Tour Striker Training Bundle - 2025 Forum Review

7 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Great opening review! You almost need a second bag for it!

Perhaps reducing to the most used clubs would help?

That is a great idea Rob. I was thinking of only taking one training aid along with the Toolbox for each session, similar to how the protocol videos are usually formatted where the Toolbox is used to set up properly when using the training aids. But taking only irons out one day, woods another etc. is something I am definitely going to incorporate.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Forum Member Reviews:

As I previously mentioned near the tail end of my first impressions, the impression can be changed easily once I take a training aid out for use. I took both The Toolbox and The 7i Red Stripe to the grass range today and let me tell you, if you're compression is not on, the 7i lets you know immediately. It is mentioned in the protocols that you will get low stingers off of misfits, which I saw a few of. But more frequently on mishits the ball will literally tumble maybe 10 yards. I was able to get some good swings with it but there is going to be a lot of practice needed with the 7i. 

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

As I previously mentioned near the tail end of my first impressions, the impression can be changed easily once I take a training aid out for use. I took both The Toolbox and The 7i Red Stripe to the grass range today and let me tell you, if you're compression is not on, the 7i lets you know immediately. It is mentioned in the protocols that you will get low stingers off of misfits, which I saw a few of. But more frequently on mishits the ball will literally tumble maybe 10 yards. I was able to get some good swings with it but there is going to be a lot of practice needed with the 7i. 

As far as you know or can tell, is the Red Stripe just a cosmetic thing? I have the original 7 iron; based on your pics it doesn’t look there is anything actually different about the club besides the stripe?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

As far as you know or can tell, is the Red Stripe just a cosmetic thing? I have the original 7 iron; based on your pics it doesn’t look there is anything actually different about the club besides the stripe?

So far I have only been using the red stripe in set up. The more shaft lean, the more of the stripe you see. During the swing it's not really something I can look for while I'm focusing on the ball.

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

3 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

It's 100% cosmetic.  I'm putting together my first impressions right now as I just got my last shipment and in there I'm going to talk about how the "Red Stripe" is just a sticker.  It was a little disappointing as mine was almost ready to come off with one touch

Driver: Ping G425 Max
3 Wood: Ping G400
3 Hybrid: Cobra King Tec
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: PXG Sugar Daddy II 0311 Xtreme Dark C-Grind
Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Unboxing/First Impressions (scored individually out of 10):

Have you ever shown up for a new class in school, and the teacher rattles off all the work you will need to put in and required materials needed to complete the course? Well, that's what I felt like when going over all the products and protocol videos from Martin Chuck. Now, most people won't plan on having all 5 products to be used at once. After the initial shock wore off and I actually focused on how each product worked and would help improve my game (hopefully!). You are able to see how each training aid not only stands on its own but also connects with the others.

20240918_192809.jpg.27dac5ef85618e2ff6b8af9bc7bf3719.jpg20240918_192816.jpg.b5eb44fa3fdb9013ee0a2b14982bf958.jpg20241004_182453.jpg.3304fc0f265e6ff33c78726cc0a2376c.jpg20240918_192920.jpg.02614971d5ddc6fdd847a304400adbc7.jpg

Now, I can not speak for the rest of the testers, but the packaging was definitely lacking and slightly banged up upon delivery. Shipping was relatively quick once emails were sent out. You receive access to the protocols before you even have product in hand, which is nice to get ahead of the curve. 

Each training aid was individually bagged and labeled, other than the Toolbox and 7 iron, which clearly didn't need special storage or identification. My scores are solely based on immediate first impressions of each aid and cursory views of the protocols. While mother nature has seen fit to try and remove the SE US from the map, she has simultaneously tried to cook the SW with temps ranging from 108-114° in late September and early October. So, while I have done light testing indoors while using simulators, outdoor testing will begin soon as temps are finally dropping below 100°.

20241004_182625.jpg.a894456a9fd3f3e90231dc7f01fb575c.jpg

Tour Striker Toolbox - 9/10: The Toolbox packaging was pretty beat up upon arrival but no damage to the actual product. I will get this over with upfront. The only reason it did not score a perfect 10 was to size. It is not small, and when it comes to ease of transport, that is where it lacks. Weight isn't the issue. Stop smuggling outside beers in your bag, and you wouldn't notice the extra heft. Finding an open space in your bag to take it to and from the range/course is the only hindrance. It doesn't slide easy into a shared club divider like a set of standard alignment sticks. So you either need an open spot in your bag or you are carrying it in a hand. But this thing is solid and everything you could ask for as a golf training "multitool". On top of the endless positions and uses for alignment, swing path, etc. It doubles as a warm-up aid. As a man on the wrong side of 40, stretching and loosening up is a priority. This device lends itself to creativity. This is probably the most universal training aid of the group that all golfers would benefit from.

20240918_193008.jpg.e786a708f7e3a3cad08a316bc3209ad3.jpg20240918_193248.jpg.c2834abb4c4a11cf0e9f7df3632274f0.jpg

Tour Striker Smart Ball - 8/10: The product I am most familiar with, having seen these used before. Solid construction with what seems to be durable materials. The ball is easy to inflate and deflate, as well as set up and use with the lanyard. Now, some won't like having something hanging around their neck while swinging and may prefer the Smart Ball Sleeve. Little more effort needed to put on a setup. May feel awkward to use at first. Comfort will vary for some. 

20240918_193322.jpg.dd608159a81ab60bd0ab51dfa54e7bee.jpg

Tour Striker FlexClick - 8/10: This is the product I thought I needed the most due to my poor release and wrists. Like everything else, solid construction with durable materials. The strap is a little on the short side. Those with large wrists and forearms may find it annoying to put on and constantly readjust. After 4-5 test swings, you know if you are using it correctly by the audible feedback. If you flex, it will click!

Tour Striker Impact Sling - 8/10: This one is interesting, and I am probably the most excited after opening everything. Since this is used as a replacement for a club to help timing and tempo, no range/ball is needed and can be done indoors. Huge plus for those who may be too shy to use training aids in the view of the public. Very solid build and design. The reason this did not get a 10 was it is a heavier than a club, and after a few minutes, you're gonna feel that workout. While being low impact, you will break a sweat from constant use. Also, you WILL hit yourself! How hard, is up to you, but it's going to happen. That may be a turnoff for some users.

Tour Striker 7 Iron Red Stripe - 7/10: Yeah, yeah, the 7 iron got a 7 score. I swung the original version of this 7 iron exactly once years ago, and I still have PTSD. I am a sweeper and don't get much compression. So, in theory, this should be a useful tool! Here's the deal, while this may be the simplest training concept, grab club, forward shaft lean, swing, and compress... This may be the hardest to use for most amateur golfers. Trying to square up the tiny impact zone is hard enough, but thin a few and you're going to feel it in your hands. BUT, when you flush one, there is nothing more satisfying!

20241010_204738.jpg.bdc641d9a73e7751fdafe4f5e43f59d3.jpg

So far so good. Everything works as intended and hopefully will produce results on the range and in time translate to the course. Overall I am impressed with the quality of the products and training protocol videos. I can't stress this enough without the protocols you lose out on maximizing the potential of each training aid. Obviously, that's a lot to take to the range, and I will only be using one at a time, with the Toolbox box being the exception. And for those with a keen eye and may lurk in the CHA thread, there is a cameo from a new Scotty and Vokey wedge set(a result from a trip to TPI) that are trying to make it into the bag.

Edited by RoyN
Spell check

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

On 10/10/2024 at 11:13 PM, RoyN said:

Unboxing/First Impressions (scored individually out of 10):

Have you ever shown up for a new class in school, and the teacher rattles off all the work you will need to put in and required materials needed to complete the course? Well, that's what I felt like when going over all the products and protocol videos from Martin Chuck. Now, most people won't plan on having all 5 products to be used at once. After the initial shock wore off and I actually focused on how each product worked and would help improve my game (hopefully!). You are able to see how each training aid not only stands on its own but also connects with the others.

20240918_192809.jpg.27dac5ef85618e2ff6b8af9bc7bf3719.jpg20240918_192816.jpg.b5eb44fa3fdb9013ee0a2b14982bf958.jpg20241004_182453.jpg.3304fc0f265e6ff33c78726cc0a2376c.jpg20240918_192920.jpg.02614971d5ddc6fdd847a304400adbc7.jpg

Now, I can not speak for the rest of the testers, but the packaging was definitely lacking and slightly banged up upon delivery. Shipping was relatively quick once emails were sent out. You receive access to the protocols before you even have product in hand, which is nice to get ahead of the curve. 

Each training aid was individually bagged and labeled, other than the Toolbox and 7 iron, which clearly didn't need special storage or identification. My scores are solely based on immediate first impressions of each aid and cursory views of the protocols. While mother nature has seen fit to try and remove the SE US from the map, she has simultaneously tried to cook the SW with temps ranging from 108-114° in late September and early October. So, while I have done light testing indoors while using simulators, outdoor testing will begin soon as temps are finally dropping below 100°.

20241004_182625.jpg.a894456a9fd3f3e90231dc7f01fb575c.jpg

Tour Striker Toolbox - 9/10: The Toolbox packaging was pretty beat up upon arrival but no damage to the actual product. I will get this over with upfront. The only reason it did not score a perfect 10 was to size. It is not small, and when it comes to ease of transport, that is where it lacks. Weight isn't the issue. Stop smuggling outside beers in your bag, and you wouldn't notice the extra heft. Finding an open space in your bag to take it to and from the range/course is the only hindrance. It doesn't slide easy into a shared club divider like a set of standard alignment sticks. So you either need an open spot in your bag or you are carrying it in a hand. But this thing is solid and everything you could ask for as a golf training "multitool". On top of the endless positions and uses for alignment, swing path, etc. It doubles as a warm-up aid. As a man on the wrong side of 40, stretching and loosening up is a priority. This device lends itself to creativity. This is probably the most universal training aid of the group that all golfers would benefit from.

20240918_193008.jpg.e786a708f7e3a3cad08a316bc3209ad3.jpg20240918_193248.jpg.c2834abb4c4a11cf0e9f7df3632274f0.jpg

Tour Striker Smart Ball - 8/10: The product I am most familiar with, having seen these used before. Solid construction with what seems to be durable materials. The ball is easy to inflate and deflate, as well as set up and use with the lanyard. Now, some won't like having something hanging around their neck while swinging and may prefer the Smart Ball Sleeve. Little more effort needed to put on a setup. May feel awkward to use at first. Comfort will vary for some. 

20240918_193322.jpg.dd608159a81ab60bd0ab51dfa54e7bee.jpg

Tour Striker FlexClick - 8/10: This is the product I thought I needed the most due to my poor release and wrists. Like everything else, solid construction with durable materials. The strap is a little on the short side. Those with large wrists and forearms may find it annoying to put on and constantly readjust. After 4-5 test swings, you know if you are using it correctly by the audible feedback. If you flex, it will click!

Tour Striker Impact Sling - 8/10: This one is interesting, and I am probably the most excited after opening everything. Since this is used as a replacement for a club to help timing and tempo, no range/ball is needed and can be done indoors. Huge plus for those who may be too shy to use training aids in the view of the public. Very solid build and design. The reason this did not get a 10 was it is a heavier than a club, and after a few minutes, you're gonna feel that workout. While being low impact, you will break a sweat from constant use. Also, you WILL hit yourself! How hard, is up to you, but it's going to happen. That may be a turnoff for some users.

Tour Striker 7 Iron Red Stripe - 7/10: Yeah, yeah, the 7 iron got a 7 score. I swung the original version of this 7 iron exactly once years ago, and I still have PTSD. I am a sweeper and don't get much compression. So, in theory, this should be a useful tool! Here's the deal, while this may be the simplest training concept, grab club, forward shaft lean, swing, and compress... This may be the hardest to use for most amateur golfers. Trying to square up the tiny impact zone is hard enough, but thin a few and you're going to feel it in your hands. BUT, when you flush one, there is nothing more satisfying!

20241010_204738.jpg.bdc641d9a73e7751fdafe4f5e43f59d3.jpg

So far so good. Everything works as intended and hopefully will produce results on the range and in time translate to the course. Overall I am impressed with the quality of the products and training protocol videos. I can't stress this enough without the protocols you lose out on maximizing the potential of each training aid. Obviously, that's a lot to take to the range, and I will only be using one at a time, with the Toolbox box being the exception. And for those with a keen eye and may lurk in the CHA thread, there is a cameo from a new Scotty and Vokey wedge set(a result from a trip to TPI) that are trying to make it into the bag.

Did your impact sling also arrive in the same box as the 7i and Toolbox, or was that just me? Still not sure how they managed to squeeze it in the box.

Also, I neglected to mention it in my first impressions, but the box did arrive in good condition. I can agree that some type of padding in the box would have been nice to see. 

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

First Impressions

AllProductsSmall.jpg.b8135d4000b8586fb529aacd1835bcc1.jpg

FlexClick - 8/10

Upon first glance, and this will be a common theme, the FlexClick is very well constructed.  Tour Striker continues to deliver high-end quality.  I also love the simplicity and the audible nature of the FlexClick.  I believe the direct competitor for the FlexClick is the training aid that puts a plastic piece in the back of the glove.  I definitely prefer the audible noise rather than forcing your hands ALWAYS to be in one spot. 

The one downside that I see with the FlexClick is the length of the wrist strap.  Granted I don’t have the smallest arms, but I also don’t have the biggest.  When I put on the FlexClick, I almost max out the length.  This also makes part of the Velcro exposed.  When trying to adjust the FlexClick, part of that exposed Velcro caught on my shirt making a small pull on it.

FlexClickStrapFullViewSmall.jpg.9acaf793fe323c4b79031c0ccfba4da8.jpg

Impact Sling - 8/10

If there’s any training aids in this bundle that I was the least excited about, it would probably be the Impact Sling.  It’s nothing against the training aid itself as the construction is extremely high quality.  It just feels like a simple fitness aid rather than a training aid.

The handle is definitely heavier than I expected.  It feels as if there’s solid steel rod rather than a typical golf shaft to give it that extra weight.  The carabiner almost feels and looks like it’s rock climbing quality.

ImpactSling.jpg.fe23ea9ecc7ff8eeb19bbedfe7d159fa.jpg

Tour Striker 7 Iron - 9/10

From the least excited to the most excited!  This was the one training aid that I couldn’t wait to get!  There was a surprise that it was the brand new “Red Stripe” 7 iron rather than just the standard 7 iron.  I will say that I could definitely benefit from compressing the ball more.  I have a shallow swing and divot pattern, so I feel like I could have better strikes and more spin with added compression. 

The 7 iron itself is very standard to a normal iron from the grip down to the hosel.  After the hosel, that’s when things gets weird.  The “actual face” of the club is small and from starts about 1/3 of the way up the face of a normal iron.  Below the “face” is a rounded edge where you can easily tell you’re going to need shaft lean to make good contact. 

The one disappointment is the actual “Red Stripe” on the back of the iron.  I was expecting paint fill, rubber, or something more permanent than the sticker that they placed on it.  When I touched it, part of it almost came up and I had to pat it back down.

7iRedStripe.jpg.e2e179adf4c77aa8ae70bdd59132cd18.jpg

Smart Ball - 9/10

The Smart Ball is something that’s hard to give a first impression as this was my “nemesis” during my time at the Tour Striker Academy.  The construction and materials used haven’t changed, at least that I can tell, since the school.  This training aid will definitely take some work, but is always well worth it!

SmartBallwithSleeve.jpg.43c5705e81d9cc188e814346bc0ad4c1.jpg

Smart Ball Sleeve - 9/10

The sleeve definitely intrigues me.  One downfall of the Smart Ball was that I hated having to keep repositioning it with each swing.  This definitely solves that and I’m curious what other uses this opens up for the Smart Ball.  I will note that you need to make sure you position the Smart Ball in the sleeve strategically as the neck strap loop will get stuck and create problems if it’s under a strap.

Tour Striker Toolbox - 10/10

Out of the training aids that I’ve had experience with this was the one I was most excited to own!  There were definitely some updates from when I last used it at the school.  It appears that the tick marks were added and the end cap was changed to more of a quick release rather than a screw in.  I may have just not remembered the tick marks, or they may have just been wore out from all the uses at the school, but I love it! 

Toolbox.jpg.0eb34b3f22adb0e405cca19bb95c0b00.jpg

Educator (Bonus Item) - 9/10

When we saw the first shipment, we noticed a surprise item of the Educator!  The Educator was also an aid that I used at the school.  I will say that it has definitely been overhauled since I last used it.  The overhaul was 100% for the better.  The Educator is thicker and feels more high quality.  The biggest upgrade is the way it attaches.  The one I used at the school had to be placed inside the hole in your grip.  It now clamps on which I feel will be more secure.

Educator.jpg.4d23eb57e512f288b764dc00024d4482.jpg

Today I took the 7i and Toolbox to use for warming up on the range before a round.  I will say that I absolutely love the Toolbox, but it's interesting to carry from the car to the range.  It's a bit awkward to fit into the bag and it's definitely something you'll have to drop at the car before you start your round. I still think it's worth it though.  I will note for the 7i that it really over dramatizes the shaft lean, so I can only use it for so long before I need to back it off a bit.

ToolboxinBag.jpg.e3d4608445d6ecd12c63aea664b578a4.jpg

7iontheRange.jpg.8a5e961f4cd2ec0a0f73af47947add83.jpg

On 9/3/2024 at 3:36 AM, goaliewales14 said:

Introduction

Hello fellow spies!  I want to thank MGS and Tour Striker for this amazing testing opportunity!  For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Mike, or Goaliewales14.  I live in Indiana with my amazing wife of almost 12 years. 

LeslieandI.jpg.3a9b7c7d9edc974c310bdb25f3d08567.jpg

If you guys don’t know, I was first introduced to Tour Striker with my first ever review for MGS.  I had the extreme honor to review Martin Chuck’s Tour Striker Academy.  I’ll post the link below in case anyone would like to see how some of these products are used during lessons.

That being said, I do have some previous experience with these products such as the Smart Ball and Toolkit.  I will note that the Smart Ball did not have the sleeve when I used it, so that will be a new experience for me.

I owe a lot to Martin and MGS for where my golf game is today.  The Tour Striker Academy completely rebuilt my swing for the better.  Since then, I’ve also purchased the Planemate and Martin’s Simple Strike Sequence.  This has led me to win three tournaments in the past two years.  It all started because MGS and Martin picked me to review the Tour Striker Academy.  Here’s a short video just to show how dramatic my swing has changed since that all started.

Testing

With there being multiple different training aids, my plan for testing and grading is to focus on each of them individually.  That means I will try to do the protocols one product at a time to truly understand the intent of each of the aids and what they are trying to show/correct.  This also means that I will be scoring each of the individually and then take the average score as the “total score” for the bundle.  With some of the products that I've previously used due to the Tour Striker Academy, I will also try to compare the protocols to how they were used in person.

Will you do a NEW Video update on the swing? 

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

18 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Today I took the 7i and Toolbox to use for warming up on the range before a round.  I will say that I absolutely love the Toolbox, but it's interesting to carry from the car to the range.  It's a bit awkward to fit into the bag and it's definitely something you'll have to drop at the car before you start your round. I still think it's worth it though.  I will note for the 7i that it really over dramatizes the shaft lean, so I can only use it for so long before I need to back it off a bit.

ToolboxinBag.jpg.e3d4608445d6ecd12c63aea664b578a4.jpg

7iontheRange.jpg.8a5e961f4cd2ec0a0f73af47947add83.jpg

These are two of my favorite aids so far.. like you I find them too clumsy to be on course.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

I didn't have the chance to make it to the range today due to appointments, but I did spend a chunk of time swinging the impact sling before I left this morning and more when I got home. I definitely appreciate being able to simulate a tempo'd swinging motion on days like today where I was short on time but still wanted to get some sort of practice in. Back to the range tomorrow though!

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

7 hours ago, billpierce said:

Will you do a NEW Video update on the swing? 

Definitely!  I have some after using the Smart Ball and FlexClick, but I feel like nothing changed too much there.  I feel a little more changes with the 7i though.  I'll do a few more swing updates as we go and will definitely do a "final" swing video at the end.

7 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Definitely!  I have some after using the Smart Ball and FlexClick, but I feel like nothing changed too much there.  I feel a little more changes with the 7i though.  I'll do a few more swing updates as we go and will definitely do a "final" swing video at the end.

Did you use the toolbox before?  I am loving the feedback and versatility.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

Just walked away from one of the worst range sessions I've ever had using the Flexclick and the 7i. Couldn't use either this morning while following the protocols. Something was not clicking with the Flexclick (pun intended). And while I was able to get good swings while using the Tour Striker 7i, it did not translate to my normal clubs. My swinging motion just gets thrown way off when trying to think about using the training aids. Too many intrusive thoughts "remember to hit the sweet spot", "remember to flex your wrist", "there is no click but you should feel the same sensation". None of which have fully translated into any changes and have so far been a detriment to my swing. It is quite frustrating. More testing to be done as I'm sure this is part of the growing pains. Have to break your swing to correct it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Video added

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

6 hours ago, billpierce said:

Did you use the toolbox before?  I am loving the feedback and versatility.

I used the toolbox the entire time at the Tour Striker Academy!  We even had a morning yoga/stretching session with it on the 2nd day to help loosen us up a bit.  

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Just walked away from one of the worst range sessions I've ever had using the Flexclick and the 7i. Couldn't use either this morning while following the protocols. Something was not clicking with the Flexclick (pun intended). And while I was able to get good swings while using the Tour Striker 7i, it did not translate to my normal clubs. My swinging motion just gets thrown way off when trying to think about using the training aids. Too many intrusive thoughts "remember to hit the sweet spot", "remember to flex your wrist", "there is no click but you should feel the same sensation". None of which have fully translated into any changes and have so far been a detriment to my swing. It is quite frustrating. More testing to be done as I'm sure this is part of the growing pains. Have to break your swing to correct it 🤷🏽‍♂️

This was me when I first started using these aids for the first time!  You definitely have to go through a "frustration period" before you notice the true benefits.  What helped me through was just making small or 70% swings just to ensure the feel with my normal irons.  If I did full swings then I just kept getting more and more frustrated.  You got this though!!

54 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I used the toolbox the entire time at the Tour Striker Academy!  We even had a morning yoga/stretching session with it on the 2nd day to help loosen us up a bit.  

This was me when I first started using these aids for the first time!  You definitely have to go through a "frustration period" before you notice the true benefits.  What helped me through was just making small or 70% swings just to ensure the feel with my normal irons.  If I did full swings then I just kept getting more and more frustrated.  You got this though!!

Change is hard!  Even with progress will come a step backward. 

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

6 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I tried to slow down video but its hard. All positions looked solid perhaps a tiny shallow then outward at end but cant really tell!  Key is when you go back to real clubs, is it engraining better positions?

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

Thanks for the support guys! Yeah it's hard having bad days, but I understand that means the Tour Strikers are probably doing what they're supposed to be doing. Doesn't make it any more fun as you can tell by my off the cuff reaction 😂

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

4 minutes ago, billpierce said:

I think more than anything, it is commanding my attention more when I'm addressing the ball. I'm a lot more focused on trying to properly set up the head of the club, which I am perhaps not doing correctly yet.

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

58 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I think more than anything, it is commanding my attention more when I'm addressing the ball. I'm a lot more focused on trying to properly set up the head of the club, which I am perhaps not doing correctly yet.

hard to tell from the video, but I thought the Takeaway looked perfect …even halfway back looks perfect

Edited by billpierce

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Keep in mind I am not a coach and have no input on what to do to fix things

in the backswing you seem to have the face really closed and really haven’t turned the right hip back. 

IMG_0288.png.b6206c8f3ef5991094ce1539acb54dd9.png

this is the start of the downswing, still no hip turn and you have gotten extremely steep on the downswing   

IMG_0290.png.457bc5fce6ef46aabd0b153a1e8b1480.png

here’s impact  you have early extended to make room for the arms   

IMG_0291.png.ca32ebeb6ba57257d0dc8f9a39a773f7.png

watch the first 5 seconds of this video to see what I am talking about and compare  the positions.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Keep in mind I am not a coach and have no input on what to do to fix things

in the backswing you seem to have the face really closed and really haven’t turned the right hip back. 

IMG_0288.png.b6206c8f3ef5991094ce1539acb54dd9.png

this is the start of the downswing, still no hip turn and you have gotten extremely steep on the downswing   

IMG_0290.png.457bc5fce6ef46aabd0b153a1e8b1480.png

here’s impact  you have early extended to make room for the arms   

IMG_0291.png.ca32ebeb6ba57257d0dc8f9a39a773f7.png

watch the first 5 seconds of this video to see what I am talking about and compare  the positions.   

I appreciate you making those points, I believe when I had previously taken lessons it was mentioned that my hip movement was non-existent and it is something that I still struggle with. The first 5 seconds sums up what I was going for and not properly executing without a doubt. Thanks @cnosil!

WITB

Forum Member Reviews:

9 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I appreciate you making those points, I believe when I had previously taken lessons it was mentioned that my hip movement was non-existent and it is something that I still struggle with. The first 5 seconds sums up what I was going for and not properly executing without a doubt. Thanks @cnosil!

Maybe this will help with the hip turn?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Another really bad range session today using the Tour Striker Smartball and Toolbox. 1/4, 1/2 and full swings were completely a no go while using the training ball. I found myself topping the balls again which is kind of a trend that I'm noticing with the training aids. Not sure if it's my comfort zone being pushed through my swing or what. But not much has felt right or in any way consistent so far with any of the Training Aids. This leads me to say, there is a lot more work to be done and get through the growing pains. 

IMG20241017082902.jpg.6634c12e1b2a7fc70f719d2e51f9f074.jpg

WITB

Forum Member Reviews: