you guitar lovers I saw a contest for a Les Paul guitar on Facebook.  Check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/TheMusicZoo/app/112053162216760?brandloc=DISABLE&app_data=chk-5a05a941343ab

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I like

George Lynch

John Norum

Guthrie Govan

Keith Urban is a great player too, there are so many favorites I can't remember them all lol 

Good list. Some of mine:

Frank Marino

Robin Trower

Tommy Emanuel

Rory Gallagher

Adrian Legg

More to come after I here some you players' favorites.

A few years back I got into playing a little, I pretty much sucked at it, I took a couple lessons, then we moved, and I really haven't played it much, I've got a pretty nice guitar, ESP EC1000 flat black in LH. I wish I could play, but I really just can't get it without taking some good lessons. Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime and give another go.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Jimi Hendrix was on the tonight Show one time in the late '60's. Johnny Carson turned and asked how it felt to be the greatest guitarist ever. Hendrix quickly responded: "I don't know. You'd have to ask Phil Keaggy".

I'll take Hendrix at his word!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T3to3DHLIE

I was going to mention him. A good friend of mine sent me a video of Phil once, he's incredible.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Jimi Hendrix was on the tonight Show one time in the late '60's.  Johnny Carson turned and asked how it felt to be the greatest guitarist ever.  Hendrix quickly responded: "I don't know. You'd have to ask Phil Keaggy".

I'll take Hendrix at his word!

That quote gets thrown around a lot. Usually it's "I don't know. You'd have to ask Rory Gallagher". But............ there is no denying that Keaggy is one of the best out there.

Every so often, someone will bootleg an audio clip of the 13 minute piece from the Tonight Show and put it on Youtube.  Which almost immediately gets removed for copyright infringement.  It's still a fun story though.  I've heard bits and pieces of it but never the whole thing.  

I'll play, in no particular order

Duane Allman

Johnny Winter

Rory Gallagher

Uli Jon Roth

Robbo Robinson (Thin Lizzy)

Dickie Betts

Roy Buchanan

Keith Richards

Pat Travers

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'll play, in no particular order

Duane Allman

Johnny Winter

Rory Gallagher

Uli Jon Roth

Robbo Robinson (Thin Lizzy)

Dickie Betts

Roy Buchanan

Keith Richards

Pat Travers

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Oh man some good ones there, I forgot about Uli and especially Travers.

Does anyone know of Danny Gatton?  Labelled the greatest unknown guitar player at one time.  Mentor to a young Joe Bonamasa.  "The Humbler",  the "Telemaster".  He killed himself a few years ago, but you can still find videos on YouTube.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Does anyone know of Danny Gatton?  Labelled the greatest unknown guitar player at one time.  Mentor to a young Joe Bonamasa.  "The Humbler",  the "Telemaster".  He killed himself a few years ago, but you can still find videos on YouTube.

Yeah man, he was fantastic. I had one of his tele's many years ago and til this day I've been trying to track it back down, it was a mid eighties pink paisley Japanese tele and man it sounded and played better than anu other I've had.