Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cobra Aerojet Fairway woods (3 wood & 5 Wood)

Hey Golf Spy Equipment Gurus, 

Thought I would reach out and get everyone's thoughts on who has gamed the Aerojet Fairway woods over the last year and why you would recommend them. I have had an opportunity come up to where I could get the 3 & 5 wood for a steal with a custom shaft. 

I love the TSR3, but at the same time it has its issues for me, namely the amount of work it takes for me to get it off the ground. The thing is perfect as a tee ball bomber but I want to be more strategic with my woods instead of just tee shot clubs. I would love to see a club that goes a little higher and maybe even spins a bit more so it stays in the air a bit more. I have heard very good things about the standard Aerojet and thought I would reach out to here Pros, and Cons. 

Potential Specs: 

• 3 Wood - 15* with Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7 - X Stiff
  • 5 Wood - 18* with Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 8 - X Stiff

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

32 minutes ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

Hey Golf Spy Equipment Gurus, 

Thought I would reach out and get everyone's thoughts on who has gamed the Aerojet Fairway woods over the last year and why you would recommend them. I have had an opportunity come up to where I could get the 3 & 5 wood for a steal with a custom shaft. 

I love the TSR3, but at the same time it has its issues for me, namely the amount of work it takes for me to get it off the ground. The thing is perfect as a tee ball bomber but I want to be more strategic with my woods instead of just tee shot clubs. I would love to see a club that goes a little higher and maybe even spins a bit more so it stays in the air a bit more. I have heard very good things about the standard Aerojet and thought I would reach out to here Pros, and Cons. 

Potential Specs: 

• 3 Wood - 15* with Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7 - X Stiff
  • 5 Wood - 18* with Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 8 - X Stiff

... Sweet combo's you are looking at! 😍 I was the only one in the Cobra challenge that ordered the regular Aerojet fairway woods, not the Max. I honestly have no Cons. I ordered the 5 and 7 wood since I had never owned a 7 wood and wanted to see if it would be a good addition to my bag. I liked them both so much I bought an Aerojet 3 wood. I can't say anymore than they are as long or longer than any fairway wood I have played, silly forgiving for a smaller head and sound/feel great. I have not hit them on a LM so can't comment on spin technically, but they launch high and don't balloon for me. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Way to perk me up! Love every second of the cobra clubs and what they are doing! There is potential room in my back one of these days if I’m so lucky to test out some cobra ! Just highly underrated in my opinion 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Sweet combo's you are looking at! 😍 I was the only one in the Cobra challenge that ordered the regular Aerojet fairway woods, not the Max. I honestly have no Cons. I ordered the 5 and 7 wood since I had never owned a 7 wood and wanted to see if it would be a good addition to my bag. I liked them both so much I bought an Aerojet 3 wood. I can't say anymore than they are as long or longer than any fairway wood I have played, silly forgiving for a smaller head and sound/feel great. I have not hit them on a LM so can't comment on spin technically, but they launch high and don't balloon for me. 

I love hearing it!! I have heard only great things as well! Yeah, I love the IZ shaft so much as it is in my TM QI 10 right now and I'm hitting the most consistent bombs I have ever hit. I feel like Cobra Woods are so incredibly underrated. Thank you for your thoughts and insight. I love that you have no cons as well that is encouraging!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I game both 3 wood and 5 wood(lofted up 1 degree) both with Hzrdus blue RDX x stiff. I love them both, honestly they’re both rocket launchers, and I rarely hit my 3 wood off the deck due to the 5 wood being so long.  That could be a pro or a con depending on your bag setup. But they both are easy to hit , and can be set up differently depending on what you need. Distance and spin and ball speed are very consistent for me with both woods: I imagine they’ll be in my bag for quite some time.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV