Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

15 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Yes I concur about the compression.  I do like a ball that has a bot softer feel but when I first tried the Q-Star several years and I found a couple Z-Stars and thought they felt too hard.  Even though I’m older, I worked to increase my SS from around 88 to a verified 95 last year and the Z-Star felt really nice off the driver and irons.  I haven’t verified but think I’ve added a few more mph and I that I’d be comfortable with the Diamond.   And anything I can do to generate more ball speed is worth it to me.  

I would definitely suggest giving it a try. I am not the most sensitive to feel on the ball or maybe it just that I don’t care 🤣. I care about it doing what I want. But I would say the diamond has a softer sound and feel then others in the same compression range. They put a thicker cover on it which mutes the sounds especially on the shorter shots where you can notice it more. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

I use the Left Dash Prov1x. For my game, it is kind of opposite of the conventional thinking of work from green back, because when I am on from the tee box, I will score. The left dash with lower spin helps some bigger misses be acceptable misses. I also personally do not mind the spin from partial wedge shots and chips, it does not spin as much as Prov1x but I account for that. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX or Srixon ZX 2 Iron - ADDI 105X

Irons:  :titelist-small: T200/T100S Black 4-AW - MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.10S & 58.04T MMT 125TX (Soon to Test Toura Wedges with MMT 125TX)

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Finishing off the last 3 sleeves of my Maxfli Tour S then I don't know because they don't have the 48 pack in yellow anymore. I'd really prefer to stay with the yellow balls for visibility where I play, so I may have to change it up again.

WITB:

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 XStiff
3W: Ping G425 w/ Ping Tour 75S

7W: Callaway Epic Flash 21°
5i-PW: Srixon ZX5
48°: Cleveland CBX 2
52° & 56°: Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw
Putter: Mizuno M-Craft VI

For the past 2 years I’ve been loyal to TP5’s but gave in to all the talk about its older brother the TP5X. I’ve been using the x’s now for about 2 months and I’m not sure how I feel about them yet. I definitely have not been playing my best golf as of late but I’m not ready to blame the ball. 

They for sure have a very different feel to them that I am not used to. I’m probably in an adjustment period switching from softer balls that I’ve always loved the feel of. I have not noticed the extra distance that most others claim and it feel that I have lost some accuracy with my irons. I do feel better around the green but it also may just be me putting some extra work on that part of my game as of late. 

I still have 2 dozen TP5X balls in my bag but after those I do think I’m going to make the switch back unless something clicks in the next couple weeks. For me at least with softer balls they feel way more predictable and consistent. Curious what others think and if they tried the same thing and what they have noticed.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, OssiansFolly said:

Finishing off the last 3 sleeves of my Maxfli Tour S then I don't know because they don't have the 48 pack in yellow anymore. I'd really prefer to stay with the yellow balls for visibility where I play, so I may have to change it up again.

... Here is the good news for you. If you put 4 dozen Maxfli Tour S yellow in your cart, they are on sale for $109.96 and if you sign up for text's that drops the price to $93.46. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r
                  :cobra-small:    King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Here is the good news for you. If you put 4 dozen Maxfli Tour S yellow in your cart, they are on sale for $109.96 and if you sign up for text's that drops the price to $93.46. 

That is a huge tip! Just bought 4 dozen! Thanks!

WITB:

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 XStiff
3W: Ping G425 w/ Ping Tour 75S

7W: Callaway Epic Flash 21°
5i-PW: Srixon ZX5
48°: Cleveland CBX 2
52° & 56°: Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw
Putter: Mizuno M-Craft VI

On 6/13/2024 at 12:23 PM, Sam2 said:

AVX and new Snell 3 and 4

How are the new snell balls when it comes to durability? I really liked last years snell lineup until I hit a tree/cart path. Was really easy to scuff up at times.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.