perseveringgolfer

Sergio Garcia DQ'd for Serious Misconduct at Saudi International

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This occurred  on the front 9 before cameras were following the groups and there really weren’t a lot of spectators at the event cell comeras werent around capturing it.  You do know the photos from cpg are sarcasm.

he was only dq’d because other players complained so in reality nothing would have happened to him if they didn’t complain and the dq for this type of behavior is something that doesn’t occur often. 

I don’t think he got let off easier than someone else

From what I understand, cameras are always rolling even if the broadcast is not happening.  They can then use the shots recorded to tell the stories from the front 9 for the viewers when they come on air.

The fact that other players complained points to how poor the behavior is.  It's disrespectul to his fellow competitors as well as disrespectful to the course.  

He was paid to be at the tournament, and then they had to DQ him for his actions.  To me, that seems to be enough of a reason to warrant a harsher penalty than just the DQ.

I could be coming from a place of not being a huge Sergio supporter since he does have a track record of showing himself to be a less than civil person.

2 hours ago, palvord said:

From what I understand, cameras are always rolling even if the broadcast is not happening.  They can then use the shots recorded to tell the stories from the front 9 for the viewers when they come on air.

The fact that other players complained points to how poor the behavior is.  It's disrespectul to his fellow competitors as well as disrespectful to the course.  

He was paid to be at the tournament, and then they had to DQ him for his actions.  To me, that seems to be enough of a reason to warrant a harsher penalty than just the DQ.

I could be coming from a place of not being a huge Sergio supporter since he does have a track record of showing himself to be a less than civil person.

Cameras may be rolling but if they don’t cover all the shots of every player and it’s also a euro event so may be different, but does it really matter if there are pics or not if the damage? He dragged his feet across the greens, we can imagine what the damage looked like. 

I could see forfeiting his appearance fee to whatever charity the euro tour felt to receive it but i don’t know if harsher punishment is needed or not and will leave that to the ones who make the decisions to determine.  We don’t know how many players complained or what the extent of their complaints were.

I agree he has a record of bad behavior but he has been pretty good since he started dating and then married his wife and the birth of his child. 

Club Pro Guy is a satire account, so these photos are purposely exaggerated. He's kidding

Based on what I've read from the "Scotsman" and other sources, while there was damage to the greens, it was nothing like what's in these photos. The act was reprehensible, especially for a professional,, and he should have been suspended for the season vs. just DQ'd. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

15 hours ago, palvord said:

you are correct- imagine if they didn't see a 'star player' shoot a 59 or get 2 holes in one etc etc