Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_BOS

Sorry everyone and especially sorry to all the readers between the newborn baby and moving to a bigger house and trying to get everything back in order haven't had a lot of free time let alone time to golf finally was able to go out and play 9 holes yesterday and it felt like I'm back to square one played terrible driving irons wedges putter it didn't matter so i cant make a great evaluation on the putter I'm going again on Monday and hopefully i remember how to play!

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

3 hours ago, Dcfrench3 said:

I appreciate your input on this.  When I upgrade I'm defintely going to go with the Odyssey 😁

DO IT!!!

Let us know how it performs when you get it!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 hours ago, Tbonia said:

I’ve been using a putter that I made that is very similar in shape to the AI . I love the feel of it, and it works well for me .

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

That’s awesome looking!  There is an entire thread on what you’ve built…sure there are a ton of people that would be interested in this!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

Sorry everyone and especially sorry to all the readers between the newborn baby and moving to a bigger house and trying to get everything back in order haven't had a lot of free time let alone time to golf finally was able to go out and play 9 holes yesterday and it felt like I'm back to square one played terrible driving irons wedges putter it didn't matter so i cant make a great evaluation on the putter I'm going again on Monday and hopefully i remember how to play!

Congrats on your new baby!
As my dad's friend use to say, “golf resembles a toilet seat – filled with its fair share of ups and downs.” 😂

Edited by Lefty11
Grammar

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

4 man scramble today, we shot a 53 (-18) (4 mulligans per team and 4 dog biscuits (toss doesn’t count as a shot)).

My driver abandoned me, irons/wedges were solid.  Putter had some very good moments but was a bit of a struggle today.  Had some trouble again with starting line…going to have to work on that some more.

Got rained on a bit but was still fun overall!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

TJ…

At least your irons and wedges were on point. It can be quite a challenge when everything else seems to go awry, making for a long day. Hopefully everything comes around for you!  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

6 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

TJ…

At least your irons and wedges were on point. It can be quite a challenge when everything else seems to go awry, making for a long day. Hopefully everything comes around for you!  

Thanks, appreciate it…I hope it comes around also!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 5/23/2024 at 2:12 PM, Blaine Dye said:

No need to be sorry, life happens then you reboot and move, take care of the new bundle of joy the wife and getting settled in the new home. The swing will be back sooner than later. Take care

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 5/23/2024 at 2:12 PM, Blaine Dye said:

Congratulations on the newborn and the bigger digs!  Life happens, and golf doesn't always fit into that all the time. Just know, golf will always be there for you when you need it to be, or want it to be!  

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone added more weight to their AI putters?  I’ve got a 15g in mine but debating on moving it up to 35g.  

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

7 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Has anyone added more weight to their AI putters?  I’ve got a 15g in mine but debating on moving it up to 35g.  

I've not changed mine from stock as it seemed to perform well as delivered.  That probably means I fit squarely in the meat of the bell curve Odyssey's design team developed.  I believe a couple of the other testers were looking into weight changes... they'll no doubt chime in on results. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 5/23/2024 at 2:53 PM, TJ Hall said:

That’s awesome looking!  There is an entire thread on what you’ve built…sure there are a ton of people that would be interested in this!

That's an awesome looking putter, even better it feels and performs good for you.

On 5/24/2024 at 5:24 PM, TJ Hall said:

4 man scramble today, we shot a 53 (-18) (4 mulligans per team and 4 dog biscuits (toss doesn’t count as a shot)).

My driver abandoned me, irons/wedges were solid.  Putter had some very good moments but was a bit of a struggle today.  Had some trouble again with starting line…going to have to work on that some more.

Got rained on a bit but was still fun overall!

Great score, did you win? 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I have not, I'm very comfortable with the weighting of mine. Lucille performs great!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I have 2 -15g weights stock on each side. I did buy aftermarket 10g and 20g weights to play around with the balance and impact feel awhile back. (Not all are same width, threaded the same, nor the same depths either, ie; scotty weights do not fit) so it was hit and miss from Temu which would work, and there wasn't a crossover reference chart like there is for say oil filters. 

Swapping out higher/lower weights at each side had some benefit, but ultimately I went back to stock weights.  As example, before I made changes to my putting swing,  I had a ton of toe swing through impact and follow through (which I think I discussed?). By adding a heavier weight at the heel (20g) and a lighter one at the toe (10g) I essentially  prevented the toe from swinging around,  but the trade off was on putts over 8' I was severely pulling them.

Once I was happy with my putting swing changes I stayed with stock.  

Hope this helps.

IMO, if you were to get a set of weights, go 5 or 10g heavier. Going lighter seemed to really disturb the "feel" in the putter swing for me.(unless you feel it's too heavy )

*** Just remembered you have a single weight in yours. 35g is alot of weight to add.  Maybe go 25g ?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

On 5/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, TJ Hall said:

I was gaming a Spider before this test and struggled with speed and starting line (had some good days but others where I felt lost).

The face of the Ai-ONE was softer which is what I prefer.

I recently tried the Spider again inside and quickly went back to the Ai-ONE.

IMG_4247.jpeg.13eaf3c691eda4cfc4bf462ccdaa1581.jpegIMG_4307.jpeg.dc0c12e9713a75f7a9b9527cc730725f.jpeg

I tried my old Odyssey divine line putter the other day on the new green, it felt ok but nothing like the AI (aka- Lucille) I'm more confident with the AI and don't see anything in the rearview mirror even coming close to rival it.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

@Lefty11. Try this before you buy weights. Get some flat stick on wheel weights (can get them almost anywhere)

Do not peel and stick them to your putter!! Stack and Weigh them out in increments of 5g, 10g, etc. Then use painters tape to mount them on top of the putter directly above the bottom weight. This will be the best way imo to test the differences before you go and buy specific weights.

Get some reps in on a range putting area to truly get the feel you are looking for. Bring the different stacks with you and add or remove until you are happy.  So if you add only 10g of weight then you know you need a 25g weight to replace the bottom one.

WITB-

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Good idea Rob!  I’ll get on that.  When I played baseball/hockey I liked my bats/sticks to feel heavier.  

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

@Lefty11. Try this before you buy weights. Get some flat stick on wheel weights (can get them almost anywhere)

Do not peel and stick them to your putter!! Stack and Weigh them out in increments of 5g, 10g, etc. Then use painters tape to mount them on top of the putter directly above the bottom weight. This will be the best way imo to test the differences before you go and buy specific weights.

Get some reps in on a range putting area to truly get the feel you are looking for. Bring the different stacks with you and add or remove until you are happy.  So if you add only 10g of weight then you know you need a 25g weight to replace the bottom one.

I always have the stick on wheel weights, my friend has a repair shop, I get them for nothing in all weights.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

I have 2 -15g weights stock on each side. I did buy aftermarket 10g and 20g weights to play around with the balance and impact feel awhile back. (Not all are same width, threaded the same, nor the same depths either, ie; scotty weights do not fit) so it was hit and miss from Temu which would work, and there wasn't a crossover reference chart like there is for say oil filters. 

Swapping out higher/lower weights at each side had some benefit, but ultimately I went back to stock weights.  As example, before I made changes to my putting swing,  I had a ton of toe swing through impact and follow through (which I think I discussed?). By adding a heavier weight at the heel (20g) and a lighter one at the toe (10g) I essentially  prevented the toe from swinging around,  but the trade off was on putts over 8' I was severely pulling them.

Once I was happy with my putting swing changes I stayed with stock.  

Hope this helps.

IMO, if you were to get a set of weights, go 5 or 10g heavier. Going lighter seemed to really disturb the "feel" in the putter swing for me.(unless you feel it's too heavy )

*** Just remembered you have a single weight in yours. 35g is alot of weight to add.  Maybe go 25g ?

If you have more weight in the toe it may cause a push to the right as the toe will drag behind with heavier weighting, just the opposite with the weights reversed.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

That's an awesome looking putter, even better it feels and performs good for you.

Great score, did you win? 

Nope, we were T8.  Winning score was 23 under.  We did leave a few shots out there…and I’ve played with the guys that won and they are honest, so I feel ok about it.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I have left mine with the stock weights and have no complaints with the feel.  Don’t have any plans on changing it.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

Nope, we were T8.  Winning score was 23 under.  We did leave a few shots out there…and I’ve played with the guys that won and they are honest, so I feel ok about it.

Cool Beans, 23 under is awesome.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

I tried my old Odyssey divine line putter the other day on the new green, it felt ok but nothing like the AI (aka- Lucille) I'm more confident with the AI and don't see anything in the rearview mirror even coming close to rival it.

I’m to the point where I would trade it my prior gamer if I purchase any other clubs.  The Ai-ONE has been that good!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 2/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, Rob Person said:

Squeaking in under the wire, but have a small update before I post my final review Monday. 

I found some generic 20G weights that fit the DB. Same width and thread pitch. Just a few mm taller. I need to try to find 5g weights too.

20240203_185914.jpg.0c9e6b1d4a4128f4d8600d9019e8a5e7.jpg

I can definitely tell you after playing around with them, swapping on the heel/ toe position,  and completely swapping them that there is a huge difference in the balance and stroke! Maybe I'll get some video next week, but these 20g Weights really get the ball rolling with less effort!

20240203_185420.jpg.b3f089adacbd57c20bacfdd4d1f3d52f.jpg20240203_185344.jpg.aa10ad4f866872fa2eadcb386d7a6eea.jpg

@Preeway. Not sure if this will help, as we have 2 different models. 

WITB-

Just now, Rob Person said:

@Preeway. Not sure if this will help, as we have 2 different models. 

I’m probably gonna have to just take mine out and look, lol. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

Rough day on the greens yesterday playing with the spies at Royal New Kent…38 putts!  UGH…by far my worst performance with the Ai-ONE.

It was fitting with the rest of the shots though, nothing seemed to work.  Was inconsistent all day overall and could never get a feel for the speed/breaks on the greens.

Plan to spend some time practicing inside tonight and give it a go again tomorrow at Kingsmill!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Rough day on the greens yesterday playing with the spies at Royal New Kent…38 putts!  UGH…by far my worst performance with the Ai-ONE.

It was fitting with the rest of the shots though, nothing seemed to work.  Was inconsistent all day overall and could never get a feel for the speed/breaks on the greens.

Plan to spend some time practicing inside tonight and give it a go again tomorrow at Kingsmill!

Let it be the "get it out of the way" round.  I'm sure you will bounce back!

WITB-

Posted (edited)

I had less putts today, 33 total, but that was also with only 2 greens hit.  Speed control was better today, but still couldn’t see some of the breaks and just never got comfort with the 3-5 footers.

Feel better over 20-30 footers than I do the short ones…got some more work to do.

Edited by TJ Hall

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter