Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Garmin Forerunner 945

My old garmin s20 isn’t going to make it to the spring of 2021. Has anyone used the golf feature of the new forerunner? I’m curious how it stacks up against the approach series with golf function. I can’t find images or video of the forerunner golf interface anywhere. Thanks. 

-Nate

I have used it for a few rounds, it shows the distance to the hole, the front and the back of the green.

And it does register your shots when you hit them, chips and puts are not registered.

So if you are only using it for golf I would advice against it, but if you have use for the other activities the FR 945 provides it is a different story. I use it also for running and hiking, the available maps makes it also very convenient with hiking.

52 minutes ago, DoubleBogey said:

I have used it for a few rounds, it shows the distance to the hole, the front and the back of the green.

And it does register your shots when you hit them, chips and puts are not registered.

So if you are only using it for golf I would advice against it, but if you have use for the other activities the FR 945 provides it is a different story. I use it also for running and hiking, the available maps makes it also very convenient with hiking.

How about the ability to see hazards/doglegs or move the flag on the green? Any chance you could take some pics of the default golf screen, hazard view, and pin location screen? I’m mostly trying to figure out if its similar software to the lower end golf watches or their higher end. I’ve messed around with my friends s40 and can see enough of the s62 images online, but there’s nothing on the F945 golf display. Thanks for the reply!

-Nate

I’m a huge fan of the 945 as a versatile sports watch. It’s great for running, biking, skiing. For golf, it’s great for showing distances to the pin, front middle and back.  It can also show distances to fairway hazards, but just numbers not images. It does keep track of your score mid round as well.  It can track shots, and does it automatically after the round, but not what club you used, and not putts. You’d see what is below.  I find it helpful to track your driver, but not much else. as a note, the watch does detect when you take a shot, so you don’t have to do anything other than wear the watch to show the stats I show below. I find it has an 85% accuracy rate. It also calculates a handicap, 

im considering a golf specific device to track data per club. Leaning towards the Arccos as I find the gps function on the 945 to be fine. But don’t love that system. 

3C2016E5-5422-418E-A9F8-20DC40E2D47E.png