Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Choose one brand, forever.

ManBeard

I want to hold an informal poll.

If you had to choose only one brand to play forever, to make up all 14 clubs including your ball, Which company do you go with ? 

3-p p760s

Cobra F9 

Tour edge Exotic 3 and 5 wood

Custom made Bradley putter

Sm9 wedges 50 56 60

Titleist, no question. Everything they make is quality and they have been around the longest of the big 4 OEMs.

I'd like to throw some love at Wilson too. Very underrated company.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

19 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Titleist, no question. Everything they make is quality and they have been around the longest of the big 4 OEMs.

I'd like to throw some love at Wilson too. Very underrated company.

+1.  I really love my Vokey wedges and Scotty putter.  I'll figure the rest out.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Brnr MINI Driver | VA Nemesys 65 R
Fairway metals: :callaway-small: Rogue St Max 5 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R, Rogue St Max 7 wood | Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60 R, Rogue St Max 9 wood | VA Nemesys 65 R
Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 5-7, P770 8-P matched | True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS +.5, 1 degree up
Wedges: 1240867525_default_vokey-small1.gif.fd86a2e0ab83b468ba0f432d800e9cee.gif SM8 54 S10, SM 8 58 S10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold, SM9 48 F10 | True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: 
 default_cameron-small.gif.5602ddbf1b327f1a1ae042f1224b598e.gif Super Select Golo 6, 37" Matador large grip

Its hard to pick one but I would have to go with Ben Hogan. Yea, in their current state they aren't up there with the likes of the big guys but my entire golf world had Hogan equipment at some point. 

I still have my original Hogan 99 Apex blades (2-EW) from HS/College, a set of PTX Pros and my Hogan Icon irons. All of them still perform well, and i will occasionally put them back in the bag.

I also had great luck with their fairway woods (the G53 line) before I lost it on a trip a few years ago. I always wanted to try their driver, maybe I will pick one up one of these days. 

They also have a great utility iron with the UiHi line, I have a 3 iron build that is extremely fun to play with and might soon replace my iCrossover 2 Iron on a more full time basis 

WITB (Current 2024):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5, HZRDUS Hulk 6 PVD (X-Flex)

Wood(s): Taylormade Burner Mini Driver 13.5, HZRDUS Blue (X-Flex)

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Ping S159 (50), Taylormade MG4 TW (56) (60)

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus

Wilson Staff or Titleist for sure…

Currently employed at Riverwood National Golf Course, in Otsego, MN (USA)   RW Logo copy.png

WITB: 

Callaway Paradym 9 & 10.5 drivers, depending on conditions and my swing that day! (Accra Tour Z x255 M3)

Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 woods (stock Aldila Synergy shafts, Stiff)

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HB, Regular)

Callaway Apex Pro 19 (True Temper Elevate Tour 115 Steel, Regular)

13 different putters in rotation!! 😆

Seed SD-05 (a 3-piece urethane cover, 80 compression ball)

I don't own a single Titleist club, but if I had to choose one brand I would probably go that route. Cameron putter, Vokey wedges and great irons, "for me" their woods are their only weak link. YMMV

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

A month ago I would have said Titleist. I have a long relationship with Vokey wedges and even though the rest of my bag is Callaway/Toulan, I didn't like any of the recent Callaway wedges. I have hit Titleist clubs and Scotty putters and wouldn't be concerned about a switch.

However, the new Opus wedges changed all that. I haven't hit them but based on looks I think there is a 90% chance I could make that change and be all Callaway.

@ManBeard Titleist is definitely the logical option. As long as you have a bank account to compete with the GDP of Luxembourg you wouldn't really look anywhere else.

Having said that, Wilson are worth a mention. Value for money, ridiculous history, great quality, and constantly overlooked. The Dynapower lineup is fantastic, and the Wilson Staff "Model" range has consistently been some of the best gear money can buy. Their current lineup are some of the best looking irons on the market, and I don't think many would disagree if they had one in their hands. The wedges don't look bad either, although I haven't tried the latest ones, and their putters are worth more than a look as well. For anyone out there looking for a putter in the £300 range, the BL22, MT22 and TM22 are fantastic. Look the part and feel even better.

Oh and the balls - The Model X golf balls are brilliant, and here in the UK they're almost always available on a 3-for-2 deal for well under £100. Can't say fairer than that. Wilson desperately deserve a move back to the top. 🔥

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png   Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition | Diamana 'ahina 65g (9.5°, Stiff)

titleist200.png.e01ae7639090c209c93c9f2f7435d808.png   4 Wood: Titleist TS2 | Kuro Kage Black Seires 65g (16.5°, Stiff)

mizuno200.png.4605df8e24685074d10718ba6ac66080.png   Irons: Mizuno MP15 | True Temper DG S300 (4-PW, Stiff)

taylormade200.png.e6cb0a20f84873d1f59007172ed00680.png   Wedges: Taylormade Z-Spin | True Temper DG S300 (52°/9°B, 56°/12°B, 60°/10°B, Stiff)

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png  Putter: Nike Method Milled Model 004 (35")

⭐ See my review of the ShotScope Pro ZR here ⭐

So going a different route... I think if I had to pick one brand I am going to go out be have it be my own brand. Because why not? No I don't have the capital, but doing a PXG type model would be fun and get to enjoy a lot of the creativity and design.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think TaylorMade would have to be a candidate as well. Don't think I would ever actually do that, even if I had an unlimited budget, but they have everything. Noticed Tommy Fleetwood playing their ball in the Olympics.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Adding the ball to that changed my answer completely. So with the ball having to be part of it I would have to go with Titleist. If you exclude the ball I would 100% go with Callaway. I currently play all Callaway  driver 3&5 wood Uw 4-p and Callaway wedges with an Odyssey putter and ProV1 ball. 

Driver Callaway: Ai Smoke triple diamond

3&5 wood : Callaway Mavrick 

Callaway 21 UW

Irons: Callaway Rogue Pro 4-pw 

52 56 60: Callaway Jaws 

Putter: Odyssey 2 ball tour filled and recently added Jailbird Mini 

Ball: Titleist Pro V