Your bucket list course with a twist

GolfSpy_BEN

This is one is easy for me - Peachtree Golf Club.  Located about 10 minutes from my house, Peachtree is considered (by some) to be more exclusive than Augusta (with the obvious connection to Bobby Jones).  Its in a very interesting neighborhood - tons of development and traffic go around the property, but tall trees guard it from all sides so you can only get peeks of the course when you drive by.  Would absolutely love to play it one day!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

20 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I would LOVE to see an MGS outing somewhere in the upper midwest here. Wisconsin is loaded with great courses. Erin Hills & Whistling Straights as you mentioned, Sand Valley is really good, The Golf Courses of Lawsonia are great courses, Sentry World (Home of the 2023 U.S. Senior Open) & Stevens Point CC in Stevens Point, WI (private course but allows limited public tee times). Then just near where I live, there are two great courses in Wisconsin Dells in Trappers Turn (an Andy North design) & Wild Rock GC.

I'll just keep hoping it someday happens and then I can be the group bartender and make everyone old fashioneds (which I make a mean cocktail, if I do say so myself 😜)

The drive from Ohio is reasonable and I’ve been looking for an excuse to visit the great state of Wisconsin. Just saying…😁

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

9 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

This is one is easy for me - Peachtree Golf Club.  Located about 10 minutes from my house, Peachtree is considered (by some) to be more exclusive than Augusta (with the obvious connection to Bobby Jones).  Its in a very interesting neighborhood - tons of development and traffic go around the property, but tall trees guard it from all sides so you can only get peeks of the course when you drive by.  Would absolutely love to play it one day!

Isn't it amazing how well they can hide massive golf courses? Lol at the course I linked above, Sand Valley, you would literally not know it was there from the highway. It's got a looooooong driveway that leads to the clubhouse, and once you break the surrounding pine trees, it's like you enter a new world entirely. The best way to describe it is you're almost smack dab in the middle of Wisconsin geographically, but the course and surroundings look nothing like you could find in Wisconsin. It's truly a breathtaking property. I've driven back in there a couple times just to gawk at everything haha. I forgot to mention too, that they have a par 3 17 hole course called the Sand Box. It's got virtually no structured rules to follow except to have fun. You can play barefoot, there is music playing, there's a food truck on the course, it's just such a cool place. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

3 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Isn't it amazing how well they can hide massive golf courses? Lol at the course I linked above, Sand Valley, you would literally not know it was there from the highway. It's got a looooooong driveway that leads to the clubhouse, and once you break the surrounding pine trees, it's like you enter a new world entirely. The best way to describe it is you're almost smack dab in the middle of Wisconsin geographically, but the course and surroundings look nothing like you could find in Wisconsin. It's truly a breathtaking property. I've driven back in there a couple times just to gawk at everything haha. I forgot to mention too, that they have a par 3 17 hole course called the Sand Box. It's got virtually no structured rules to follow except to have fun. You can play barefoot, there is music playing, there's a food truck on the course, it's just such a cool place. 

Sand Valley is on the shortlist for our next guys trip - I've heard great things about the resort and excited for the Lido and Sedge Valley to be added!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

7 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Sand Valley is on the shortlist for our next guys trip - I've heard great things about the resort and excited for the Lido and Sedge Valley to be added!

The Lido is opening I BELIEVE this summer, but it may be limited tee times. If you do come up, please let me know! Would love to take you out on the lake! My in-laws have a cabin that is a stone's throw away. Sedge Valley is going to be awesome as well. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, Jnoble89 said:

The Lido is opening I BELIEVE this summer, but it may be limited tee times. If you do come up, please let me know! Would love to take you out on the lake! My in-laws have a cabin that is a stone's throw away. Sedge Valley is going to be awesome as well. 

I'll just have to take you up on that!

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

To continue on my pumping up of Wisconsin public golf (sorry if I’m annoying anyone or inadvertently taking this thread over 😅) I found a video series on YouTube by the Gimme Golf studio where they play the top 10 public WI courses in 10 days. Almost all courses I listed except Stevens Point CC (private) and two in Wisconsin Dells are on the list. Below is a video from Sentry World, which is a truly incredible stay & play option as once you pay your greens fee, everything on property (range, food, drinks, etc.) is complimentary. 

If you’re looking for a golf destination, don’t look past Wisconsin. 

#LeftyGang

7 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

To continue on my pumping up of Wisconsin public golf (sorry if I’m annoying anyone or inadvertently taking this thread over 😅) I found a video series on YouTube by the Gimme Golf studio where they play the top 10 public WI courses in 10 days. Almost all courses I listed except Stevens Point CC (private) and two in Wisconsin Dells are on the list. Below is a video from Sentry World, which is a truly incredible stay & play option as once you pay your greens fee, everything on property (range, food, drinks, etc.) is complimentary. 

I have watched them all and that’s my dream trip! Wisconsin will forever be my favorite golf destination! Thank goodness I live here!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

47 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

No worries. That’s the great thing about a thread like this, it goes wherever it goes!

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

Peachtree County Club is about 90 miles from me and is considered by many to be more exclusive than Augusta National.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 5/10/2023 at 5:12 AM, Placasse61 said:

I agree the Country Club in Brookline, I just found out a former student is the special functions coordinator there, but know I have a better shot at TPC Boston in Norton MA. 

That's great news, that sounds interesting, I agree with you and special functions coordinator at the Country Club in Brookline! Having connections can definitely be advantageous when seeking employment opportunities. However, if you're looking for a potentially better shot at TPC Boston in Norton, MA, it's worth exploring that option as well. When it comes to presenting your argument or perspective, incorporating Rogerian argument essay examples can be quite helpful. These examples can provide you with a clear understanding of how to structure your arguments in a balanced and respectful manner. They emphasize the importance of acknowledging and understanding opposing viewpoints while striving for common ground and productive dialogue. To gain access to some Rogerian argument essay examples, you may want to check out check here. It will provide you with a range of sample essays that can serve as valuable references for your own writing.

Edited by ireneegonzalez

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2023 at 12:29 PM, Jnoble89 said:

The crew is on site RIGHT NOW at Sand Valley for a more in depth looking at the SV courses. They played Sedge today (12 hole preview) and said it might be the best course on the whole property.

Gimme Golf Club - "Everyone Only"

image.png.5eefd8c128d4e8ec9012c8ba689631ed.png  M2 (2016) Driver image.png.b5c7f049cf0e193a7887b5f15b860842.png OG RBZ 3-Banger

:Sub70: 659 TC :Sub70:  005 Wide Blade CS

Wedges change daily...

1 minute ago, ALo314 said:

The crew is on site RIGHT NOW at Sand Valley for a more in depth looking at the SV courses. They played Sedge today (12 hole preview) and said it might be the best course on the whole property.

Selfishly, I'm holding off on a guy's trip to SV until Sedge is fully open...can't wait to see it!

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

13 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Selfishly, I'm holding off on a guy's trip to SV until Sedge is fully open...can't wait to see it!

@ALo314 I have a trip plan for SV in Aug 2024 .. we had to book in Jan 2023 to get it .. I think we have 16 going 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

4 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

@ALo314 I have a trip plan for SV in Aug 2024 .. we had to book in Jan 2023 to get it .. I think we have 16 going 

Have you been before? My last time on property was back in Oct 2021. We got to tour the Lido. At that point, 6 holes had grass on them. I need to get back up there soon!!

image.png.5eefd8c128d4e8ec9012c8ba689631ed.png  M2 (2016) Driver image.png.b5c7f049cf0e193a7887b5f15b860842.png OG RBZ 3-Banger

Wedges change daily...

In Nashville, it is the Golf Club of Tennessee which is the best private course BUT I actually got to play it once so I will say Troubadour which is just south and you have to own a lot in the development ($1MM minimum) to join. One day I will get out there. Not even sure how great it is but man is it exclusive. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

7 minutes ago, vandyland said:

In Nashville, it is the Golf Club of Tennessee which is the best private course BUT I actually got to play it once so I will say Troubadour which is just south and you have to own a lot in the development ($1MM minimum) to join. One day I will get out there. Not even sure how great it is but man is it exclusive. 

Troubadour is awesome. The range has better grass than 95% of the courses I've played!

Wedges change daily...

30 minutes ago, ALo314 said:

Have you been before? My last time on property was back in Oct 2021. We got to tour the Lido. At that point, 6 holes had grass on them. I need to get back up there soon!!

I haven't I heard its great can't wait to go 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

48 minutes ago, ALo314 said:

The range has better grass than 95% of the courses I've played!

You are speaking my language. I LOVE a good range. I almost started a "Best Ranges you have ever practiced on" thread but felt crazy about doing that. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

3 hours ago, vandyland said:

You are speaking my language. I LOVE a good range. I almost started a "Best Ranges you have ever practiced on" thread but felt crazy about doing that. 

Not crazy at all and you absolutely should! For me, the driving range at TPC Treviso Bay in Naples, FL had ProV1’s and it felt like hitting off a lush carpet. At least, it was that way in 2012, no idea if it is still that way. Felt like a tour pro for a morning.

WITB:

4 hours ago, ALo314 said:

Hold up…what crew is this and how can I get on the tee sheet with them?!!!

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Hold up…what crew is this and how can I get on the tee sheet with them?!!!

Gimme Golf Studio!!! Obviously you found the YouTube page and saw the Wisconsin Captured series. 

I suggest you follow the instagram account for constant fire!!

We leave for Bandon 2 weeks for tomorrow to  capture the whole vibe that BD is!!

Wedges change daily...

12 hours ago, ALo314 said:

Gimme Golf Studio!!! Obviously you found the YouTube page and saw the Wisconsin Captured series. 

I suggest you follow the instagram account for constant fire!!

We leave for Bandon 2 weeks for tomorrow to  capture the whole vibe that BD is!!

Yessir! Love the series you guys did! Would love to be a guest with you guys someday! Haha 🤩

#LeftyGang

• 1 month later...

Local bucket list would be any of the big Philadelphia courses, Merion, Aronimink.  

Had a chance to play the Saucon Valley CC Old Course in an outing a few months after the last US Senior Open.  But nerves and the realization of where we were playing got in my head and I played like poop.  Which was so disappointing.  So that feels like unfinished business.  Would like a second chance at that course.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FW: 3HL Callaway Paradym

FW: 5 Callaway Mavrik

Hybird: Rogue ST 5

Irons: Paradym X 6-AW, UST Dart 75g

Wedges: Vokey TM9, 52F, 58S

Putter: Odessey OG 

Callaway Chromesoft or Titleist Tour Speed