Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Is it possible to get a download of the number of times each club has been hit? I would find this information potentially useful for bag makeup (i.e. if there is a club or clubs which I have almost never used, consider removal).

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

On 11/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, nupezb said:

"My strategy" brings Shot Scope a step closer to challenging Arcoss's "Caddie" for navigating new courses. Yet, two key distinctions exist: Arcoss is automatic, accounting for environmental effects, while Shot Scope offers a cost-free alternative.

Hopefully, they will continue to improve this feature but for now I’ll pass.

c885ece29e6779161ed3d83448a9299b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANCC!!  Sweet!  I played there almost my entire childhood.  I also worked there on the grounds crew all thru high school.  It was our "home course" & we always played what I called the "middle nine" ... the extra nine in the middle of the course.  I haven't played there in years.  I also played the course in Fairfax a lot but not as much as Arlington because I lived only 10 minutes from there.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

42 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

Is it possible to get a download of the number of times each club has been hit? I would find this information potentially useful for bag makeup (i.e. if there is a club or clubs which I have almost never used, consider removal).

This is a great question. I'd love to know this info as well, especially as I look to do fittings in the Spring.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

4 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

For example, under Performance, Tee shots, choose your timeframe 1/5/10/15 2023, etc., then hover your mouse pointer over the club in the Fairway Success area, and it will tell you how many shots have been hit with that club during the timeframe chosen. In the Approach area, select By Club in the Proximity area and hover over any club, or hover over any club in Green Success or Shots to finish, and it will show how many times the club was used for the timeframe chosen.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

For example, under Performance, Tee shots, choose your timeframe 1/5/10/15 2023, etc., then hover your mouse pointer over the club in the Fairway Success area, and it will tell you how many shots have been hit with that club during the timeframe chosen. In the Approach area, select By Club in the Proximity area and hover over any club, or hover over any club in Green Success or Shots to finish, and it will show how many times the club was used for the timeframe chosen.

Good suggestion; thanks. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Sorry if this has been touched on, I have had a quick scan of the thread and didn't notice it. I am thinking of getting the Shotscope CONNEX - the tracker that you use your phone instead of the watch or handheld GPS. Does anyone else use this? I just wanted to check something first

I understand that you tap the club tag against your phone, similar to when we make contactless payments. My main query is do I have to have my phone unlocked and the app open every time i want to tap/register a club? or does it work with the phone screen locked. It will be a pain if I have to get my phone, unlock it and open the app before every shot. 

Cheers

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

1 hour ago, benb1989 said:

Hi All, 

Sorry if this has been touched on, I have had a quick scan of the thread and didn't notice it. I am thinking of getting the Shotscope CONNEX - the tracker that you use your phone instead of the watch or handheld GPS. Does anyone else use this? I just wanted to check something first

I understand that you tap the club tag against your phone, similar to when we make contactless payments. My main query is do I have to have my phone unlocked and the app open every time i want to tap/register a club? or does it work with the phone screen locked. It will be a pain if I have to get my phone, unlock it and open the app before every shot. 

Cheers

Amazing what can be found on the Shot Scope site:

https://connexsupport.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/17271672927633-Can-I-lock-my-phone-when-using-Connex-

2 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Thank you, 

I had read everything on the products page on their website, but did not even notice that part of the website

19 hours ago, benb1989 said:

Thank you, 

I had read everything on the products page on their website, but did not even notice that part of the website

Their Support Site has a lot of great info, more so than the user guides!

On 11/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, benb1989 said:

Hi All, 

Cheers

I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I just purchased the Connex and set it up tonight. They have some videos on their website that I was sent to when I scanned the QR code and one of the things they do recommend you have your phone unlocked and the app opened while using it. Here's a screenshot from the user manual:

Screenshot_20231201_185528_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.c615f300f6228bccac240505820aff43.jpg

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I just purchased the Connex and set it up tonight. They have some videos on their website that I was sent to when I scanned the QR code and one of the things they do recommend you have your phone unlocked and the app opened while using it. Here's a screenshot from the user manual:

Screenshot_20231201_185528_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.c615f300f6228bccac240505820aff43.jpg

We'll be curious to see your results especially on battery depletion and accuracy in picking up shots. Also other than cost any reason why you chose to go with Connex vs the X5 or H4? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We'll be curious to see your results especially on battery depletion and accuracy in picking up shots. Also other than cost any reason why you chose to go with Connex vs the X5 or H4? 

It was mainly the cost, to be honest. I have been wanting to try ShotScope for a while and I figured this was the least risky way to try it out.

I'm with you, I want to see how well and easy it works plus I'll be curious how the battery life is my phone holds up. 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:15 AM, benb1989 said:

Hi All, 

Cheers

I'm now seeing more and more players here using their phone for on-course mapping/yardages.  Not sure if all are Connex but I guess since almost no one in developed countries, under the age of 90, go just about anywhere without an electronic binky, using it for this purpose makes sense.  Most players here have riding carts which have an outlet to power phones, etc., so battery life isn't much of an issue.  What is, at least for my phone, are summer temperatures 🫠.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I do want to expound more on my post from this morning since I was at work and a bit groggy. 

I have been wanting to try ShotScope out as an alternative to Arccos because it tracks a lot of the same stats without the subscription fee that Arccos has. Initially I was leaning toward the H4, I like the fact it has the same sort of display as the watch, without the watch. I have never been fond of wearing one on the course for comfort reasons.

I saw the sale on their website and initially just went over to look at what deals they were running and saw the Connex. We just bought an outdoor griddle and I was looking for a good price and found something I could justify to the wife and $50 ain't to shabby. 

I haven't seen to much on it here on the forum, although I will admit I haven't read a lot of this thread. I'm considering doing an unofficial review of the system once I can get out and use it in a couple of weeks. We're working weekends right now and honestly I hardly have time to even look at my golf clubs. I would like to give an idea of how it performs, the ease of use, and how hard it is on a cell phone battery. I think it will be good to get something out there for anyone on a budget to see what's out there in a more budget friendly package. 

I'm really looking forward to trying it out. 

16 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I do want to expound more on my post from this morning since I was at work and a bit groggy. 

I have been wanting to try ShotScope out as an alternative to Arccos because it tracks a lot of the same stats without the subscription fee that Arccos has. Initially I was leaning toward the H4, I like the fact it has the same sort of display as the watch, without the watch. I have never been fond of wearing one on the course for comfort reasons.

I saw the sale on their website and initially just went over to look at what deals they were running and saw the Connex. We just bought an outdoor griddle and I was looking for a good price and found something I could justify to the wife and $50 ain't to shabby. 

I haven't seen to much on it here on the forum, although I will admit I haven't read a lot of this thread. I'm considering doing an unofficial review of the system once I can get out and use it in a couple of weeks. We're working weekends right now and honestly I hardly have time to even look at my golf clubs. I would like to give an idea of how it performs, the ease of use, and how hard it is on a cell phone battery. I think it will be good to get something out there for anyone on a budget to see what's out there in a more budget friendly package. 

I’m really looking forward to hearing your review, no matter how unofficial it is. I’m making a short list of all the apps/programs out there to allow me to track as much data about my game as I can. Having an app feature is really nice too. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

Just now, Preeway said:

I’m really looking forward to hearing your review, no matter how unofficial it is. I’m making a short list of all the apps/programs out there to allow me to track as much data about my game as I can. Having an app feature is really nice too. 

I appreciate it! 

On 12/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I look forward to reading about your experiences, especially how much battery it drains. I too do not like wearing a watch when playing, and personally did not want to have another thing to worry about charging and then forgetting to bring with me, which is why I am interested in Connex. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI if anyone interested - listed my X5 in the Classifieds....

Works great, is in great condition .. just was not keeping up with the post-round editing so the stats became less meaningful over time...

Edited by cksurfdude

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

FYI if anyone interested - listed my X5 in the Classifieds....

Works great, is in great condition .. just was not keeping up with the post-round editing so the stats became less meaningful over time...

That's a great deal and if I hadn't picked up the Connex system, I would be all over it. Hopefully you'll sell it soon. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great deal and if I hadn't picked up the Connex system, I would be all over it.

Are you still in the returns period for the Connex 😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing an unofficial review of the Connex of anyone might be interested in how the newest offering performs. Shout-out to @tony@CICfor recommending I post up the link here. 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62045-unofficial-member-review-shotscope-connex/

• 4 weeks later...

I’m getting a new full bag of clubs soon. I How user-friendly is it to incorporate a second set of Shot Scope X5 tags? intend to compare them with my current set.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

11 hours ago, nupezb said:

I’m getting a new full bag of clubs soon. I How user-friendly is it to incorporate a second set of Shot Scope X5 tags? intend to compare them with my current set.

Create the new clubs in My Bag, install the tags on the clubs, assign the clubs to the appropriate tags in My Bag. The new clubs will show up in the Performance in a different color so you can easily compare them. 

Create the new clubs in My Bag, install the tags on the clubs, assign the clubs to the appropriate tags in My Bag. The new clubs will show up in the Performance in a different color so you can easily compare them. 

Thanks. Since it’s snowing here I have some time but I’m looking forward to comparing my clubs in the spring.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

11 hours ago, nupezb said:

Thanks. Since it’s snowing here I have some time but I’m looking forward to comparing my clubs in the spring.

As @PhilM75072 stated, it's very seamless & a nice feature of ShotScope. I used it last year to compare two different 3-hybrids & two different Odyssey putters......then shelved both putters after getting fit to a Bettinardi 🙄🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

• 2 weeks later...

I considering the new connex, but have a couple questions before I buy it. 

1. I play the same course for the majority of my rounds, and want to know if I can look at the hole and see where my shots have gone to see any tendencies.

2. Can you see a dispersion area for a specific club?

I hope I asked them in a way that makes sense. Thank You in advance 

45 minutes ago, 2puttbogey said:

I considering the new connex, but have a couple questions before I buy it. 

1. I play the same course for the majority of my rounds, and want to know if I can look at the hole and see where my shots have gone to see any tendencies.

2. Can you see a dispersion area for a specific club?

I hope I asked them in a way that makes sense. Thank You in advance 

Are you looking for an overlay of different rounds that would show the dispersion of a specific club on a specific hole - somewhat like a Trackman would show for a 7i during a fitting? Or are you looking for a general overview? If the latter SS provides performance in several categories: Tee shots, approaches, short game, & putting. 

Left Hand orientation

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Are you looking for an overlay of different rounds that would show the dispersion of a specific club on a specific hole - somewhat like a Trackman would show for a 7i during a fitting? Or are you looking for a general overview? If the latter SS provides performance in several categories: Tee shots, approaches, short game, & putting. 

Overlay of the dispersion is what I’d like to see for each club. I’d also like to see a cluster of shots on each hole not necessarily club specific to see miss tendencies. 

10 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

Overlay of the dispersion is what I’d like to see for each club. I’d also like to see a cluster of shots on each hole not necessarily club specific to see miss tendencies. 

On the app, you can see tee shots "plotted" for any hole, and you can select a specific club if more than one is used. On the online Dashboard, you can do the same for approach shots. This is regardless of how the data is collected, using any of the watches or Connex.

14 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

Here's a screen shot from the SS app. It'll show the specific club and distances. Note: you can toggle between the overview of the hole and the green (green view not shown) . The green view shows the putts and corresponding distances. The dashboard has more specific data but if you're looking for the hole overview - clubs and distances, the app info is easily accessible. EDIT: And yes, I did mishit my drive😣

Screenshot2024-01-31at8_36_28AM.jpeg.9502f084a67d3cff7eb3c447b4ec1cc9.jpeg

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation