Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The "GET WELL SOON, BIG STU" thread

30 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Update Sept 1 2020------  I had been off here a few weeks due to a drastic computer blow up. My old rat rod of a computer finally breathed it's last firery gasp. LOL it was 14 years old and a computer geek bud of mine had patched it together a couple of times. I had gotten lazy and stores were closed so I did not get a new one until today. As far as the back I am still in advanced occupational health now. Got released to attempt to swing again. I am swinging about half speed and half distance. Did set up my 915 driver to 12* for now and put the graphite shafted KZG irons in for now. LOL only hitting the driver about 175 or so hit the 6 iron about 135 or so. Yep taking it easy for now. May play in the shoot out Saturday. But fixing to lay back now because did therapy today and I am tired

Glad you are back on the course and in cyberspace!!  You have been missed!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

50 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Update Sept 1 2020------  I had been off here a few weeks due to a drastic computer blow up. My old rat rod of a computer finally breathed it's last firery gasp. LOL it was 14 years old and a computer geek bud of mine had patched it together a couple of times. I had gotten lazy and stores were closed so I did not get a new one until today. As far as the back I am still in advanced occupational health now. Got released to attempt to swing again. I am swinging about half speed and half distance. Did set up my 915 driver to 12* for now and put the graphite shafted KZG irons in for now. LOL only hitting the driver about 175 or so hit the 6 iron about 135 or so. Yep taking it easy for now. May play in the shoot out Saturday. But fixing to lay back now because did therapy today and I am tired

Good thing you are back on it's not the same without you here. You'll get back to having distance again it'll take time. 

Glad to see you back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Welcome back Big Stu, take care of that back and don't push it too hard buddy. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

6 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Good to here you're on the mend, been missing your brand of practical wisdom lately.  My similar vintage tower computer gave up in an anticlimactic motherboard crash, no warning just suddenly dead.

So, we would be playing competitively at those distances or perhaps a good round of cart golf.  It's not the score that matters, and anyone to tries to convince me of anything more soon finds out that I really don't care.  Golf itself is the remedy, the elixir of health for mind as much as body, and for the body as long as it's just the motions without the intent to put anything into low orbit.  Welcome back 🏌️‍♂️

⛳

LOL You just helped me remember I have 2 of my old towers and monitors buried in the bowels of the storage building across the street. But it is a moot point. I would have had to move a lot of stuff to get it and the back would not have taken it. But frankly I forgot about them until you mentioned a tower. My old one went out in a blaze of glory though. The screen looked like a simulated acid trip from the 60s and it literally threw smoke and some fire. Hey it was pieced together. A bud of mine is the rat rodder of electronics. Like I said it was 14  or 15 years old and was a Dell brand in the beginning but had boards and components from HP and Acer and I think one of the display things was from a LG brand TV. On the golf end right now I can make it work. I played 3 holes Saturday and backed off. Hit about 20 balls Sunday afternoon and about 25 or so Monday morning. My course and range is closed to us today and yesterday because it is one of the sites for the World Cheaters and Sandbaggers open better known as the World Am that they play every year here. So I did some mat and swing work here and plan to do so today. Had to explain at therapy yesterday to a lady the different ways of how golf appeals differently to folks for different reasons and how it had changed over the years personally for me.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Good to here you're on the mend, been missing your brand of practical wisdom lately.  My similar vintage tower computer gave up in an anticlimactic motherboard crash, no warning just suddenly dead.

So, we would be playing competitively at those distances or perhaps a good round of cart golf.  It's not the score that matters, and anyone to tries to convince me of anything more soon finds out that I really don't care.  Golf itself is the remedy, the elixir of health for mind as much as body, and for the body as long as it's just the motions without the intent to put anything into low orbit.  Welcome back 🏌️‍♂️

⛳

People fail to understand why I sometimes play my vintage golf with persimmon woods. I play blades as SOP for me anyhow. I just love the feel and sound of a persimmon wood. And it makes it a different game for me. During my sitting time I have observed a lot of people teeing off on our #10 hole. I have came upon the conclusion that just about anyone can hit a modern metal driver pretty reasonable regardless of the age of a player. For me it is an entirely different mindset and game hitting say a persimmon 5 wood into a green versus a #4 metal hybrid ( about 180 yards normally). I can carry the Hybrid further and have to bounce the 5 wood in and plan and hope it works out. Like you I do not care about the score but like being out there period. Now when we play the dog fight I do go WFO with metal woods but still with the old Mac blades in my signature. But still we make it fun and do little side bets for $2 or so with other teams. We do not anticipate really winning because there are too many teams with sharp pencils out there if you know what I mean. Us regulars make it a event within an event

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Welcome back Stu! 🏌️♂️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome back mate, glad to hear it was only a technical issue.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Naah to you donatings mode if you were on our team. We have 3 strong players in their own right which makes a good team and I am sure if you are breathing you would contribute. FTR my speciality is not being the longest but I hit a lot of fairways and I hit a lot of greens. One guy is long if he hits the fairway and the other one is a fantastic putter. Our 4th guy changes sometimes from week to week. But yeh I see a lot of showboat golfers from week to week. I like my low profile not giving a hoot mode floppy hat cigar smoking sunglasses persona. I mean who takes a guy seriously with a 25 year old mini staff plain Jane bag with rusty lead taped blades and mis matched head covers. But the head cover mode has changed. When I was first hurt I will admit I was in a state of depression. My wife bought me a beautiful set of red white and blue knit covers for a get well gift. Yep they look good on the old Burton bag and look good on the old Jones bag too. Helped cheer me up and when I started therapy I got wide open well at least on the shoulder. I am somewhat taking it easy on the back after being warned by several health professionals including my therapist. 

G

13 hours ago, BIG STU said:

People fail to understand why I sometimes play my vintage golf with persimmon woods. I play blades as SOP for me anyhow. I just love the feel and sound of a persimmon wood. And it makes it a different game for me. During my sitting time I have observed a lot of people teeing off on our #10 hole. I have came upon the conclusion that just about anyone can hit a modern metal driver pretty reasonable regardless of the age of a player. For me it is an entirely different mindset and game hitting say a persimmon 5 wood into a green versus a #4 metal hybrid ( about 180 yards normally). I can carry the Hybrid further and have to bounce the 5 wood in and plan and hope it works out. Like you I do not care about the score but like being out there period. Now when we play the dog fight I do go WFO with metal woods but still with the old Mac blades in my signature. But still we make it fun and do little side bets for $2 or so with other teams. We do not anticipate really winning because there are too many teams with sharp pencils out there if you know what I mean. Us regulars make it a event within an event

Sounds like you are saying that your team is getting pencil whipped! Been there, done that...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Thanks man I never expected my own thread. Man I feel honored. Yep I was just easing into retirement playing gobs of golf and really getting into shape then wham!!!! Yep I had found me an old school course with good folks and funny thing about it is the fact it played well for me whether vintage or more modern equipment. Most of all I guess i was enjoying the ambiance and good folks. Have my own corner of the patio where I sit and smoke my cigar and drink my coffee watching the sun come up over the 9th and 10th holes. It has always been dubbed Stu's corner. Lately during the virus thing I have not been allowed to do that but staff told me to get a cart and sit where I wanted to on the course. I am not allowed to drive anything because of the meds I am on but my wife is going to take me over in the morning because I can sit in my corner again. 
And seriously at 63 years old I finally got some gray hair and the sense to go along with it and realize this time I can not push it like I used to. So I am exercising caution which is a new thing for me. But thanks again MGS is part of what keeps me going

Just saw this thread... hoping you’re feeling a lot better by now. Gee whiz, didn’t you see my thread 2+ yrs ago about staying off ladders?!? Broken heel here, which could have been WAAY worse. Keep swinging!!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member