Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Jordan ADG 3

mGolf

I recently purchased the Jordan ADG 3. I read some of the reviews talking about the noise they made, but didn’t give it much credit given the other positive reviews. I first tried them at the driving range and the shoes didn’t even make it to the end of a 75-ball bucket when the left shoe started getting loud.  

DB40B537-CAC5-4B94-AC56-D6380B04F265.jpeg.a4494ab0d5fe7ffb1c6fe23f8e40f91a.jpeg

I initially thought maybe the grass was just wet enough to cause the problem. When I got home, and took the shoes out of the trunk, I could make the same sound just manipulating the sole with my hands. Again giving it the benefit of doubt, I decided to wear them for my next round. The shoes were quiet at first, but by the fourth hole I found myself walking difference just to try and keep them quiet. It didn’t work. 

Maybe it was a bad batch and the other squeakers and I were just unlucky?  More than that is the disappointment in a brand I would expect to make quality product. At the very least it was another lesson in online reviews, and paying attention to a theme of similar concerns. The problem for me is I really liked them- they were comfortable, I liked the styling, and the grip was good. 

Thankfully Dicks Sporting Goods has a generous return policy so I didn’t lose my money on an unusable product.  I didn’t even have the box when I returned them.

Any relatable stories out there? Do you buy golf shoes without trying them on? Has anyone actually had a quiet pair of ADG 3?

Edited by N-M

All you needed was some baby powder or talc on the inside of the sole where the noise comes from. That should have fixed the issue. This is pretty common thing with some new shoes whether it’s sneakers, dress shoes or golf shoes and happens frequently with nikes and jordans.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

All you needed was some baby powder or talc on the inside of the sole where the noise comes from. That should have fixed the issue. This is pretty common thing with some new shoes whether it’s sneakers, dress shoes or golf shoes and happens frequently with nikes and jordans.

Wait. What?  I’ve not experienced this in any shoe previously in or outside of golf, and clearly it didn’t occur to me to try powder.  It seems you’ve done that with some success?  Now you have me thinking I should try another pair 😬

10 minutes ago, N-M said:

Wait. What?  I’ve not experienced this in any shoe previously in or outside of golf, and clearly it didn’t occur to me to try powder.  It seems you’ve done that with some success?  Now you have me thinking I should try another pair 😬

Do a Google search for fixing squeaky shoe. There’s several things that can be done. It’s typically a moisture thing between the mid sole. First time I saw the baby powder was on wrx. Seen it referenced in other groups as well.

Something it can be a sole/traction thing too. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1