Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Left dash -Pro V1x (Review)

GC70

IMG_0051.HEIC

So, I got these in the mail today and headed to the course before the rain. The first thing I noticed was the color and tackiness (grippy) or should I say lack of. Do you know what I mean when you rub two golf balls together they like grip each other. These do not. The white was different than the other balls in the test almost cheap looking. (n)

I tested the left Dash against the Pro V1, Pro V1x, and the AVX.:popcorn: The weather was 61* and really windy. My home course is a link style, started drizzling on #8 and lasted the rest of the round. I hit all 4 balls on every shot. I took the longest drive and played all 4 from there. I putted all four on every green and chipped from at least 2 different spots at every green.

My gamer for years have been the Pro V1x. The last 5 rounds I switched to the V1 and my last 5 rounds were in the 70's.

Driver:

V1 - Longest

AVX - Straightest

V1x - Really loud off the driver. it might not have enough spin for me to keep it in the air. All the tee shots I thought I just creamed it and it was never the longest on any hole I used driver.

V1x - It was the shortest of the bunch and missed the most fairways to the left.

Irons and Hybrid:

All the balls performed really well. The V1x missed my target the most. All balls that hit the green never really ran out more than 5 feet. Again the -V1x was loud.

Chipping:

The V1x checked the most and the -V1x released the most, but nothing major.

Putting:

I had no problems putting with any of the 4 balls.

The -V1x is a great ball in it's own, but its not for me. It's to loud and hard feeling off the driver. It just doesn't work for me off the driver. I need all the distance I can get off the tee box. I can not afford to give up 10 to 20 yards.

So for now I'll be sticking with the V1.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

First, thank you for taking the time to write this up. I've been very curious to read some player reviews so I really appreciate this.

In the blog they write:

" (Mahoney says Left Dash isn’t quite as low spin as AVX, but it’s close). " but you said

3 hours ago, GC70 said:

V1x - Really loud off the driver. it might not have enough spin for me to keep it in the air.

So I'm wondering how big of a difference in spin you noticed for the driver between the AVX and the -ProV1x. It seems like your saying it has even less spin than the AVX. Also, since there can be some variation in balls, did you try driving several different -ProV1x or did you use the same one throughout?

Also, did you find the launch to be high like the regular ProV1x.

Thanks again

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

3 Wood: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

Irons: :cobra-small: Fly-Z 4-9 with stock stiff steel shafts

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip

First, thank you for taking the time to write this up. I've been very curious to read some player reviews so I really appreciate this.
In the blog they write:
" (Mahoney says Left Dash isn’t quite as low spin as AVX, but it’s close). " but you said
So I'm wondering how big of a difference in spin you noticed for the driver between the AVX and the -ProV1x. It seems like your saying it has even less spin than the AVX. Also, since there can be some variation in balls, did you try driving several different -ProV1x or did you use the same one throughout?
Also, did you find the launch to be high like the regular ProV1x.
Thanks again

I have no data to backup the spin of any of the balls I test but the -V1x spins off the driver less for me I’m guessing because it was not as long as the AVX for me. It flew higher than the AVX and lower than the normal V1x. There was two holes were I thought I absolutely nutted it and was a good 10 yards shorter.
I actually did use two -V1x’s because I aimed to far right and it never came back.

I hope this makes some sense. If not I’ll try explaining it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

41 minutes ago, GC70 said:

I hope this makes some sense. If not I’ll try explaining it better.

Thanks for the feedback. I played the AVX a lot last year and tested out the new ProV1x's this year so I'll definitely be giving the left dash balls a try as well.

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

3 Wood: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

Irons: :cobra-small: Fly-Z 4-9 with stock stiff steel shafts

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip