Sign in to follow this  
jduff

Best Fitting Locations (CT/NY)

I'm a college player in the southern part of Connecticut. When I'm in school in the midwest, we work with Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor, MI to get fittings. I want to find a place where I can hit several driver shafts without having to pay $125 for a fitting. (College-Friendly fitting places) Any suggestions on locations? (Willing to drive into NYC / Hartford Areas)

• Like 1

If you are close to I-84, go see Ken Racca in Fishkill. He does all my instruction and club repair. He has helped me cut about 12 strokes off my game after starting lessons with him last year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No shot anywhere in the NYC-area with quality aftermarket shop options will let you hit without first paying a hitting fee.  Especially in Manhattan, you're looking at True Spec Golf (at Golf & Body), NY Golf Center (Cool Clubs partner) or The Club Fix.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RoyBoy44

• By CouveGolfer
      The old NV was such a performer for me.  I saw the press release but haven't seen any for sale locally or noticed any online reviews .  Wondering if anyone on here has hit the new NV and if so can you share feedback?  Specifically how it compares to the older model and what your ball flight was with it?  Thanks!
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Announced!
      Odyssey claims its new Stroke Lab shaft will improve your putting stroke. Who will be putting that claim to the test?
      @MaxEntropy @Berg Ryman @Apolloshowl @juspoole Join me in congratulating our reviewers!

TESTERS WANTED (4)
      So you think the importance of shaft design is only important to drivers.   Well the engineers at Odyssey Golf among some of the best and brightest minds in the business want to show you otherwise.   For years counterbalancing has been a big buzz word in the world of putter shafts.   Well the new Stroke Lab putters by Odyssey Golf aren't just counterbalanced, they take weight shifting to a whole new level or should I say end.
      As in redistributing 40 percent of the weight from the middle of the shaft into the butt and head end of the shaft.  The results show that you will make a much more consistent stroke with Stroke Lab than with the standard putter shaft.
      Don't believe it?  We're going to give you...well four of you a chance to prove it to yourself and the rest of the forum.

How to Apply
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - State
      - Your current model of putter
      - Is putting a strength or weakness of your game

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US or Canada.  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

Please do not 'quote' this post when applying...
    • By Mr. Shank Dawg
      Great forum, great community, and I am sure one of the knowledgeable members has come across this question before (or, can point me in the right direction).  I have used the search bar some to pin point this topic to some effect, but haven't come across the answer that satisfies my curiosity.  I already know and understand a dynamic fitting and static fitting work best for shaft fitting and it's hard to beat a good (and patient) fitter.  
      My question pertains to online iron shaft fitting/recommendations from most of the shaft manufacturers and/or online fitting services: How relevant is a question regarding iron distance (say, 6i carry) when your current 6i loft and the set you are interested in purchasing is different?  I could ,theoretically, hit my 6i 170 yards using a 26* loft but only hit my buddies 6i 155 yards using 29*...these are just relative numbers to express a questionable point... with all other variables being the same (relatively speaking) but loft.
      My interpretation of the line of questions for iron shaft recommendation is that it is generating results based on flight and dispersion preferences along with swing speed/power/carry distance.  However, if my current 6i is 26* and is allowing me to move the ball 170yds down the fairway, how good is the online fitting tool going to be if the new set I am interested in has a more traditional loft to it?  Am I totally off base in this line of thinking?  Are the manufacturers shaft recommendations useless? 
      Again, I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseam.  Happy golfing!
    • By cksurfdude
      Matt Saternus (used to be with MGS) of PluggedInGolf.com posted an interesting article...
      "Do wedge shafts matter?"
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
      He tested in a similar style to MGS using a variety of recreational players and identical wedge heads with different shafts, then swapping them among the players and having them hit different short game shots. Results are measured by Trackman at a Club Champion.
      The questions he was looking to "Confirm" or "Bust" include...
      Myth #1 – A wedge shaft can create more spin
      Myth #2 – A wedge shaft can change launch angle
      Myth #3 – A wedge shaft can improve accuracy
      Myth #4 – A wedge shaft can improve consistency
      Myth #5 – The same shaft will fit all your wedges
      Interesting and informative article .. worth a look!
      https://pluggedingolf.com/do-wedge-shafts-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/
    • By milesoller
      Like new Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei Orange CK 50 driver shaft stiff flex. Hit maybe 30-40 times. Pulled from a Mizuno GT180. Still has mizuno quick switch adapter and mizuno grip. $125 plus shipping. Sorry if you saw this post earlier with no content, there was a glitch in the app. 

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!