Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Club Champion (has this been anyone else's experience?)

I either got put on ignore on the Club Champion thread on WRX or it got deleted lol. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

56 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I was aware of most of that and that's why I would like to see how it plays out for various people.  Based on nothing other than my own gut feeling, I have a strong suspicion that a large majority of golfers can be fit within a given manufacturers stock or no upcharge offerings with minimal or no performance loss compared to the full slate of what a CC or truefit offers.  

Obviously if you are on the fringes either because of your swing or a physical characteristic (like really short or tall) then there is clearly a benefit in going to a place that actually has the equipment that you may need.  

Based on what I’ve seen over the last 7-8 years I would agree especially as we see more shaft brands and OEMs work together to get their aftermarket shafts as no upcharge.

The higherend swing speeds probably in the 115+ range will usually do better with some of the aftermarket shafts. For others it’s about feel and why you see big those groups gravitate towards the true aftermarket brands. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

I dislike having to share my negative experience however I am going through the same ordeal that many others note.  I ordered my irons April 23rd and was told 5-7 weeks which at the time I thought was way too long to wait.  Its now been two months and I just received an email saying that the target date is July 6th.  In Chicago we will probably have snow in October so I've missed half the season.  The fitting process was amazing, really enjoyed it so I have nothing but great things to say about that experience.  However none of my friends waited 10 1/2 weeks for fitted clubs even at the height of Covid so I clearly picked the wrong place to order from.  I am thinking about cancelling the charge with my credit card company.  The Club Champion sales order says no cancellations allowed- any comments on that process if anyone disputed their charge with their bank to get a refund?  

2 hours ago, PRD2271 said:

I dislike having to share my negative experience however I am going through the same ordeal that many others note.  I ordered my irons April 23rd and was told 5-7 weeks which at the time I thought was way too long to wait.  Its now been two months and I just received an email saying that the target date is July 6th.  In Chicago we will probably have snow in October so I've missed half the season.  The fitting process was amazing, really enjoyed it so I have nothing but great things to say about that experience.  However none of my friends waited 10 1/2 weeks for fitted clubs even at the height of Covid so I clearly picked the wrong place to order from.  I am thinking about cancelling the charge with my credit card company.  The Club Champion sales order says no cancellations allowed- any comments on that process if anyone disputed their charge with their bank to get a refund?  

What clubs did you order?
What shaft?

What grips?

Have you asked what component is cashing the delay? It’s not so much where you order from because it’s going to be the same from every retail place, but rather what component is causing the delay. Also for many during the peak of covid there wasn’t as many supply chain issues and as time has gone on the issues have grown because more people are buying equipment so they can’t keep up with the order volume 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

@PRD2271 I would do as Ricky Bobby suggests and find out what the hold up is.  If it is a grip they are waiting on you can probably change it to something that is in stock or have htem send the clubs without grips and source them yourself.  If it's a specific shaft or the head itself you are waiting on then that's  a tougher choice to make.

Also, I don't have any specific experience with cancelling orders at CC, but credit card charge backs are not automatic or guaranteed.  If you call the credit card company to dispute the charge, they will attempt a resolution with CC and if your reason for cancelling is it is taking too long, you will almost guaranteed lose that dispute and your credit card company will side with CC and you'll have to pay the bill.  The only way I see you winning a credit card dispute is if they send you the wrong clubs or they have a defect, etc and CC refuses to make it right.  

I believe they also build every club at their central facility in Chicago only, which seems silly. i also had a bogus experience with CC this spring. They havent handled covid well. Telling people 2-5 weeks, knowing its WAY longer. It was my first and last CC experience. There customer service, communication and follow up is absolute garbage in my OPINION, based on my experience. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my TM SIM2 Max yesterday after a 12 week wait.  The joke with my fitter was, hopefully I would get it before it became last season news.

Even after 12 weeks they got the grip wrong.  Go figure.

Overall?  It was a good experience.  Would I do it again?  Highly doubtful. 

Edited by hrfdez

Driver:  TM SIM2 Max

Woods:  3/5 TM SIM2 Max

Hybrid:  22 PXG

Irons:  5-PW 0311XF PXG

Wedges: 50/54/58 Vokey SM8 Black 

Putter:  Custom SC 009 35/330g

• 1 month later...

After reading this fiasco, I am curious to see how long CC takes to get me my edel putter. The fitter told me 5-7 weeks, which I was like seriously? I emailed edel when I got home and they saw my order from CC, and said their total build time is 3-5 days, and it should be shipped to CC by the end of this week. So I am curious as to how long CC will keep my putter, and blame it on Edel.

9 hours ago, Travis1988 said:

After reading this fiasco, I am curious to see how long CC takes to get me my edel putter. The fitter told me 5-7 weeks, which I was like seriously? I emailed edel when I got home and they saw my order from CC, and said their total build time is 3-5 days, and it should be shipped to CC by the end of this week. So I am curious as to how long CC will keep my putter, and blame it on Edel.

My CC learning pain was a stock SeeMore ordered in Feb. I was told “a few weeks”. 9 weeks later it showed up. I know they just ordered it as is, but acted like they built it. I thought about buying direct but my fitting experience was pretty good and i wanted to give them the sale. Never again. Theyre a mess over there. I MAY do another fitting there, but never another purchase. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

I had a super bad time with CC . I think it’s best to get fitted then buy on eBay.

say from Dallas golf or someone like that….. 

By the way at least you’re going to know how long you’re 6 iron goes.

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•  
On 3/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, Afternoon Spray said:

Well guys, they finally arrived. I debated cancelling there for a while but with the delay everyone has been saying Ping is experiencing I didn't want to go back to square one. And to all who let me know how much I overpaid, I knew that I would be going in.  This was my first ever set of clubs that aren't hand me downs and I was ok paying a little extra to get fit for stuff that would be perfect for me. I cut some costs by not getting any of my iron shafts pured. I definitely overpaid for my driver and 3 wood and that didn't help keep costs down but I'm happy with what I have. In the future I will definitely go with a local PGA pro over club champion. Definitely don't want to repeat the poor customer service experience. My fitters were great. The guys who work at my local location are awesome. But that experience with their customer experience team at their headquarters has turned me off of ever using them again in the future. 

Glad they arrived and you like them.  Good thing you were in line when you were because it sounds like PING's supply chain woes have worsened 😬.  As for the overprice, I was fortunate to have been on this site long enough to have read a handful or threads/posts warning that True Spec, CC and others generally are not competitive in price and to just get your specs and have them built elsewhere. 

Enjoy the i210's and throw this thread into your memory cache for the next time.  And, FWIW, I highly recommend Fairway Jockey - best price I found and fantastic customer service!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

The central HQ is the problem. I bought my pre-Covid in Jan 2020. My estimate was 2 weeks and turned out being closer to 4 at that time. Although I got updates all along the way, of course the mfg was the fall back from corporate customer service. The "HQ" build screwed up the swing weight on my set. So local shop made the fix for me. My CC fitter even acknowledged then sometimes the mfg is late, but also CC HQ isn't the fastest. My CC fitters have been great to work with (both at the same store). After a year with my irons, I didn't have the same feel (swing changes really bumped club speed). Even though the perfect fit guarantee passed, they brought me in (April 2021) and didn't charge me to refit. Upgraded my iron shafts which they did in store. They told me about a week to get the KBS shafts in and had the rebuilds done in 2 days after they arrived. Before I went home, they had me rehit on the lie board to make sure everything was just right.

My CC shop has always been honest with me on lead times. 2 weeks ago my 8i shaft was damaged and I had to have rebuilt. They told me 8-10 weeks on the single KBS shaft from them, but then actually advised me to try to find it elsewhere bring it in and we'll build it for you. So I picked up my shaft and MCC +4 grip online in a week and brought it in. Back to me in 2 days. 

I know you can get cheaper elsewhere, but for me I'll pay the extra cost to hit a much wider variety of equipment to find the right setup.  

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

• 5 months later...

I've been to Club Champion a few times recently for different types of fittings and they never try to sell me anything at all. I never even tell the fitters that i am not interested in making a purchase. What happens is at the start of the fitting, I start talking about club building, tell them i built the set of clubs, that i have a bending machine at home, etc. By the end of the fitting, they say something like: "here's the print out of your specs so that you can source the components elsewhere"

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 months later...

I placed an order with CC 8/30/21 for every club minus a putter.  Got my Driver and 3w shafts, and hybrid head and shaft within a month or so.   I am still waiting for my TM P790's with Modus 120 shafts.  All of the various sites and CC are saying its the Nippon Modus shafts to TM which are the delay.  They said 4/15/22, but I am going to call today to check.  I also ordered a Vokey wedge, with the same Modus 120 shaft and it was delivered last fall with my woods, but of course that's Titleist not TM.  Now that it's Spring and I'm playing again, I am about to cancel my order if I don't get some solid answers.

4 minutes ago, tcrob61 said:

I placed an order with CC 8/30/21 for every club minus a putter.  Got my Driver and 3w shafts, and hybrid head and shaft within a month or so.   I am still waiting for my TM P790's with Modus 120 shafts.  All of the various sites and CC are saying its the Nippon Modus shafts to TM which are the delay.  They said 4/15/22, but I am going to call today to check.  I also ordered a Vokey wedge, with the same Modus 120 shaft and it was delivered last fall with my woods, but of course that's Titleist not TM.  Now that it's Spring and I'm playing again, I am about to cancel my order if I don't get some solid answers.

Modus 120 have been some of the most popular shafts and have been one of the main backorders shafts since early 2021. 

4/15 was the latest update I had heard for when the club manufacturers would get an order in. There’s no mention of how many they are getting each but whatever it is the count is the processing is going to be by order date for each customer. So if you are customer 100 for tm and they only get enough for orders for less than a hundred your date is going to get pushed further.

TaylorMade and several other brands actually removed the Nippon shafts from their matrix because of the huge delay in backordered shafts.