Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

VJ Singh Goes Back To Dandy Putter To Sink Putts

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

By Jennifer Gardner

Tour Van

Riviera runner-up Vijay Singh has been putting well in February, thanks in part to the new Dandy putter that he has in the bag.

Singh, who used a Dandy model to win the 2000 Masters, has also been working on his grip to get maximum results on the greens.

"A lot of hard work and change of grip," Singh said Sunday about his putting game. "That makes me feel really good. I've got a new putter in the bag, too, so just a different look to the putting. I read the putts really well today."

Singh's Dandy putter is a belly-length mallet, like the Never Compromise Milled Series model he was previously playing. It is milled from 303 Stainless and T6061 aluminum with an anodized black finish, and is internally weighted and face milled for accuracy.

With the new putter, which he's had in the bag since the Waste Management Phoenix Open, Singh finished first in putts per round (26.3) and second in putts per GIR (1.628) for the week.

DANDY GOLF

#TruthDigest

Singh would be a great case study for a psychologist. He has switched putters so many times and missed clutch putts that he was just praying for an answer these last few years. I am glad that he has found a 'cure'. I would call it a temporary mental crutch, something that makes him consciously confident. What Vijay needs is to find something that makes him unconsciously confident, THAT is when is going to get his game back. I am a huge fan of Vijay - I want him to get back to the top. Don't forget, he is the one that first showed Tiger was human.

By Jennifer Gardner

Tour Van

Riviera runner-up Vijay Singh has been putting well in February, thanks in part to the new Dandy putter that he has in the bag.

Singh, who used a Dandy model to win the 2000 Masters, has also been working on his grip to get maximum results on the greens.

"A lot of hard work and change of grip," Singh said Sunday about his putting game. "That makes me feel really good. I've got a new putter in the bag, too, so just a different look to the putting. I read the putts really well today."

Singh's Dandy putter is a belly-length mallet, like the Never Compromise Milled Series model he was previously playing. It is milled from 303 Stainless and T6061 aluminum with an anodized black finish, and is internally weighted and face milled for accuracy.

With the new putter, which he's had in the bag since the Waste Management Phoenix Open, Singh finished first in putts per round (26.3) and second in putts per GIR (1.628) for the week.

DANDY GOLF

Archived