GolfSpy STUDque

[Solved] Is this bad? Can it be fixed?

IMG_5016.JPG

I'm not sure what that black part is called but, as you can see, there's separation between that and the head on a few of my clubs. I can't push it down. Do you guys know how to fix it?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

It's a ferrel and yes it can be heated up and slipped back down for a nice snug fit

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

It's a ferrel and yes it can be heated up and slipped back down for a nice snug fit

Common hair dryer sufficient?

Common hair dryer sufficient?

yes, should be.  Just don't melt the ferrule.  If you happen to warp the ferrule any just put some acetone on a cloth and spin the ferrule in cloth.

attachicon.gifIMG_5016.JPG

I'm not sure what that black part is called but, as you can see, there's separation between that and the head on a few of my clubs. I can't push it down. Do you guys know how to fix it?

Ok.. Its a EASY FIXS..

1st) take a piece of tape (masking is best) wrap just above the ferrule (black thingy ).

2nd) get a small wrench that will go around the shaft but will set on ferrule. (the one in pic is a 10mm)

3rd ) put a dab, a drop or two of super glue between the ferrule & the hossel of club.

4th) tap down into place.

2017-09-07+19.28.03.jpg

Guess there is a 5th. Wipe any excess glue off with alcohol, lighter fluid, grip solvent.. etc.

Oh you could wrap a piece of tape around the hossel.. Makes clean up easier. Pull tape off as soon as done .

• Like 6

attachicon.gifIMG_5016.JPG

Oh tap lightly, if it doesn't want to move, apply light heat.

Mine look like that on several clubs. Doesn't rattle, so I am a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't break it.

• Like 2

IMG_5020.JPG

Tada!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip bulldog. I'm glad I asked.

• Like 6

Ok.. Its a EASY FIXS..

1st) take a piece of tape (masking is best) wrap just above the ferrule (black thingy ).

2nd) get a small wrench that will go around the shaft but will set on ferrule. (the one in pic is a 10mm)

3rd ) put a dab, a drop or two of super glue between the ferrule & the hossel of club.

4th) tap down into place.

attachicon.gif2017-09-07 19.28.03.jpg

Guess there is a 5th. Wipe any excess glue off with alcohol, lighter fluid, grip solvent.. etc.

Oh you could wrap a piece of tape around the hossel.. Makes clean up easier. Pull tape off as soon as done .

Never thought of using a wrench, great idea!!

• Like 3

Never thought of using a wrench, great idea!!

The first tap did it too. I tapped it from other angles for good measure but it really went down easy.

Also, in stunning fashion, the first wrench I grabbed out of my cluttered toolbox was the right size.

• Like 5

Just a reminder. Use a touch of super glue, gorilla glue, shaft epoxy. This helps keep it from creeping back up.

• Like 2

Just a reminder. Use a touch of super glue, gorilla glue, shaft epoxy. This helps keep it from creeping back up.

I used some gel super glue. Maybe a little bit too liberal but the masking tape on the head helped with cleanup.

Also, for those curious, the #10 wrench was the perfect size for me.

• Like 1

Just to get the matter straight........the loosened ferrule has no effect on the club's performance.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Just to get the matter straight........the loosened ferrule has no effect on the club's performance.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just there to make it look pretty.

• Like 1

Just there to make it look pretty.

And when it's loosened, it looks pretty... ugly.

• Like 4