Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy Custom Cart Bag - Review

GolfSpy Tim

JStewart Golf - Custom Leather Cart Bag

An official MyGolfSpy.com Review

Custom Leather Golf Bags That Won't Break the Bank?

I've learned a HUGE lesson over the past few weeks. If you want to be an undercover golf spy, it's a VERY BAD IDEA to sport a custom leather cart bag with "MyGolfSpy" written all over it.

cart.jpg

I haven't owned a cart bag in years. The idea of a lighter stand bag that I could carry seemed ideal. Then it hit me, I can't deny that I'm a gear nut, and with the advent of adjustable clubs, I'm carrying more in my bag than ever before. So I began the search for the perfect cart bag.

While I'm not opposed to carrying a bag with one of the big manufacturers names on my bag, I realized that something more custom and "loud" was definitely a bit more my style.

After searching around online, I found that most custom bag companies require a minimum order (sometimes 20+ units) - and then I stumbled across JStewart Golf's Custom Made Golf Products website.

jstew.jpg

JStewart Golf was established by professional golfer James Stewart. Based out of Hong Kong, their bags are shipped to the United States. I shot them an email and found out that while their stand bags do require a minimum order, I could definitely order and review a one of a kind cart bag.

The process started with a form online which you can use to customize your bag's colors, as well as words, logos/image files for pretty much every panel on the bag. I've known for a long time that one of my strengths is NOT design. So I reached out and asked if they ever help with design, sure enough, they will gladly help you customize your design.

Less than 24 hours after emailing over some MyGolfSpy art I received back the first mock up of my soon to be new bag:

mockup1.jpg

In all honesty, I expected something rather cheesy. The minute I received this mock up, I knew we were onto something, and I realized that my ability on the golf course comes NO WHERE near matching the level of this bag.

I had a few quick requests that JStewart was able to update on the bag with ease. Two or three more emails and we updated the design so that my name matched the rest of the text on the bag, and we added the URL to the bottom ring of the bag. After one last proof of the mock up was approved they design was sent off to the factory.

In only 7 days time I had gone from searching for a new bag to a fully custom designed bag being ordered. One month to the day later I received photographs to proof the custom embroideries from the factory:

proof1.jpg

I anxiously approved the embroideries and was told the bag would be finished within 7 days. The following week I received photos to approve of the bag completed and ready to ship:

finalproof.jpg

Without question I approved the bag! If it looks half as good in person as the photos I might actually need to start dropping my handicap and quick just to admit that it's mine.

And just like that, about 6 weeks after I began my search, my clubs had made the transition from my hand-me-down stand bag to a fully custom MyGolfSpy JStwart cart bag!

The only question left, will this bag actually perform, or does it just look pretty?

Style (20 Points)

I think this JStewart custom golf bag moves right past style and takes on class and authority in one fell swoop. In all the new golf gear I've ever showed up with at the golf course, nothing has turned as many heads or received as many comments as this bag.

side.jpg

On style, I think JStewart has outdone themselves and taken me to a level that requires me getting bi weekly lessons for the rest of my golfing career!

tight.jpg

Style Score = 20/20

Performance (60 Points)

No matter how good my bag looks, if it doesn't work, then I might as well keep using my old bag.

Fortunately for me, the JStewart custom bag has delivered from day 1. I moved every bit of gear over from my stand bag and still have pockets that I'm trying to figure out how to fill.

The zippers zip without any problem (honestly, in a one-off custom bag, I fully expected the zippers to catch, and stray thread to abound - but this bag is an example of attention to detail. The piping, the zippers, the leather, everything is perfect. My clubs slide smoothly in and out of the bag, every pocket has ample room, and the top opening padding has held up to even my abuse (I'm a brute... I don't know the definition of "being careful")

details.jpg

Being a cart bag, weight isn't a huge issue. I am a push cart user, so I don't want a bag that weights 20 pounds. The JStewart bag weighs in at 7.9 pounds, a totally acceptable weight (and actually quite a bit lighter than many)

With about a month's worth of use, being tossed in and out of my car with very little care, being put on and taken off of a push cart each round, and normal wear and tear, I can only find the smallest sign of wear, on a very small part of the piping. (I'm pretty sure this wear wouldn't be noticed by most, and as a rough user of gear, this is completely acceptable and actually surprising to me that it hasn't worn more)

bottom.jpg

The top opening has 6 openings and has more than enough room to keep my set of 14 clubs (including a VERY large gripped putter and 5 other clubs with head covers) all organized and completely tangle free. I wouldn't mind a slot for each club, but I have no issues at all with the layout and openings.

top.jpg

The shoulder strap on the bag is large and comfortable. Definitely would never try and carry this through 18 holes, but that's not it's intended use.

With a total of 9 pockets, there is plenty of space to store your goods. The valuables pocket might be a bit on the large side, but it's padded and holds anything and everything I can toss at it, and I much prefer a little extra room.

Performance Score = 60/60

Value (20 Points)

There are not a lot of bags available with the customization of the JStewart golf bag, and at $420, I think the price point is extremely fair. (The only bag that I could find that seemed of the same/similar quality was priced $200 more than the JStewart bag)

Value being a combination of style, performance/quality and price - this bag isn't missing a beat.

Value Score = 20/20

Total Score = 100/100

Summary:

Without any hesitation I give a 100% stamp of approval for the JStewart custom golf bag.

I may hang my head in shame at owning such a beautiful bag each time I shank a ball, but when walking to the first tee, I'm guaranteed to receive envious and curious stares from the starter and my fellow golfers every time.

I love my custom cart bag and I know you will too.

bag.jpg

How much was it?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Do they work with other materials besides leather? Say water-proof nylon?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Looks sharp great wright up.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Do they work with other materials besides leather? Say water-proof nylon?

We work with a number of other materials, depending on the bag. The majority of our bags are made with a very durable polyurethane material. From a style standpoint, we can complement this material with a gloss or imitation snake skin material. Some of our bags do use a nylon material, but a waterproof nylon would have to be a custom order which is difficult to do for single bag orders.

Looks Great!! Also looks like it is made with care and top notch material, which you can't say about most bags anymore. Glad you have such a beautiful bag now

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I have to say : where the hell is mine" ? I'd hoof that around from my car to cart! Sweet Looking Bag!!!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Nice Bag.....very functional, but a little pricey for my budget.....I cringed when I paid $160 for a University of KY cart bag....For $420, I could get new irons....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

True...but those new irons would be in a Kentucky Bag :wacko:.

Nice Bag.....very functional, but a little pricey for my budget.....I cringed when I paid $160 for a University of KY cart bag....For $420, I could get new irons....

#TruthDigest

I must admit....the MGS logo looks pretty sweet on that bag!

and the quality looks first rate!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

You can have one too......they have the logos.....just place your order.

It's kinda a trip to have the only bag like this in existence... but makes it REALLY easy to find if someone decides to steal it! ;-)

$420 isn't what most people probably budget for a new bag, but for a custom bag, and really for a bag of this quality in general, I have to say I think it's actually a really solid price point.

In my searching around, I found one other company offering something custom that looked of similar quality and it was $220 more.

Sweet looking bag. The quality of workmanship looks damned good, too. At $420, you'll weed out the guys who aren't serious, so I have no issue on that front, none at all.

If I had the coin, there'd already be a MannKrafted bag in the works. New goal........JStewart bag for MannKrafted.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I can talk real nice to my SSB partner and have an SSB bag............maybe next year, B) .

LaMont in AZ

As if I need another bag. There is a pair of bags, like the one in my avatar, sitting in my office. I just don't have the game to justify packing one of those beauties to the car.

Archived