Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dynamic Gold vs 120 vs AMT

Jweck21

For anyone who has played standard Dynamic Gold's as well as the DG 120 and or the AMT white, what differences and similarities have you noticed? I've been playing the DG X100 and have no complaints on performance but they can feel a bit heavy. I'm considering going to a lighter version and would love some insight.

AMT white are the same as the original dg amt shafts that came out a few years ago. They play the same as the standard dg shafts just offer lighter weight in the longer shafts.

the dg 120 to me played and felt the same as the standard dg shafts just at a lighter weight and are consistent weight thru the set. 

Basically no change in performance across these three lines just a different weighting

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've played the AMT White and DG X100 and the biggest difference is in the longer clubs with the lighter shafts. I had the AMTs in a set of Bridgestone JCB15s because I didn't flight the ball high enough with the X100s. The Ping i210s I currently game have the DG X100 because the pings launch higher and I want to keep the flight down. I haven't played the DG 120 shafts but if you're looking for a little lighter shaft in your 4, 5, or 6 iron, then the AMTs will do the trick. Spin is a little higher on the AMTs in the longer irons, but nothing too drastic from the DG X100s. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty