Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review

I think MLM2pro has sent me into an ego check when it comes to my longer clubs.  My shorter clubs seem to be spot on when it comes to distances.  My avg carry distances seem to get all bunched up in the 6,5,4.  I’ve actually taken my 4 iron out of my bag because of my results.  Although my longer irons are close in distances my 3hybrid (180 carry),  3wood (192 carry) and driver are exactly where they should be.

🙃

21 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I think MLM2pro has sent me into an ego check when it comes to my longer clubs.  My shorter clubs seem to be spot on when it comes to distances.  My avg carry distances seem to get all bunched up in the 6,5,4.  I’ve actually taken my 4 iron out of my bag because of my results.  Although my longer irons are close in distances my 3hybrid (180 carry),  3wood (192 carry) and driver are exactly where they should be.

This is exactly what I noticed with my top end. My 6 and 5 iron were going about the same distance and my hybrid was going 210 leaving a 25 yard gap from 5/6 iron to hybrid. So I switched my 5 iron from my older JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro irons and that did the trick. I filled in the gap nicely. This is not anything I would have noticed without the Rapsodo.

It cam up in my round on Sunday actually. One of the Par 3s was playing about 200, only a couple yards down hill so probably needed a 190 to 195 shot. I would not have been confident with my Edel SMS 5 iron. Instead I took the Mizuno out and hit an ok strike, a little heel side, that went pin high that right there is a shot that I might have tried to done something silly with the hybrid on step on the Edel and mess things up.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

16 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

This is exactly what I noticed with my top end. My 6 and 5 iron were going about the same distance and my hybrid was going 210 leaving a 25 yard gap from 5/6 iron to hybrid. So I switched my 5 iron from my older JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro irons and that did the trick. I filled in the gap nicely. This is not anything I would have noticed without the Rapsodo.

It cam up in my round on Sunday actually. One of the Par 3s was playing about 200, only a couple yards down hill so probably needed a 190 to 195 shot. I would not have been confident with my Edel SMS 5 iron. Instead I took the Mizuno out and hit an ok strike, a little heel side, that went pin high that right there is a shot that I might have tried to done something silly with the hybrid on step on the Edel and mess things up.

I agree with this 100%…the last couple rounds I hit shots to the proper distance (whether pin high, carry a bit long to cover trouble or short of the pin) has helped improved my scoring.  The last few rounds I have scored and hit the ball very well.

While the ego has taken a hit in regards to distance, I’m willing to take it when the ball is going where I need it to.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Well I have to say, after seeing the mostly good stuff I went ahead and ordered one this week. I’m hoping it will be here in a few days so I can get some work in before my final match with my buddies in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgDriver: Callaway Edge 10.5

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgFW: Callaway Edge 3W, AdamsGolf TightLies5W

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgHybrids: AdamsGolf TightLies 4H, Callaway Edge 5H

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgIrons: Callaway Edge  5-PW 

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgWedges: Callaway Mack Daddy CB 52, 56, 60

default_odyssey-small.jpg.804c62d15d578bb5a4e994d2099cd3ef.jpgPutter: Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Ball: Kirkland Signature Performance+(Needed cheap balls to start again because I lose them so often)

Just enjoy life, it’s short

14 minutes ago, RemingtonR said:

Well I have to say, after seeing the mostly good stuff I went ahead and ordered one this week. I’m hoping it will be here in a few days so I can get some work in before my final match with my buddies in about a month.

You won’t be disappointed.  It’s all positives from my end so far.  I’ll be using it for an hour or two later today and tomorrow.  I’ll be putting up some posts.

🙃

18 minutes ago, RemingtonR said:

Awesome, let us know what your thoughts are when it arrives!

After practicing with it, I have shot the best rounds of the year so far.  Hope you see some good results with it before your match!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

One aspect of using a launch monitor and practicing that doesn’t get talked about enough is the fact that it’s a workout.  Here some stats from my whoop today.  I hit some 8 irons and 3 wood on range session then played 12 holes on the MLM2pro.  Burned close to 450 calories.  Not bad…

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

🙃

The Rapsodo came with a free trial to E6 Connect.  Trial consists of 5 courses, a couple games and challenges.

Downloaded the app and set up an account, initial impressions…not impressed.

While the features are slightly different than what is directly on the Rapsodo, not sure it would truly be helpful/beneficial from a practice perspective.  Could just be the limitations of the free trial, but it does not make me want to spend money on this.

I will be sticking with the features directly on the Rapsodo.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

The Rapsodo came with a free trial to E6 Connect.  Trial consists of 5 courses, a couple games and challenges.
Downloaded the app and set up an account, initial impressions…not impressed.
While the features are slightly different than what is directly on the Rapsodo, not sure it would truly be helpful/beneficial from a practice perspective.  Could just be the limitations of the free trial, but it does not make me want to spend money on this.
I will be sticking with the features directly on the Rapsodo.

Did you happen to try the amazing golf app? It looks like a fun addition of the games they have.

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgDriver: Callaway Edge 10.5

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgFW: Callaway Edge 3W, AdamsGolf TightLies5W

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgHybrids: AdamsGolf TightLies 4H, Callaway Edge 5H

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgIrons: Callaway Edge  5-PW 

default_callaway-small.jpg.2b6d441184b90f810b4031f50305c1cf.jpgWedges: Callaway Mack Daddy CB 52, 56, 60

default_odyssey-small.jpg.804c62d15d578bb5a4e994d2099cd3ef.jpgPutter: Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Ball: Kirkland Signature Performance+(Needed cheap balls to start again because I lose them so often)

14 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

One aspect of using a launch monitor and practicing that doesn’t get talked about enough is the fact that it’s a workout.  Here some stats from my whoop today.  I hit some 8 irons and 3 wood on range session then played 12 holes on the MLM2pro.  Burned close to 450 calories.  Not bad…

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

Troubles with the site. Didn’t want to include the big chart in quote. Then no way to post.

i just want to say this is exactly why I got the monitor. To conveniently work my back at home. And my swing. Only way during winter without a ton of money to Xgolf. I have an odd back injury from spinning on my spine. Fell on ice. Oddly found a golf swing corrects it. But the muscles from golf supporting the spine are gone for now. Didn’t play for many years. Also in awful shape because I sat around in pain. Good low intensity workout. Work up the cardiovascular. 
I wondered about high tech and golf. Thank God for this. 

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

Want to ask experience what might be best with this. 
I have Samsung phone and tablet. They do pair together better than my Apple did. Apple phone and pad. 
I have an Apple iPad also. 
I’ll be at home most the time. Use home computer and? 
I also have an Apple laptop?

Edited by Old New Golfer

32 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

I have Samsung phone and tablet. They do pair together better than my Apple did. Apple phone and pad. 

I only have experience with IPad and iPhone and both have been flawless.  I like using the iPad better for the bigger screen.

🙃

12 hours ago, RemingtonR said:

Did you happen to try the amazing golf app? It looks like a fun addition of the games they have.

Awesome Golf App?  I’m not finding anything for amazing.

The only “extra” interface I tried was the E6 since I had the free trial with the Rapsodo.  

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 hours ago, Old New Golfer said:

I have only used my iPhone to connect and have had no issues.  The website doesn’t mention a computer being compatible:

iPhone

iOS 14 or higher
Compatible with iPhone, iPad

iPad

iPad 2017 and up (must support 1080p)

Android

10.0 Android Operating System or higher (API level 29)
Compatible with phones and tablets
Device must natively support Google Play Store

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

The only “extra” interface I tried was the E6 since I had the free trial with the Rapsodo.  

So apparently Awesome Golf has a 14 day trial that hooks up with Rapsodo, when I get mine I’m planning on checking it out, it looks like a fun game style. Here is the link for their website. I found it on the Rapsodo page for the MLM2Pro. https://www.awesome-golf.com

I meant Awesome Golf lol

2 minutes ago, RemingtonR said:

I meant Awesome Golf lol

Got it, will have to look into that.  Awesome Golf does show up in the 3rd party apps on the Rapsodo, just haven’t tried that one yet.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I had great session yesterday.  I practiced/ hit the range/then played nine holes on a course in VT (virtually) I was five over after nine.  Doubled 8 and 9 because of chipping/pitching.

i had time about two hours ago to do the same.  I brought the Prosendr today and tried to really work on compressing the ball.  I also own the “g box” from George gankas.  After having both on and trying to practice, it didn’t go so well.  Ball flights were all over the place and I actually missed my net once.  After I missed the net it was in my head and it just didn’t end up being a good practice session.  I won’t be doing that again with actual golf balls.  

Missing the net definitely gets in your head…good thing it hit a tree

🙃

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I had great session yesterday.  I practiced/ hit the range/then played nine holes on a course in VT (virtually) I was five over after nine.  Doubled 8 and 9 because of chipping/pitching.

i had time about two hours ago to do the same.  I brought the Prosendr today and tried to really work on compressing the ball.  I also own the “g box” from George gankas.  After having both on and trying to practice, it didn’t go so well.  Ball flights were all over the place and I actually missed my net once.  After I missed the net it was in my head and it just didn’t end up being a good practice session.  I won’t be doing that again with actual golf balls.  

Missing the net definitely gets in your head…good thing it hit a tree

Even though the practice session didn’t go very smooth the MLM2pro worked perfectly.  

if you take a look once again I burned around 500 calories.  It’s becoming part of my workout routine

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

🙃

10 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Even though the practice session didn’t go very smooth the MLM2pro worked perfectly.  

if you take a look once again I burned around 500 calories.  It’s becoming part of my workout routine

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

I like this!  “Hey honey, I need to go hit golf balls…my workout of the day!  It’s required for my health!”

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

First time touching my clubs in a week…tried to get out last week but SWMBO had a rough week and needed a break, so I kept the kids away.  Swing was a bit off, but hit some decent shots.

Did the Target Range today and all I can say is this is tough.  You pick target/yardage and have a go.  Island greens, small fairways and small targets…what a challenge!

GW - 75 yards (2 of 9)  
9i - 139 yards (5 of 9)  
5i - Fairway 3 (0 of 2)…note, not sure of the carry distance, but 5 iron didn’t make the fairway  
5i - 178 yards (2 of 8 )
3i - 205 yards (4 of 12)  
7i - 150 yards (5 of 6)

46 shots, 18 targets hit…have some room for improvement.

IMG_5386.jpeg.d27f2c275b8d7b53e37db50be96a18f2.jpeg

Do not like the way the data displays for post session review, would like to see an overview of where shots ended up.  Also, on R-Cloud there is no ability to review data…I can only see it from my phone in the app.

Edited by TJ Hall

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Was a lighter week for myself as well, though I am working on a wedge matrix but it was not quite finished up so I don't have a nice visual to share on that one yet, but it will be coming to be sure.

I have been trying to work through using the Stack with the Rapsodo MLM2Pro, but this is my first big disappointment. After trying 3 or 4 times to figure out how in the world to make this work I went through the Stack FAQ page and unfortunately found this answer

image.png.8bc9cf2ee3ac9a73bf753121ecc11ae6.png

This is a big disappointment. I have a PRGR but the tripod of the Rapsodo I expected to give more consistent and reliable results. I wonder if the R-speed could be allowed to run in the back ground and push a notification banner with the speed so you can keep the Stack app open and read out the speed for it.

I will just say this is the only downside I have seen so far. If you are not looking to speed train or do something like Superspeed where the workout is not in an app then the R-speed is wonderful and a great addition to the features. It is a limitation of trying to use those two specifically.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

First time touching my clubs in a week…tried to get out last week but SWMBO had a rough week and needed a break, so I kept the kids away.  Swing was a bit off, but hit some decent shots.

Did the Target Range today and all I can say is this is tough.  You pick target/yardage and have a go.  Island greens, small fairways and small targets…what a challenge!

GW - 75 yards (2 of 9)  
9i - 139 yards (5 of 9)  
5i - Fairway 3 (0 of 2)…note, not sure of the carry distance, but 5 iron didn’t make the fairway  
5i - 178 yards (2 of 8 )
3i - 205 yards (4 of 12)  
7i - 150 yards (5 of 6)

46 shots, 18 targets hit…have some room for improvement.

IMG_5386.jpeg.d27f2c275b8d7b53e37db50be96a18f2.jpeg

Do not like the way the data displays for post session review, would like to see an overview of where shots ended up.  Also, on R-Cloud there is no ability to review data…I can only see it from my phone in the app.

I am also wishing for a range like overview of the shots instead especially when I used the range feature as a session. Also would love to see that range view replay of a shot as an option.

6 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Was a lighter week for myself as well, though I am working on a wedge matrix but it was not quite finished up so I don't have a nice visual to share on that one yet, but it will be coming to be sure.

I have been trying to work through using the Stack with the Rapsodo MLM2Pro, but this is my first big disappointment. After trying 3 or 4 times to figure out how in the world to make this work I went through the Stack FAQ page and unfortunately found this answer

image.png.8bc9cf2ee3ac9a73bf753121ecc11ae6.png

This is a big disappointment. I have a PRGR but the tripod of the Rapsodo I expected to give more consistent and reliable results. I wonder if the R-speed could be allowed to run in the back ground and push a notification banner with the speed so you can keep the Stack app open and read out the speed for it.

I will just say this is the only downside I have seen so far. If you are not looking to speed train or do something like Superspeed where the workout is not in an app then the R-speed is wonderful and a great addition to the features. It is a limitation of trying to use those two specifically.

It is the same with the RypStick. I have to run the app on my phone while my ipad records the swings which was connected to the Rapsodo. 

And to be honest, it would not be worth the trouble setting up the Rapsodo for speed training with the Rypstick.  For me, I do not have any need to review those swings.  The only technique is to swing as fast as you can.  Plus half of the swings are in the opposite direction and I would be terrified to see how that looks. 

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

14 minutes ago, Fiveslow said:

It is the same with the RypStick. I have to run the app on my phone while my ipad records the swings which was connected to the Rapsodo. 

And to be honest, it would not be worth the trouble setting up the Rapsodo for speed training with the Rypstick.  For me, I do not have any need to review those swings.  The only technique is to swing as fast as you can.  Plus half of the swings are in the opposite direction and I would be terrified to see how that looks. 

I am not sure that setting up something like the MLM2Pro is worth it, but having something like the PRGR is worth is. There have been countless times where I put in effort thought it was a fast swing to find it was down 2 mph from the last swing. Having the speed reading really helps me realize what feels produces actual speed. I would for sure recommend using a speed measuring device when speed training. Otherwise you might put in a lot of effort for not much gain, which I know some folks on here have shared stories about.

21 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I am not sure that setting up something like the MLM2Pro is worth it, but having something like the PRGR is worth is. There have been countless times where I put in effort thought it was a fast swing to find it was down 2 mph from the last swing. Having the speed reading really helps me realize what feels produces actual speed. I would for sure recommend using a speed measuring device when speed training. Otherwise you might put in a lot of effort for not much gain, which I know some folks on here have shared stories about.

The 2-3 times that I did use the MLM2 for speed training, was after completing a few range sessions.  I had previously purchased the pocket radar for the Rypstick. Although I don't believe that the pocket radar is very accurate, it does note differences in swing speed which I value more than the actual number itself (if that makes any sense). 

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

1 hour ago, Fiveslow said:

The 2-3 times that I did use the MLM2 for speed training, was after completing a few range sessions.  I had previously purchased the pocket radar for the Rypstick. Although I don't believe that the pocket radar is very accurate, it does note differences in swing speed which I value more than the actual number itself (if that makes any sense). 

Yes as long as the result is consistent that is what matters, so that when you swing faster is picks it up. If one says 105 and other 107 as long as the faster swing is higher in the system. As it is GC quad and track man on driver swings measure different speeds because one is camera based and the other is radar.

I’ve used the Rapsodo with Superspeed without issue…was actually very easy to use.

Turn it on, set it on the ground and swing.

It did miss a couple swings that I did not notice until after finishing the session, but other than that it has been great for speed training.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter