Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sunglasses that stay on the face while golfing

Hello, Familia, Hope everyone is doing well. For years, if I ever played golf on back-to-back days I would get a terrible migraine. I mean absolutely debilitating migraine. It turns out that it was the contact lenses, which I only wore to play golf. Needless to say, I am forced to wear prescription glasses. I have been playing with my glasses which have been great, but my health insurance has now approved prescribed sunglasses. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a type or brand that has proven to stay in place during the golf swing? Any and all help is much appreciated. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I’ve started wearing sunglasses more frequently during play and found that Maui Jim stay put quite well.

They’re eligible for prescription so I’d offer that as a recommendation.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’ve started wearing sunglasses more frequently during play and found that Maui Jim stay put quite well.

They’re eligible for prescription so I’d offer that as a recommendation.  

I will definitely look them up, thanks a million!

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

If you want a sportier look, check out the Oakley Flak 2.0. If you want something a little more casual, look at the Holbrook Mix frames. The Mix are my go-to glasses on and off the course.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

7 minutes ago, TSauer said:

If you want a sportier look, check out the Oakley Flak 2.0. If you want something a little more casual, look at the Holbrook Mix frames. The Mix are my go-to glasses on and off the course.

awesome, thank you!

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I'll agree with @TSauer on this. Flak 2.0 for more of an all-around performance pair glasses would a be a great option and they allow a decent size prescriptions in them from my experience with Oakley. I have a couple pairs of the Flak 2.0 XL and they are my go to for golf/driving/hiking pretty much anything outdoors.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

4 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

I'll agree with @TSauer on this. Flak 2.0 for more of an all-around performance pair glasses would a be a great option and they allow a decent size prescriptions in them from my experience with Oakley. I have a couple pairs of the Flak 2.0 XL and they are my go to for golf/driving/hiking pretty much anything outdoors.

I'm going to piggyback off this topic for a moment. I remember you mentioning you used to work for Oakley. Do you have a favorite frame outside of the Flak?

1 minute ago, TSauer said:

I'm going to piggyback off this topic for a moment. I remember you mentioning you used to work for Oakley. Do you have a favorite frame outside of the Flak?

Yes I did work for Oakley retail for a few years. I've mentioned it in a couple threads so I probably sound like a broken record at this point lol. I have around 15 pairs of sunglasses (I had a little bit of an addiction). I'd say my favorite that I wear the most aside from the Flak 2.0 are the Latch Squared which unfortunately I do not think they make anymore. I have a "beater" pair of Holbrook metals that are non polarized that I use when I'm in situations where if I lose them or they end up stolen I'm not going to be upset. Another pair of Lifestyle frames I like is the "twoface" and if I were to pick another performance frame I'd go with the M2. The M2 is great for a lot of coverage and I used them as safety glasses at the other "range" with clear lenses. Fun fact... all Oakley's are ANSI Z87.1 rated but they only stamp 2-3 frames in the standard issue line with the rating for military and government official requirements. 

I could go on and on. I'll have to set up my frames for a photo if people would be interested. would be fun to set them up and list them out. I have a couple limited edition pairs that I've only worn a handful of times due to the cost.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

8 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Yes I did work for Oakley retail for a few years. I've mentioned it in a couple threads so I probably sound like a broken record at this point lol. I have around 15 pairs of sunglasses (I had a little bit of an addiction). I'd say my favorite that I wear the most aside from the Flak 2.0 are the Latch Squared which unfortunately I do not think they make anymore. I have a "beater" pair of Holbrook metals that are non polarized that I use when I'm in situations where if I lose them or they end up stolen I'm not going to be upset. Another pair of Lifestyle frames I like is the "twoface" and if I were to pick another performance frame I'd go with the M2. The M2 is great for a lot of coverage and I used them as safety glasses at the other "range" with clear lenses. Fun fact... all Oakley's are ANSI Z87.1 rated but they only stamp 2-3 frames in the standard issue line with the rating for military and government official requirements. 

I could go on and on. I'll have to set up my frames for a photo if people would be interested. would be fun to set them up and list them out. I have a couple limited edition pairs that I've only worn a handful of times due to the cost.

I haven't looked at the Latch Squared before, I really like those as a more casual pair. I have absolutely zero need to buy another pair of sunglasses, but I am adding these to my list. I came across a pair with a sort of smoke gray/translucent frame on eBay... they are sweet! I'd definitely be interested in seeing your collection! I'm currently looking to add a pair with dark golf lenses, but something that isn't the Flak. I'm leaning Portal X, but we'll see what happens.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:47 PM, arodrig29 said:

Hello, Familia, Hope everyone is doing well. For years, if I ever played golf on back-to-back days I would get a terrible migraine. I mean absolutely debilitating migraine. It turns out that it was the contact lenses, which I only wore to play golf. Needless to say, I am forced to wear prescription glasses. I have been playing with my glasses which have been great, but my health insurance has now approved prescribed sunglasses. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a type or brand that has proven to stay in place during the golf swing? Any and all help is much appreciated. 

I love love love Goodr sunglasses! And they do prescriptions! And the frames are cheep! But that’s all I wear on the course absolutely  highly recommend!  

SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR PHOTO DUMP!

IMG_7146.jpeg

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6974.jpeg

IMG_6973.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

IMG_6970.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6965.jpeg

IMG_6962.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

IMG_6963.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

6 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

I love love love Goodr sunglasses! And they do prescriptions! And the frames are cheep! But that’s all I wear on the course absolutely  highly recommend!  

SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR PHOTO DUMP!

IMG_7146.jpeg

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6974.jpeg

IMG_6973.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

IMG_6970.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6965.jpeg

IMG_6962.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

IMG_6960.jpeg

IMG_6963.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

Are you sponsored by them? Wow, impressive collection brother. 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

15 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

This is great info. I have always been a Ray ban guy. Both for standard and shaded glasses. But they don’t (at least I can’t seem to find) a frame with spring hinges for sun glasses. I have an eye exam appointment Monday and plan to try on the Oakleys they have. 

more to come in this. 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

15 minutes ago, unccross said:

my wife swears by the goodr glasses also. Has like 20 pairs. She doesn’t golf, just run/ walks. I have prescription Wiley x glasses that stay on great. 

Have never heard of Goodr until today. Will definitely be looking them up. Thanks! 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I would strongly suggest going and trying on sunglasses at an eyeglass store (or 5!) You want to know how they look, how they feel over your ears, side pressures, sunlight gaps, eyelash distance, etc

Almost anything you find in them will be available online cheaper. I like using local, as if there is any issues , I can bring them back and recieve faster turn around (pay a little more for convenience)

That being said, I have a pair of Nike Windtrack prescription sunglasses. Only thing I had them add was nose guard tabs on the bridge edges (soft rubber tabs)

https://www.nikevision.com/sunglasses/nike-windtrack-run

I actually paid Alot less for the frames with a bogo deal from the eye center. Got a pair of regular eyeglasses, and the sunglasses. 

I've had lenses refit into 3 times now over 5 years. The finish has held up well, and they are durable! Perfect for driving,  golf, yard work, etc. Easy to clean and maintain too!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I would strongly suggest going and trying on sunglasses at an eyeglass store (or 5!) You want to know how they look, how they feel over your ears, side pressures, sunlight gaps, eyelash distance, etc

Almost anything you find in them will be available online cheaper. I like using local, as if there is any issues , I can bring them back and recieve faster turn around (pay a little more for convenience)

That being said, I have a pair of Nike Windtrack prescription sunglasses. Only thing I had them add was nose guard tabs on the bridge edges (soft rubber tabs)

https://www.nikevision.com/sunglasses/nike-windtrack-run

I actually paid Alot less for the frames with a bogo deal from the eye center. Got a pair of regular eyeglasses, and the sunglasses. 

I've had lenses refit into 3 times now over 5 years. The finish has held up well, and they are durable! Perfect for driving,  golf, yard work, etc. Easy to clean and maintain too!

Yes sir, the plan is to take my time with this. My insurance works with glassesusa.com which is currently running a bogo. Hopefully, I can take advantage of the deal before it expires. 

Edited by arodrig29

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I have a pair of Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 that I wear golfing, they have the Prizm lenses.  Mainly got to help minimize the wind drying out my contacts when riding.  Love them and have no issues with feeling like they would come off during a swing.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

I have a pair of Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 that I wear golfing, they have the Prizm lenses.  Mainly got to help minimize the wind drying out my contacts when riding.  Love them and have no issues with feeling like they would come off during a swing.

Another Oakley recommendation, I am going to really give them a good look. Thanks! 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

1 minute ago, arodrig29 said:

Another Oakley recommendation, I am going to really give them a good look. Thanks! 

I do know there is some frames that can get prescription lenses in them.  Oakley is by far my favorite sunglasses brand.

Good luck…hope you find something that works!

My wife gets migraines and she is miserable when they happen.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

After my cataract surgery, I found that I really don't need glasses except for distance as I'm shortsighted. However, I did get a pair of progressive glasses plus a pair of distance only sunglasses, since they were only $50. more at Costco. I love the glasses (brown lens), they're "Champion Elite". The bill for both was $350. After insurance, both only cost me $100.  3 cheers for Costco.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I use that same setup, Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 with Prizm lens and most of the time I forget that I’m even wearing them. I’ve been wearing Oakley for over 30 years and they just work for me.  That being said, I agree with some of the others that have started to go to a Sunglass Hut or similar if at all possible. Best bet is to try on everything and see what works for you.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

1 minute ago, ParFore74x said:

I use that same setup, Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 with Prizm lens and most of the time I forget that I’m even wearing them. I’ve been wearing Oakley for over 30 years and they just work for me.  That being said, I agree with some of the others that have started to go to a Sunglass Hut or similar if at all possible. Best bet is to try on everything and see what works for you.

Agree, they are so lightweight and comfortable to wear for an entire round.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

16 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

After my cataract surgery, I found that I really don't need glasses except for distance as I'm shortsighted. However, I did get a pair of progressive glasses plus a pair of distance only sunglasses, since they were only $50. more at Costco. I love the glasses (brown lens), they're "Champion Elite". The bill for both was $350. After insurance, both only cost me $100.  3 cheers for Costco.  

I forgot about big box places!  Sam's club, BJs, Costco, etc!  

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I only have experience with one of the brands discussed above, so I'm not saying these are any better, or worse, than most of those, at least for me. But after reading about Costa Diego sunglasses in Connor's review back in January (Costa Diego), I decided to check them out. The "Check Price" link at the time took me to Walmart where they were listed at 1/2 off the $240 price, so I ordered them. I was still very skeptical that I'd like them any better than the other 3 or 4 high(er) end glasses I've tried in the past. So before they were even delivered, I had resolved to return them as Connor had said his only complaint was that they would slip & bounce, both non-starters for me. But my wife insisted that I give them a try since I really should be wearing sunglasses most of the time. I'm glad she did! For me, they fit better than anything I've ever tried (I'm sure that's purely a function of my head vs the particular design). But what really blew me away was the lens clarity - it's incredible! 

I've never been comfortable wearing sunglasses while playing golf as they always seem to just make everything dimmer and more difficult to see. These are different; these are incredibly clear and provide great contrast. Apparently, they got their start as off-shore fishing glasses so they are wrap around style, which many don't like. But I don't mind them and that style does provide better coverage. I am very happy with them!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

5 hours ago, arodrig29 said:

Are you sponsored by them? Wow, impressive collection brother. 

Not yet applications open at the end of the year for a week! But they are 25 bucks a pair and just great glasses all around

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

7 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I only have experience with one of the brands discussed above, so I'm not saying these are any better, or worse, than most of those, at least for me. But after reading about Costa Diego sunglasses in Connor's review back in January (Costa Diego), I decided to check them out. The "Check Price" link at the time took me to Walmart where they were listed at 1/2 off the $240 price, so I ordered them. I was still very skeptical that I'd like them any better than the other 3 or 4 high(er) end glasses I've tried in the past. So before they were even delivered, I had resolved to return them as Connor had said his only complaint was that they would slip & bounce, both non-starters for me. But my wife insisted that I give them a try since I really should be wearing sunglasses most of the time. I'm glad she did! For me, they fit better than anything I've ever tried (I'm sure that's purely a function of my head vs the particular design). But what really blew me away was the lens clarity - it's incredible! 

I've never been comfortable wearing sunglasses while playing golf as they always seem to just make everything dimmer and more difficult to see. These are different; these are incredibly clear and provide great contrast. Apparently, they got their start as off-shore fishing glasses so they are wrap around style, which many don't like. But I don't mind them and that style does provide better coverage. I am very happy with them!

Costa is one of the brands my insurance will pay a partial for. I will be adding them to the list. Thanks! 

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Well, a brief follow up. I went through the process yesterday of getting the eye exam out-of-the-way. Then the time came, to get down to the real important part. Trying out all of these great suggestions everyone has been kind enough to send my way. I tried Maui Jim, Costa, Oakley, Ray Ban, amongst others. In the end, the RB 2132 Ray Ban fit me the best. I came close to picking a pair of Maui Jim model number MJ 897–01. But the fit around the nose piece was just slightly more uncomfortable than the wayfarers. 

Now, is the difficult part. I have to wait until these things come in… Lol. I am being told they should take about 2 to 3 weeks. I will post some pics and will eventually follow up with on course testing and on the water testing.

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure.