Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

need new driver

gym131

Recent recovered from bad back injury. Swing speed has dropped from 93mph to 65 mph. I currently use an XXIO Prime driver, 10.5 loft , R flex (which is more like a A flex)  46.5 " shaft length. Distance about 150-160 yds with driver.  At 77 still working out but still not helping. Got fitted for new clubs Any suggestions ?

Did the fitter have any other suggestions? 

With a ton of new releases coming out soon may be best to wait and test out some of them to see if anything new may have better impact on your game. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I would go out on a limb and say 40g shafts will probably be a must for your driver, not only to increase swing speed but to reduce weight through your torsional twist and help your back out. I would stay away from the G425 max, it may not be heavier but it really seems to feel heavier, through my experiences. 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, TylorJudd said:

I would go out on a limb and say 40g shafts will probably be a must for your driver, not only to increase swing speed but to reduce weight through your torsional twist and help your back out. I would stay away from the G425 max, it may not be heavier but it really seems to feel heavier, through my experiences. 

The XXIO prime driver has a 35 gram shaft so he is as light as he will probably get.

2 hours ago, gym131 said:

Recent recovered from bad back injury. Swing speed has dropped from 93mph to 65 mph. I currently use an XXIO Prime driver, 10.5 loft , R flex (which is more like a A flex)  46.5 " shaft length. Distance about 150-160 yds with driver.  At 77 still working out but still not helping. Got fitted for new clubs Any suggestions ?

IMO,  you probably won't get much benefit from a different club.  Distance comes from speed and unfortunately due to injury you have some limitations.   Perhaps your best option is to find someone that does golf specific exercises.  Maybe see if you have someone associated with Titleist Performance Institute (https://www.mytpi.com/) near you to see what you might be able to do to improve your swing and get some additional speed.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

78 here and have lots of ailments from years of just being alive. The mind says OK, here's what we're going to do and the body just says - yeah right just watch this!!! We all will succumb to the degrading of physical prowess, some more than other's and even more so when dealing with injuries. As it has been stated, distance equates to swing speed and no new club(s) will correct this to any real significant degree (been there and tried it). You will have to adjust your game to deal with your current short comings and focus on your short game, until such time as your back will allow you to hopefully move better.      

Total Callaway bag - except putter