Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's Your Go To Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

On 2/29/2024 at 12:57 PM, Don Wagner said:

I’ve never used a Scotty Cameron putter largely because of the price. What does everyone think about their Scotty Cameron putter? What do you think as compared to other putters you have used?

I studied my strokes.  About 8 yrs ago I went to cross handed, face balanced, with straight back and forth, no (or minimal) arc.  No swinging screen door.  I got a Scotty from around 2015, a Futura X, with 15 gram weights on the wing tips.  I put on a slightly larger grip.  I liked it but I missed too many short ones.  I was twisting my hands at impact.  I put a fat grip on a cheap face balanced Kmart fang type, and it was better due to the fat grip.  Now I concentrate on how hard I grip the club with the right, high, hand, to eliminate twisting.    Scotty and other expensive putters are only as good as the size and shape of the grip you put on it, and how well you stop hinging or twisting your hands.  Try gripping the club tighter, or looser, try different grips.  There are 10 brands that all make good equipment.  One senior citizen here around 75 yrs old putts lights out crazy good, an old ordinary putter, 10 or 15 yrs old.  He knows the greens well but he has built in his putt stroke so well the bell never goes astray.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

On 3/1/2024 at 7:41 AM, V Doz said:

I’ve used a blade with a lot of toe hang for years. Switch to a high-MOI face-balanced mallet this year and started making putts.  

try cross handed now.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

To add to the Ansers...

IMG_3192.jpg.b1f07bdd638c38e05c19a80132af549b.jpgIMG_3193.jpg.6494ee7ac929a148cabf6d5ff3e2c14d.jpgIMG_3194.jpg.6247d999c116489528706c9c1db643d6.jpgIMG_3195.jpg.684a293fb9bfb903131e9e095bf4ddeb.jpg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

On 2/9/2024 at 3:01 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Being inspired by the LAB Club champion video going through the series of putters I would love to hear what everyone's go to putter is!

Share a photo if you can! How many putters do you have? Is it always one that stays in the bag or do you switch around? 

I currently own 3 putters - Carbite Golf DD, Sub70 002 Mid-Mallet, and LAB Golf DF2.1.

I played the Carbite for 20 years after buying it in the summer of 2000. It has been a great putter for me for a very long time.

I tried a TM Spyder Tour (J-Day version) for a season and hated it. So that was sold rather quickly. I went back to the Carbite for another season before picking up a slightly used Sub70 002. It's basically the same exact shape as my Carbite, which is why I liked it and bought it. It's all black though, and fully milled compared to my Carbite. The only thing with the Sub70 is I wish it had weights to adjust. But that's a small thing.

The DF2.1 is a new acquisition after all the MGS testing stuff as well as it's success on tour the last year. I got it on sale and through the outlet, so it was a great deal and worth the test.

Carbite_Bottom.jpg.543dd2f4951e863395ffe5f3073e9720.jpg

Carbite_Top.jpg.571d06388b4a819c053eacba831afdf4.jpg

Carbite_Face.jpg.0d5bd0ae635fbf6cc4c2cff66f1addbc.jpg

Carbite_Sub70_Putters.jpg.c71d93e94e6ee4a634957be946b26540.jpg

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Some seriously nice putters in here!!! Some people collect sports cards and some collect antiques but iam a certified putter junkie and own a bunch of them, watches is my other item i have too many of!! Here is my gamer though currently  Scotty Cameron Tour Only GSS Super Rat 350g with blacked out graphite shaft by Mitsubishi Rayon with mid size black n gold Matador grip!!!!!  I do have a couple off the rack Scottys I can part with if anyone is ever in need/want 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240308_155156_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_154447_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_154502_Gallery.jpg

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

25 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Some seriously nice putters in here!!! Some people collect sports cards and some collect antiques but iam a certified putter junkie and own a bunch of them, watches is my other item i have too many of!! Here is my gamer though currently  Scotty Cameron Tour Only GSS Super Rat 350g with blacked out graphite shaft by Mitsubishi Rayon with mid size black n gold Matador grip!!!!!  I do have a couple off the rack Scottys I can part with if anyone is ever in need/want 🤣🤣

That putter is something…wow, it is pretty!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

6 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

That putter is something…wow, it is pretty!

Yeah man when I saw it I knew it was all over 🤣🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

32 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

That is insanely gorgeous!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Yeah man when I saw it I knew it was all over 🤣🤣

Yeah, I don’t blame you one bit!

I golf left handed and I might have bought it if I saw it.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

Yeah, I don’t blame you one bit!

I golf left handed and I might have bought it if I saw it.

Appreciate that TJ I will have you know I had a mouthful of bourbon on the rocks and half of it just came out of my nose I laughed so hard at that comment!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

36 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Appreciate that TJ I will have you know I had a mouthful of bourbon on the rocks and half of it just came out of my nose I laughed so hard at that comment!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry about that…hate to waste some bourbon and I know how much that burns!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

Sorry about that…hate to waste some bourbon and I know how much that burns!

Aah no biggie I was just in some Makers, had it been some of my topshelf well thats a different story and yes it burns 🤣🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

Great question. I do believe putters are the most personal clubs in the bag. I play with buddies that putt great with $50 putters and others that cannot find the hole with a $500 piece of equipment. And everything in between.

I have tried the Lab Mezz.1 and does feel sweet.

Anyway, I currently game a Bettinardi BB 56. I also have a Seemore Model T nipping at its heels.

I do have a rule - I will sell or trade irons and drivers in a second. I never get rid of a putter. You never know when that old friend may earn it’s way back in the bag.

Current bag is PXG 0311 Gen5 Diver and 3 Wood, Ping 425 3 hybrid, PXG 0211 4-SW, Ping glide lob wedge with the eye grind, and Bettinardi mallet putter.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:55 PM, Kbek said:

Great question. I do believe putters are the most personal clubs in the bag. I play with buddies that putt great with $50 putters and others that cannot find the hole with a $500 piece of equipment. And everything in between.

I have tried the Lab Mezz.1 and does feel sweet.

Anyway, I currently game a Bettinardi BB 56. I also have a Seemore Model T nipping at its heels.

I do have a rule - I will sell or trade irons and drivers in a second. I never get rid of a putter. You never know when that old friend may earn it’s way back in the bag.

I have several I would never sell but when I come across good deals I like to grab them so I can pass them on and that's why I don't have them for long!! I have a Toulon and Two Scottys I'm selling right now that are in that league.

Edited by Marlin Dave
Not parting with them and this is the wrong place for it

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

14 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

I have several I would never sell but when I come across good deals I like to grab them so I can pass them on and that's why I don't have them for long!! I have a Toulon and Two Scottys I'm selling right now that are in that league.

20240308_173750.jpg

20240308_173216.jpg

Ok…you just have a collection of amazing putters!  What other jewels do you have hiding over there???

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

12 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Ok…you just have a collection of amazing putters!  What other jewels do you have hiding over there???

Putters and watches are my addiction usually have a few clubs laying  around as well that I find at garage sales or flea market. I have a couple Cobra LTD driver and 3-4 wood and some shafts I think Oban Matrix and Fuji Speeder Evolution. This and that 🤣🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

40 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Putters and watches are my addiction usually have a few clubs laying  around as well that I find at garage sales or flea market. I have a couple Cobra LTD driver and 3-4 wood and some shafts I think Oban Matrix and Fuji Speeder Evolution. This and that 🤣🤣

If your putters are any indication, I’m would guess the watches are quite nice!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

BIG PUTTER UPDATE!! The past 5-6 months have been a nightmare on the greens. I do not 3 putt often but I also do not 1 putt often. My biggest issue is holding a line. My feel has been all over with my O-Works blade. I recently just acquired a Scotty Cameron Del Mar. I can't get behind the feeling of a center shafted putter due to the robotic back and forth feel of the motion. I decided to get a heel shafted putter a chance after rolling my buddies on the course. 

First thoughts, this thing has changed how I think about putts. A lot less of my feel is based on start line but simply clean contact. My setup has moved slightly backwards from off the heel to just off center. I can consistently get the ball to start in the direction I intend now!!! 

With the above being said I see a struggle with long/lag putting. I find it harder to judge power in the heel shafted putter with the amount of torque generated on the head. Hopefully a couple long practice sessions can help alleviate that thought. I will update here. 

For any of those going through putter controversies, commit to the change! I am rebuilding with my go to putting drills and it has made me incredibly more repetitive in just a weeks time. 

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

Currently using a Scotty newport 2 plus. That classic look with the little extra mass and forgiveness has really made my 6 foot and in putts so much more reliable. I also use a Odyssey 2 ball triple track occasionally when the greens at my club get a little on the slower side. This will be my first full season with the scotty, so looking forward to see how it performs in competition

Driver:   Callaway Rogue ST Max 9* w/ Tensei White Xstiff Shaft

Wood:     Cobra F9 3 wood 15.5* w/ Tensei White Stiff Shaft

Irons:    Ping I210 Irons 5-PW

Cobra Utility 3-4 iron

Wedge:  Cleveland RTX4 50*

Callaway MD5 Jaws 54*

Callaway MD5 Jaws full face 58*

Putter:   Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Plus

Balls:     Callaway Chromesoft X / Bridgestone Tour B XS

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball Fang, 33 inch. 

Are there MUCH prettier putters out there? YES (PXG Blackjack and Toulon Atlanta; I'm looking at you!) but I cannot move away from having those 3 balls lined up at address, just sits so well and makes so much sense in my head. 

Might...MIGHT look at the the AI One 2-ball if it didn't have the lines in the middle of the alignment balls. I cannot imagine ever using a blade putter. 

Bag full of mostly PING, apart from Cleveland CBX wedges..I need all the help I can get! 

On 3/12/2024 at 10:25 AM, jazz15c said:

Are there MUCH prettier putters out there? YES (PXG Blackjack and Toulon Atlanta; I'm looking at you!) but I cannot move away from having those 3 balls lined up at address, just sits so well and makes so much sense in my head. 

Might...MIGHT look at the the AI One 2-ball if it didn't have the lines in the middle of the alignment balls. I cannot imagine ever using a blade putter. 

The consistency of the Ai-ONE for me was incredible…I tested the 7s and have been truly impressed with it.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 3/12/2024 at 10:25 AM, jazz15c said:

That has been a VERY successful design and the alignment is the reason!! If it's not broken, buy twelve of them 🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:50 AM, CorporateGolfRat said:

BIG PUTTER UPDATE!! The past 5-6 months have been a nightmare on the greens. I do not 3 putt often but I also do not 1 putt often. My biggest issue is holding a line. My feel has been all over with my O-Works blade. I recently just acquired a Scotty Cameron Del Mar. I can't get behind the feeling of a center shafted putter due to the robotic back and forth feel of the motion. I decided to get a heel shafted putter a chance after rolling my buddies on the course. 

First thoughts, this thing has changed how I think about putts. A lot less of my feel is based on start line but simply clean contact. My setup has moved slightly backwards from off the heel to just off center. I can consistently get the ball to start in the direction I intend now!!! 

With the above being said I see a struggle with long/lag putting. I find it harder to judge power in the heel shafted putter with the amount of torque generated on the head. Hopefully a couple long practice sessions can help alleviate that thought. I will update here. 

For any of those going through putter controversies, commit to the change! I am rebuilding with my go to putting drills and it has made me incredibly more repetitive in just a weeks time. 

Edit/Update here. My putting has been cured. I had 28 putts this weekend and scored alot! went 73 for my season low. Looking forward to having this in the bag and having the confidence that I have been wanting for a long time now. 

Make that switch that you have been waiting for! You never know what can happen. 

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

Always seem to have my best putting days with a spider. Currently on the Tour proto milled spider.

418597294_311741421583202_4843699326864951097_n.jpg

Taylor Made Qi10 LS - 8* set to 6* - Ventus TR black 7x

Taylor Made Qi10 Tour 3 wood - Ventus TR black 8x

Callaway Apex UT 2024 18* - Ventus black HB10TX

Callaway Apex pro 2024 - Project X LS 6.5 4-PW

Callaway Jaws Raw - 50, 54, 58 - project X LS 6.5

Odyssey Jailbird 380 

Evnroll ER-6 Red made for me by Guerin Rife a few years back, say 2018.

IMG_2774.jpeg

Edited by fozcycle

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have been using my LAB DF2.1 for over a year and it just goes in.  I want to change putters because I don't like the look of the DF2.1 but every time I try something else I don't putt as well.  I have some other putters that I enjoy putting with but they just aren't as good or consistent as the LAB. Now that the DF3 is out I may look into upgrading to that or maybe the MEZZ.

Driver      PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png      G400 Max 10.5 - Project X Even Flow Riptide CB 70g 6.5 Extra Stiff
Fairway  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4W         949X - Project X Mid Launch 6.0 Stiff
Hybrid     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    3H         G Hybrid - Alta 70 Stiff
Irons     Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4U         699 Pro Utility - Project X 6.0 Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png              5-PW    639CB Forged Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
Wedges  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            AW       50 JB Forged Wedge Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                              Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            SW       54 TAIII 54LB - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png                 LW       60 JB Forged Satin Wedge - Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Steel
Putter    368532612_LABGolf.jpg.e21b53ae4c47d5f3cfc2622cc66b2f4e.jpg              L.A.B     DF2.1
Ball        BridgestoneBlackLogo-SmallCropped.jpg.72110691d0627f2c80b847b41fec7f06.jpg             Bridgestone Tour B XS or Tour B X
Bag     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    2022 Hoofer Lite in Grey
Shoes   SqairzLogo.jpg.b72c9f55f7b63f0f5f6b531422f8e6ab.jpg  Speed Bold in Black
Glove   RedRoosterLogo.png.8ab7e5022e0052c04f2a8a208b191ceb.png

Simple and reliable 

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I like to experiment and play around. I currently have 5 putters but only 3 get use. I have an old 8802 and a acushnet bullseye that I only use for practice at home since they have little forgiveness. 

My current gamer is a Cobra Agera Armlock. Just got it but have always liked playing around with them. Excited to see it on the greens but at home it’s money on my practice green.

My second in line is a Bettinardi Studio Stock #2. I got a good deal on it and love the feel, just not sure the blade style agrees with me. After using it for 10 rounds and a lot of practice I still struggle with the line but speed control is good. 

I also have a Zebra AIT3 that’s on time out. I was a tester for it last year and really got along well with it. But then this year I had 3 of the worst rounds I’ve had since I started tracking putts and it’s on the back burner for now. 

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on)