Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, leichliter_jake said:

I am trying to find a tour level ball that doesn't break the bank. I am a student so I'm balling on a budget. I've been playing Bridgestone tour x ball and i love the feel and distance it gives me. I would love to find a cheaper option. Has anyone tried the Maxfli tour X ball? It looks to be a little cheaper than the Bridgestone ball just want to know if it also preforms close to if not better.

... My playing pard played #1 in high school and at 36 just qualified for the AZ State Am. He is insanely consistent. He had always played ProV1 X and I gave him a sleeve of the Maxfli Tour X. After 3 rounds he bought the 4 dozen Maxfli Tour X deal for $119 and says he can't tell the difference between them. Other than the price of course. Win-win. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... My playing pard played #1 in high school and at 36 just qualified for the AZ State Am. He is insanely consistent. He had always played ProV1 X and I gave him a sleeve of the Maxfli Tour X. After 3 rounds he bought the 4 dozen for $119 and says he can't tell the difference between them. Other than the price of course. Win-win. 

I'm probably an idiot for playing the Pro V1x at my age-diminished skill level, but I do like being able to order ball #79.    

It reminds me that maybe I can still pull it off once in a while.

16 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I'm probably an idiot for playing the Pro V1x at my age-diminished skill level, but I do like being able to order ball #79.    

It reminds me that maybe I can still pull it off once in a while.

... Well, since the MGS ball ratings always have ProV1's at the top year after year, you are far from an idiot. At least when it comes to your golf ball of choice. 😇

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

13 hours ago, leichliter_jake said:

I am trying to find a tour level ball that doesn't break the bank. I am a student so I'm balling on a budget. I've been playing Bridgestone tour x ball and i love the feel and distance it gives me. I would love to find a cheaper option. Has anyone tried the Maxfli tour X ball? It looks to be a little cheaper than the Bridgestone ball just want to know if it also preforms close to if not better.

I play the Maxfli Tour X.  Great ball and performs awesome. Can't beat the price either. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Right now, I am in between 3 balls. Being the indecisive person I am, playing just one will be a struggle, haha. 

Balls currently testing:

1. Maxfli Tour X - It has always been consistent for me whenever I play. My only gripe is the small, almost unnoticeable dip in the greenside spin. 

2. Bridgestone Tour B XS - I LOVE how much greenside spin this ball has. Even when using my 50*, I can get it checked. The only issue is the cover is not as soft/clean as I would like. 

3. Vice Pro Plus ('24)—This has been my Dark Horse for so far this year. I just tested it a little last week and loved it. I shot one of the best rounds I have ever had on the Front nine out here (I usually suffer on the front nine). It has wonderful distance and great greenside spin, and surprisingly, the cover lasts far longer than I thought it would! 

It will be difficult for me to pick just one this year. I will be playing in a Men's League Tournament this weekend and gaming the Vice for that, so we shall see how it does in a competitive setting. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Posted (edited)

Damn it.  Got a sleeve of free Pro V1x’s.  Played my round and it spun great, flew nicely and felt nice.  Used only one ball for the whole round.  Undamaged.  I still can’t justify changing from the cheaper Srixon Diamond, wish I had hated the Pro V1x.  My partner just laughed and said just suck it up and play the Titleist.  But I won’t.  Not this year! 😂

Edited by KC Golf

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

3 hours ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

Right now, I am in between 3 balls. Being the indecisive person I am, playing just one will be a struggle, haha. 

Balls currently testing:

1. Maxfli Tour X - It has always been consistent for me whenever I play. My only gripe is the small, almost unnoticeable dip in the greenside spin. 

Dunlop doesn't make the Maxfli anymore, right?

Going WAY back, I remember my uncle bringing me a box of 12 Dunlop golf balls from Bermuda.

They were only 1.62" in diameter, and each one was individually wrapped in blue cellophane as I recall.   It doesn't take too much to impress a young kid, I guess, but I thought that I was the cock-of-the-walk taking those balls out from my bag.

1 hour ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Dunlop doesn't make the Maxfli anymore, right?

Going WAY back, I remember my uncle bringing me a box of 12 Dunlop golf balls from Bermuda.

They were only 1.62" in diameter, and each one was individually wrapped in blue cellophane as I recall.   It doesn't take too much to impress a young kid, I guess, but I thought that I was the cock-of-the-walk taking those balls out from my bag.

You know, I am not sure who makes the balls. I found this Golf WRX forum link that says Foremost Golf makes them. I know nothing about the brand, but they make killer golf balls!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

LEFT DOT ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Left dot proV1? I've been trying to find them in Canada for almost a year and a half, "still not available" I'm told... dang it, do I need to go on a US holiday? haha

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

LEFT DOT ALL DAY EVERY DAY

It would be really nice if this was a normal option from Titleist... but it never will be.

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Left dot proV1? I've been trying to find them in Canada for almost a year and a half, "still not available" I'm told... dang it, do I need to go on a US holiday? haha

We don't have them down here either unless you want to spend $150 a dozen or more in the secondary market.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* turned down to 8* with Project X Small Batch Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" 70g 6.5tx

4 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5 Wood turned down to 16.5* with Oban Kiyoshi Black 85g X-stiff

Driving Iron/Hybrid: PXG 0317T with Fujikura Axiom 125x/Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei White 1k hybrid 100tx

Irons: PXG 0317 CB with Project X 6.5 hard stepped one club

Wedges: 50 Vokey SM6, 54 (bent to 55) Vokey SM10, 60 Vokey SM10 with KBS Tour Custom Wedge Shafts

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5 with LA Golf P Series Soho

Ball: Callaway Chrome Tour/Wilson Staff Model

1 minute ago, bigzb4412 said:

It would be really nice if this was a normal option from Titleist... but it never will be.

We don't have them down here either unless you want to spend $150 a dozen or more in the secondary market.

Ya kind of what I was afraid of haha. Dang it anyways! Love me the -ProV1X, but looking at specs, I think the left dot is just what the Dr ordered for my game

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Ya kind of what I was afraid of haha. Dang it anyways! Love me the -ProV1X, but looking at specs, I think the left dot is just what the Dr ordered for my game

It's the best. Keep it low and out of the wind, great action around the greens, super low spin with the driver... Can't really ask for much more in a ball.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* turned down to 8* with Project X Small Batch Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" 70g 6.5tx

4 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5 Wood turned down to 16.5* with Oban Kiyoshi Black 85g X-stiff

Driving Iron/Hybrid: PXG 0317T with Fujikura Axiom 125x/Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei White 1k hybrid 100tx

Irons: PXG 0317 CB with Project X 6.5 hard stepped one club

Wedges: 50 Vokey SM6, 54 (bent to 55) Vokey SM10, 60 Vokey SM10 with KBS Tour Custom Wedge Shafts

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5 with LA Golf P Series Soho

Ball: Callaway Chrome Tour/Wilson Staff Model

5 minutes ago, bigzb4412 said:

good thing i didnt lose a lot during my rounds......go to a golf pro near you...namely at a club and ask if they can order for you. Some clubs have the ability to order them for you

Golf is cool

6 hours ago, G-Ram said:

That might not be a bad idea, hey.

Frank musolino 

Has anyone tried the new Snell Prime line up? I really like the Snell balls of the past considering the good deals I’ve found for them.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Playing Snell MTB, have sample box sleeve of each of their new balls.

I find the original MTB plays much like a Pro V1.  I want to try the 4 piece ball and the 2 piece ball with urethane cover.  I am assuming the 3 piece ball will be similar to the MTB. As to the Get Sum, budget ball with isomer cover. I presume it is like most 2 piece Surlin Balls.

I played the Titleist Professional until Pro V 1 came out.  That has been my main ball until the prices got so high.

Many years ago the Bridgestone Precept was not a bargain or low priced ball. I actually preferred them to any other ball, but as I recall I had to drive to Covington or wherever Bridgestone was located to buy them. For some reason my Pro Shop didn’t carry them and this was pre big box stores. I don’t think Edwin Watts carried the either.

56 minutes ago, Dave Bishop said:

Playing Snell MTB, have sample box sleeve of each of their new balls.

I find the original MTB plays much like a Pro V1.  I want to try the 4 piece ball and the 2 piece ball with urethane cover.  I am assuming the 3 piece ball will be similar to the MTB. As to the Get Sum, budget ball with isomer cover. I presume it is like most 2 piece Surlin Balls.

I played the Titleist Professional until Pro V 1 came out.  That has been my main ball until the prices got so high.

Many years ago the Bridgestone Precept was not a bargain or low priced ball. I actually preferred them to any other ball, but as I recall I had to drive to Covington or wherever Bridgestone was located to buy them. For some reason my Pro Shop didn’t carry them and this was pre big box stores. I don’t think Edwin Watts carried the either.

I miss the old school Precept EV's and Titleist professional from my high school days. The EV's were my favorite, occasionally I'll find one on the course in the woods. I've been a fan of the new Tour B RX, and the Maxfli Tour as those fly and feel real similar but at a better price point.

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

So I went out and did a quick versus on a couple balls I haven't tried yet just to see how they perform. I'm currently fitted into a Tour B RX, and compared to a left dash, new Chrome tour X, and Srixon Z star diamond. I was able to swing 4 very consistent swings. Granted, I only used 1 ball each due to time constraint, but the left dash smoked the other 3 by about 6-8yds!!!! The Bridgestone, Chrome Tour, and Srixon were within a yard circle which was excellent dispersion with the Tour B being further of those 3. I wish the left dash weren't pricey, I'd exclusively play them as they've performed the best, but I can usually get the Tour B on sale locally at a decent enough price. That's it for now.20240522_122923.jpg.46351bfd26f5fa7698c436b0bd1c89c2.jpg

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

7 hours ago, injectedcutty said:

So I went out and did a quick versus on a couple balls I haven't tried yet just to see how they perform. I'm currently fitted into a Tour B RX, and compared to a left dash, new Chrome tour X, and Srixon Z star diamond. I was able to swing 4 very consistent swings. Granted, I only used 1 ball each due to time constraint, but the left dash smoked the other 3 by about 6-8yds!!!! The Bridgestone, Chrome Tour, and Srixon were within a yard circle which was excellent dispersion with the Tour B being further of those 3. I wish the left dash weren't pricey, I'd exclusively play them as they've performed the best, but I can usually get the Tour B on sale locally at a decent enough price. That's it for now.20240522_122923.jpg.46351bfd26f5fa7698c436b0bd1c89c2.jpg

Would love this same test but Chrome Tour instead of X and Z-Star XV instead of Diamond. I'm wondering if the lower spin of the Left Dash helped it to run out a bit more and/or give you a more optimal driver spin number?

As an aside, I so badly wanted to like the XVs and they're excellent off driver, but for whatever reason I am 1/2-full club shorter on irons. 😕 (And cannot play Diamonds at all. Entirely too much spin.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I have been playing the Vice Pro for about a year.  It is supposed to be similar to the Pro V1.  I have played the Titleist ball and the Vice is not as good, but for the money it is close enough.  If you shop for a deal and buy multiple boxes on the Vice web store, you can save a lot of money.  I am also testing the Piper Blue.  The Piper Black was recommended to me, but they were sold out online, so I went with the Blue.  It has a harder feel than the Vice Pro but performs well.