Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is your driver for 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

It may not be the longest but I am sticking with my Ping G430 SFT with stock CB Alta R shaft. Took me years to find a driver I have complete confidence in and not about to change.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Well went a diffrent route this year. Struggle with driver but hit 3 wood excellently so went inbetween. 11.5 degree taylormade brnr mini driver. Love it so far. Put the heavy weight to the front set it down to 9.5 degrees and it is a monster of a driver in a little package and stingers off the fairway that carry 240 is also nice.

PXG gen6 with riptide cb 60 s flex. Fitted last season. 

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

I just had a driver/3 wood fitting at a local course by a Callaway rep. My swing speed was between 93-96 that day. Here's his recommendations that I think I'm going with....

Driver: Smoke Triple Diamond with a Ventus AV Blue 65 stiff flex. He really like the low side spin numbers.

3 wood: Smoke Max D with a Cypher 50 regular flex.

Can't get much more polar opposite than those two setups, huh? 20240316_123514.jpg.e80a243c83e57d5bf118bcc3a001c25f.jpg

Edited by "Mr. 72"
Added pic

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

The Ping G430 Max 10K with the Ventus TR Red Velocore .  Been testing and playing it since release, so well before MGS named the 10K its driver of the year for 2024.  I must agree on how forgiving and long hitting this driver is.

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

Edited by goldenhawk

I am still using the Callaway Rogue ST. This past Friday I did bomb the drive of my life. A 347-yard drive down the middle. I hit into the group ahead of us, not thinking I was going to drive it down there that far. Had 48 yards to the green. 

I was thinking about the AI Smoke, but on ebay the price is still a bit high. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

The $600 or so is staying in my pocket for the foreseeable future. 

:titleist-small: TSR2 driver 10

:cobra-small:Cobra ltd fairways 3 and 7

:cobra-small:Cobra forged tec irons 5-P

:callaway-small:Callaway wedges 54 and 58

:taylormade-small:TaylorMade del monte 7 face balanced putter

Still in my bag, Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR shaft.  Have not found one that can compare.  Maybe three yards more, but love the consistency and the workability.  When your fitter gets the combination right, it is right.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Callaway Rogue ST Max with Fujikura Ventus 5S:  I got it last year when I bought new clubs for the first time in two decades. I hit it anywhere from 230 to 250 with an 80% fairway rate and the other 20% is pretty evenly distributed in the short rough on both sides. Very forgiving. I would say it is the single biggest reason my handicap went from 10 to 6 last fall. 

Edited by archship

Driver, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6I - 9I, PW, AW:  Callaway Rogue ST Max

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Satin Low, 54* Black High, 50* Raw Mid

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7S 

Balls:  Pro-V1 from March - October

Supersoft from November - February

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart circa 2004

Well went a diffrent route this year. Struggle with driver but hit 3 wood excellently so went inbetween. 11.5 degree taylormade brnr mini driver. Love it so far. Put the heavy weight to the front set it down to 9.5 degrees and it is a monster of a driver in a little package and stingers off the fairway that carry 240 is also nice.

This is what I need. Cant wait to get mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220

Fairway Woods: PXG 0311 XF 7 wood

Irons: Takomo 101 KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges: 50 Sub70 TAIII, 56 | 10 Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12

Golf ball: MaxFli Tour S, Seed SD-02

I play with the Ping G425, and couldn’t love it more. I was an old school guy until I found this one. Being able to move the weight to adjust balance is worth every penny. I found a forum thread(not this one) that suggested taking two 13g weights (which equals the 26g weight it comes with) and attach them on each end of the adjustment spots. They stated it would hit solid and with a little more forgiveness, and they could not have been more correct. 

I love my G425 so much I am going to add the fairway drivers soon. The technology is great and price point is right on for even the budget based golfer. 

I am a golfer that is getting back into the game. With luck I will get to update my lower handicap. 

5 minutes ago, Abramos said:

This is what I need. Cant wait to get mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i tried the 13.5 and the 11.5. The 13.5 wasnt much more than a strong 3 wood replacement. With the shorter shaft it is a fairway finder and still decently long in the right setup. Let me know what you think when you get yours. Hitem straight my friend.

So, in the bag is Taylormade Stealth 2 - Ventus Black shaft which I love / was fitted for. However, having also tested the the Mizuno driver - it left me speechless to how good it was - just couldn’t justify the cost so was quickly handed back to the fitter… 😜 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

The Callaway Edge 10.5 that's currently in the bag is on notice.  I keep stalking the local Costco for the Kirkland Signature drivers to show up and . . .  they keep still not showing up.

I've been eyeing the MGS best driver lists from years past to see what might have come down in price.

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

On 3/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I want to know what driver is going to be in your bag (or the longest intended driver) for 2024?

Is it old faithful from years past? Did you just pick up a new one that is going to be your gamer?

Let's hear it! --- even better show us what driver is in your bag!?

I'm going to ride with the Callaway Rogue ST Max. Old faithful. I am planning to try the AI Smoke, but the Rogue has treated me well. 🙂

TigerPill

Driver :   image.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max 10.5 Degrees

3 Wood/5 woodimage.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max

19 Degree Hybrid:image.png.5d38f343d0caf1092558753dc83992bd.png G425 

5-LW:   image.png.ddef8ede1026d2294f93865dffbbdf18.png  ZX5, Recoil 760/F3, GW, SW, LW - Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putterimage.png.84b4d7270ae3f7c5fdd6efd713fa767d.png  Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

I'm likely going to stay with my Taylormade Stealth Plus for this year.  I keep in the fairway, I know the length of my shot at 75% and 90%.  It would be tough to compromise with missed fairways.

Taylormade Stealth plus Driver,

Taylormade M3 3-wood

Mizuno 223 Irons 4-PW

Cleveland CBX Wedges

Ping Scottsdale Putter

Old faithful Ping 410. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Still happy with my Callaway Epic GBB, it's my first and current driver. I've been playing with different shafts these years.

Having said that, I'm still in the hunt for a new driver.

I love the Taylormade M6 family (got hybrid and 3w), but I need to adjust my driver from time to time due to the work that I'm doing to my swing, so M5 could be an option.

I've tested the TM Qi10 drivers and I didn't really see any significant improvements apart from feeling the heads look too big at address (apparently this is common for people playing Callaway drivers). They are forgiving, but I ended up being more inconsistent in my strikes.

Next week I'll get my hands on the Ping 430 drivers, I've heard a lot of good things about them (including the improved sound)

Would love to try the new Paradym drivers soon...

Wish me luck

• Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
  • 58 wedge (56 bended to 58) Ben Hogan Imperial
  • 52 wedge Takomo Skyforger
  • P-4 Takomo 101
  • 4 Hybrid Taylormade M6
  • 3 Wood Taylormade M6
  • Driver Callaway Epic GBB
  • Ball Taylormade TP5X

Old-ish faithful for me. I was fitted for the Tour Ad IZ-6 shaft a few Callaway models ago and have just been updating the heads as they are released. Thus far the Rogue ST Max has not only been the most forgiving and consistent, but also the longest. I may try and snag a AI Smoke max head at some point but only if I can find it at a good enough deal. Otherwise, The Rogue ST Max stays in the bag for 2024. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Still gaming the Callaway Mavrik 10.5 degree. Reliable, long (enough), and given the state of my game, I'd be better off working on getting more consistent contact than I would investing $600 on a new piece of kit. 

Oh, and short game. Gotta work on my short game.

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi C6 Red S

Fairway: :tour-edge: Tour Edge C721 16.5 w/ Fuji Ventus Red 4T Core 60 S

Hybrids/DIs: :callaway-small: 3 Epic Flash w/ Fuji Speeder Evolution SR and :ping-small: 4 Ping G Crossover w/ Ping Alta 70 R

Irons: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex 21 5-AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber FC90 R

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 w/ TT DG 115

Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Black V-Line

Other: Garmin S70 Approach

Went to try out some drivers because I just love trying the new stuff. Had the TSR2 with ventus shaft previous to the fitting and didnt plan on getting anything new. After trying most of the major brands’ new driver, the fittter handed me the Ping 430 LST…smh. It was going 25-30 yards longer and way better dispersion than any other new club and my current TSR2. Sooooooo, I will be gaming the Ping 430 LST with the VA composites SYNYSTR shaft this season!! Love it so far!!!

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1087.jpeg

Edited by Sherlock

"Stay in the short grass"

I had every intent of getting a new driver or at least a new shaft this year. I am hitting the 1st Gen TM Stealth with a Mitsubishi Liquid Shaft and an all black head. I took it down to a fitter and had him go through shafts, drivers heads, all kinds of launch changes and nothing was any better for me than the combo I have. He said he wished he could sell me a new driver, but it wouldn’t be worth it. 

38 minutes ago, Bortery said:

I play with the Ping G425, and couldn’t love it more. I was an old school guy until I found this one. Being able to move the weight to adjust balance is worth every penny. I found a forum thread(not this one) that suggested taking two 13g weights (which equals the 26g weight it comes with) and attach them on each end of the adjustment spots. They stated it would hit solid and with a little more forgiveness, and they could not have been more correct. 

I love my G425 so much I am going to add the fairway drivers soon. The technology is great and price point is right on for even the budget based golfer. 

THIS! PING G425 Max 12* with 30g weight neutral setting on a ALTA CB Black 55g stiff shaft STD length

Bought it midway thru 2023 and have enjoyed it ever since. I did buy some extra weights to play around with the settings and customize it to fit me better. Haven't tried the 2 weight thing but didn't think it would fit either?

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*