Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Telehealth/Online Program

Does anybody use any online programs (fitness or coaching)? I have been wanting to put together a couple different program for golfers, including back pain, common weak areas, longevity, swing speed, etc. 

Looking for any desires or what would be the best look for forum members. To the forum moderators, is this something that could be a test? Just a thought. 

Dr. Walter Young IV, PT, DPT

32 minutes ago, Wmyoungiv said:

Does anybody use any online programs (fitness or coaching)? I have been wanting to put together a couple different program for golfers, including back pain, common weak areas, longevity, swing speed, etc. 

Looking for any desires or what would be the best look for forum members. To the forum moderators, is this something that could be a test? Just a thought. 

you should reach out to @GolfSpy_APHvia direct message to discuss.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

34 minutes ago, Wmyoungiv said:

Send me a PM and we can chat more about it!

Thanks @cnosil for tagging me.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 minutes ago, Wmyoungiv said:

Thanks! New to the forum here, so still figuring everything out. 

Welcome to the forum.   To answer your original question, no I don’t use any online fitness programs….I am lazy and don’t really use any fitness programs. 🤪

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Welcome to the forum.   To answer your original question, no I don’t use any online fitness programs….I am lazy and don’t really use any fitness programs. 🤪

As most golfers like to play instead of hit the range. What would you look for if you were to take on a program or a coach (body movement/strength/mindset) online?

2 hours ago, Wmyoungiv said:

I use Critical Bench and the BOSU/RMT Club fitness programs. They are not necessarily golf fitness programs, but both have several golf-specific exercises that you can do (and I basically do all of them). I also use Indian Clubs in conjunction with the Critical Bench program, and both the 4 lb and 6 lb RMT Clubs for the Weck Method (David Weck is the inventor of the RMT Clubs and BOSU Ball, both of which I use) golf-specific series.

Finally, I do a daily stretching routine that focuses on the hips, core and glutes, which was given to me by my physical therapist three years ago. It just happens that my physical therapist and his brother (a former MLB pitcher and multiple World Series winner) are scratch and plus-handicap golfers, in addition to having Masters Degrees in Physical Therapy.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

14 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I use Critical Bench and the BOSU/RMT Club fitness programs. They are not necessarily golf fitness programs, but both have several golf-specific exercises that you can do (and I basically do all of them). I also use Indian Clubs in conjunction with the Critical Bench program, and both the 4 lb and 6 lb RMT Clubs for the Weck Method (David Weck is the inventor of the RMT Clubs and BOSU Ball, both of which I use) golf-specific series.

Finally, I do a daily stretching routine that focuses on the hips, core and glutes, which was given to me by my physical therapist three years ago. It just happens that my physical therapist and his brother (a former MLB pitcher and multiple World Series winner) are scratch and plus-handicap golfers, in addition to having Masters Degrees in Physical Therapy.

That's great, thanks for the information. I am not familiar with the Critical Bench but will give it a look. Thanks again, sounds like you have a good physical therapy group for your needs. 

2 hours ago, Wmyoungiv said:

As most golfers like to play instead of hit the range. What would you look for if you were to take on a program or a coach (body movement/strength/mindset) online?

I will plead ignorance on the topic since I have no knowledge of what to even look for, how it would work, or what benefit it would provide. 

35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I will plead ignorance on the topic since I have no knowledge of what to even look for, how it would work, or what benefit it would provide. 

That is perfect and kind of what I am looking for. With a lot of my clients I have to discuss swing speed training versus standard strength training. There are a lot of things that swing speed training can do for a golfer, but if the base is not where it should be with strength and mobility then I think the golfer is missing out on consistency and distance from a base stand point. For example, a player that I see who doesn't have strength in his glutes and is tight in his lats, will be losing power due to shorten backswing and inability to use the lower half of their body correctly. 

If there was a program that was available for you. What would be the best fit for you in days per week and time?

4 hours ago, Wmyoungiv said:

That is perfect and kind of what I am looking for. With a lot of my clients I have to discuss swing speed training versus standard strength training. There are a lot of things that swing speed training can do for a golfer, but if the base is not where it should be with strength and mobility then I think the golfer is missing out on consistency and distance from a base stand point. For example, a player that I see who doesn't have strength in his glutes and is tight in his lats, will be losing power due to shorten backswing and inability to use the lower half of their body correctly. 

If there was a program that was available for you. What would be the best fit for you in days per week and time?

So here is my typical schedule:   

• M-F - Up at 6:30, at work at 7, 3:30 go to MGS most wanted testing (usually 3 days a week), get home about 5:30.   Dinner at 6, relax for a little while,  bed at 10ish. Friday is family dinner instead of most wanted testing
  • Sat - most of the day is open which no set plans
  • Sun - Golf day so the day is pretty much full. 

20 hours ago, cnosil said:

So here is my typical schedule:   

• M-F - Up at 6:30, at work at 7, 3:30 go to MGS most wanted testing (usually 3 days a week), get home about 5:30.   Dinner at 6, relax for a little while,  bed at 10ish. Friday is family dinner instead of most wanted testing
  • Sat - most of the day is open which no set plans
  • Sun - Golf day so the day is pretty much full. 

Well you are a busy man, so pretty much a shorter 30-45 min maybe 3 day a week program would be good for you? Gotta' join that 5 am club. 

Also what is the "most wanted testing"?

59 minutes ago, Wmyoungiv said:

Well you are a busy man, so pretty much a shorter 30-45 min maybe 3 day a week program would be good for you? Gotta' join that 5 am club. 

Also what is the "most wanted testing"?

Yep and I am not gonna join the 5 am club;  I like my sleep 🙂

I am one of the testers that MyGolfSpy uses to test golf clubs.   I live near their headquarters so from Dec to about September I am there testing after work.   

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yep and I am not gonna join the 5 am club;  I like my sleep 🙂

I am one of the testers that MyGolfSpy uses to test golf clubs.   I live near their headquarters so from Dec to about September I am there testing after work.   

Nice, that's a sweet deal, and I understand about the sleep, I have a 2 year old.