Xcaliber shafts

Popeye64

7 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

Interesting thread. I have a slow swing speed (80 or less with a driver) and currently use and like Recoil 95 F3s in my CBX4 wedges (I prefer heavier wedges). I recently acquired a Tour Edge Wingman 56* M/N wedge which I like everything about....except the steel shaft which I'm planning to switch out for graphite and recalled some of the reviews which I have read on these shafts over the years. 

After reading the company's website, I'm still not sure of the appropriate flex, but would like something around the same weight and am open to suggestions. 

Couple of ways you can go. The RTi 95 in R flex. For that 56° I would trim it as an 8iron. 

You could also go with the dedicated wedge shaft. The RTI 100 W. It's rated at stif but it's a wedge shaft so it plays soft. 

If I was building it I would go with the 95g for you. 

11 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Couple of ways you can go. The RTi 95 in R flex. For that 56° I would trim it as an 8iron. 

You could also go with the dedicated wedge shaft. The RTI 100 W. It's rated at stif but it's a wedge shaft so it plays soft. 

If I was building it I would go with the 95g for you. 

@Popeye64 - Thanks for your informative reply! the RTi 95 sounds like a good suggestion. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but IIRC "trimming it like an 8i" is soft stepping which would make the shaft somewhat more flexible, correct? 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB, or

Seemore FGP  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter.