Ditch the golf uniform

mruuska

There is an interview with John Ashworth (founder of Linksoul & former founder of Ashworth) in this month's GOLF Magazine. His mission is to design clothing that looks good in the office or out on the course. He tries to stay away from "plastic bag" shirts and the breathable stuff, as well as bright colors. I actually really like his idea. Personally, I wear sweaters often, and I try to stick with mostly neutral colors. I don't want to "ditch the golf uniform," but John's mission seems like a great idea.

I love Linksoul's aesthetic and ethic; I hate their pricing. With the sale they're running right now, they're just about at my upper level for pricing.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

...Nice golf slacks and shorts from Alan Flusser I bought at the discount store Steinmart again around $20...

SteinMart is definitely your friend. Same with Marshall's and TJMaxx. Or the holy trinity, as my wife calls them.

If you live in or near an upscale area, don't be afraid to check out the local Goodwill. My 17 year old daughter has found a ton of really good golf clothing there for herself. I'll even find a good shirt there every once in a while. I'm lucky that her fashion sense is "thrift store chic" and that it's cool for her peer group to go thrifting.

• Like 3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I love Linksoul's aesthetic and ethic; I hate their pricing. With the sale they're running right now, they're just about at my upper level for pricing.

Yep, I can't afford Linksoul — in fact, I don't own anything Linksoul. Love the idea, but way overpriced. I own a couple of Ashworth sweaters, but those probably aren't up to par with Linksoul.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Callaway Steelhead Plus 4 wood

Hybrid: 18* 2 & 22* 4 Sub 70 949

Irons:  Sub 70 

639 CB 5 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Handicap index:  +2.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

SteinMart is definitely your friend. Same with Marshall's and TJMaxx. Or the holy trinity, as my wife calls them.

If you live in or near an upscale area, don't be afraid to check out the local Goodwill. My 17 year old daughter has found a ton of really good golf clothing there for herself. I'll even find a good shirt there every once in a while. I'm lucky that her fashion sense is "thrift store chic" and that it's cool for her peer group to go thrifting.

Your right, Goodwill is a gold mine for SWMBO! She's come home with golf clothes for me some with tags still on them for $4.00.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Interesting you mention them. Our new HP thst is coming on board is coming from Carlsbad and ran a private club out there that has John Ashworth as a member. He said the first thing he would do is being linkssoul in our Pro Shop. I about laughed out loud I'm the interview when he said that. Our GM hasnt heard of them.

Afterward. He asked me about LS. I just said. If you are giving me a hard time on stocking PUMA this year. I want to see your face when you see their product line and prices.

Keep in mind we are a muni thst is less than 5 miles from the docks of Baltimore. Our customer base is retired blue collar workers, contractors that come to play in jeans and work boots at 3pm when they are done. And a younger crowd that has probably never had an occasion to wear a tie anywhere.

Now I think Puma would do OK as they have bright a lot of Solid and subtle colors into its line and any of our players in my age range have commented on how they like my shirts.

And the new sport shoes are priced right in our wheel house.

Stay tuned to this situation!!

Oh boy This could be funny[emoji16]

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 1 month later...

I have found jackets, vests, sweatshirts and sweaters, T-shirts, skirts, shorts and trousers. Golf caps or special socks and belts. can be dress from head to toe. To hot weather, fresh autumn or winters. In men's, women's and children's from the best brands such as Calvin Klein, A4, Nike, Adidas, Holloway, Anvil, August Sportswear and more on Calibre-Apparel