Hitting into group on the green?

chisag

... The Rory drive yesterday rolling on the green that annoyed Robert McIntyre lining up his putt. There are extremes to this question but I have never understood those that frown on such a shot. 

... Where you play and what kind of course you play factors into this I think. Back in the midwest it was very rare for a 2nd shot on a par 5 to land 20yds short and roll on the green due to the soft fairway conditions. But here in the desert shots can easily roll 30 yds or more. It can be brutal waiting behind a group that won't hit until those 300yds or more in front of them clear the fairway or green before hitting a 180 yds shot resulting in a 4:30 to 5 hr round. The only thing worse is someone flying a ball into your group when they know that at a minimum they have a chance of doing just that with their best shot. 

... I never mind a ball gently rolling to where I am in the fairway or on the green from a golfer that knows their max distance and would never risk hitting into a group. We played in front of 4 DI players and they constantly het near us but never into us because they knew their distances.  "Hitting into a group" for me means a ball landing on the fly near us, bouncing into us or rolling at a high speed after landing just short of us. I do not consider it hitting into us if the ball is slowly rolling and barely reaches us. I just think "nice shot". I have played with people that get annoyed and one guy hit the ball back at the group when it rolled on the front of a par 5 while we were putting to a middle pin coming nowhere near us. 🙄

... Admittedly there can be a fine line and one should always err on the side of caution and wait even of there is a remote chance of reaching a group in front of you. But slow play is more of an issue in my experience and waiting for the group in front while there is a group behind you impatiently waiting because you hit one drive in 2009 around 280 yds but haven't reached 219 yds since is no picnic either. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Never minded the roll up to the general vicinity behind me but anything in the air, bouncing, or scooting along on the ground to in front of me is generally grounds to have a conversation with the following group.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The Rory drive yesterday rolling on the green that annoyed Robert McIntyre lining up his putt. There are extremes to this question but I have never understood those that frown on such a shot. 

... Where you play and what kind of course you play factors into this I think. Back in the midwest it was very rare for a 2nd shot on a par 5 to land 20yds short and roll on the green due to the soft fairway conditions. But here in the desert shots can easily roll 30 yds or more. It can be brutal waiting behind a group that won't hit until those 300yds or more in front of them clear the fairway or green before hitting a 180 yds shot resulting in a 4:30 to 5 hr round. The only thing worse is someone flying a ball into your group when they know that at a minimum they have a chance of doing just that with their best shot. 

... I never mind a ball gently rolling to where I am in the fairway or on the green from a golfer that knows their max distance and would never risk hitting into a group. We played in front of 4 DI players and they constantly het near us but never into us because they knew their distances.  "Hitting into a group" for me means a ball landing on the fly near us, bouncing into us or rolling at a high speed after landing just short of us. I do not consider it hitting into us if the ball is slowly rolling and barely reaches us. I just think "nice shot". I have played with people that get annoyed and one guy hit the ball back at the group when it rolled on the front of a par 5 while we were putting to a middle pin coming nowhere near us. 🙄

... Admittedly there can be a fine line and one should always err on the side of caution and wait even of there is a remote chance of reaching a group in front of you. But slow play is more of an issue in my experience and waiting for the group in front while there is a group behind you impatiently waiting because you hit one drive in 2009 around 280 yds but haven't reached 219 yds since is no picnic either. 

I admit to disagreeing with Chi on this one.

I think people, recreational players for sure
and now possibly high competition level players as well,
are in too much of a hurry when playing golf.

I love to watch "Golfmates" on YouTube.

The group playing always goes to each ball individually
and everybody watches everybody else's shot and then proceeds to the next one.

I know that doesn't fly with most people here,
but if we're being honest,
that's how golf is the most fun for me.

Edited by RetiredBoomer

I always look at it as if I am on the green on a Par 4, for example, and someone drives the green, I never get upset. That’s one heck of a shot and odds are there was no ill intention. 

I’ve only gotten truly upset a couple times, and one was when I had my oldest son out with me and the group behind us consistently hit the ball too close, and at one time hit it OVER our heads. That was totally unacceptable and they had to have known what they were doing. We were really not playing slow, and they had been close enough to us that they could see I had my CHILD with me. We never got hit, which is very lucky for them, as we’d have had some serious problems. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

4 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I think people, recreational players for sure
and now possibly high competition level players as well,
are in too much of a hurry when playing golf.

The group playing always goes to each ball individually
and everybody watches everybody else's shot and then proceeds to the next one.

I know that doesn't fly with most people here,
but if we're being honest,
that's how golf is the most fun for me.

... Well RB when you own your own golf course you can play at whatever pace you like. 😇  But golf is s shared experience and you have an obligation to keep pace with everyone else on the golf course. That said the opposite holds true for those wanting to play faster than a course's suggested pace of play and it is rude to be openly impatient when the group in front is on a 4hr pace with no open holes in front of them. 

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I always look at it as if I am on the green on a Par 4, for example, and someone drives the green, I never get upset. That’s one heck of a shot and odds are there was no ill intention. 

I’ve only gotten truly upset a couple times, and one was when I had my oldest son out with me and the group behind us consistently hit the ball too close, and at one time hit it OVER our heads. That was totally unacceptable and they had to have known what they were doing. We were really not playing slow, and they had been close enough to us that they could see I had my CHILD with me. We never got hit, which is very lucky for them, as we’d have had some serious problems. 

... That's really dangerous and of course isn't a fine line at all. It has happened to me a few times through the years but it is extremely rare. And when they were confronted they didn't take it well because anyone that does that more than once just isn't someone you can talk to rationally anyway and I imagine they have other issues way from the course. I am also guessing the vast majority of the time alcohol in excess is involved. 

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well RB when you own your own golf course you can play at whatever pace you like. 😇  But golf is s shared experience and you have an obligation to keep pace with everyone else on the golf course. That said the opposite holds true for those wanting to play faster than a course's suggested pace of play and it is rude to be openly impatient when the group in front is on a 4hr pace with no open holes in front of them. 

I agree with that, I suppose, Chi.
I appreciate that everybody doesn't have five hours to play golf.
I do get that, and that's why every venue isn't ideal for me.

I, however, do have all the time in the world as do my friends. 
We play on weekday mornings, we ride,
and while it doesn't usually take five hours,
it is our club
and that's how the current owner's dad 
played with his friends as well back before he died.

I don't really see you as a YouTube watcher, admittedly,
but if you ever watch Golfmates,
you'll see how much fun it is 
for friends to play together as a group
and compliment or jokingly trash talk each other's shots.

15 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I agree with that, I suppose, Chi.
I appreciate that everybody doesn't have five hours to play golf.
I do get that, and that's why every venue isn't ideal for me.

I, however, do have all the time in the world as do my friends. 
We play on weekday mornings, we ride,
and while it doesn't usually take five hours,
it is our club
and that's how the current owner's dad 
played with his friends as well back before he died.

I don't really see you as a YouTube watcher, admittedly,
but if you ever watch Golfmates,
you'll see how much fun it is 
for friends to play together as a group
and compliment or jokingly trash talk each other's shots.

... Yup, not a social media watcher or podcast listener but I can see where that would be fun IF we had the course to ourselves and we were riding or IF the suggested pace was 4.5 hours. I have posted before when my 82 yr old and I had the course to ourselves last spring we did just that when possible and played in just under 4 hours. We set our own pace because it was 103* and we were in no hurry. I play a tee box behind him but am usually a good 20-50yds ahead of him, so if we are on a similar line we can walk together, but if he is on the right side of the fairway and I am on left side, we aren't walking extra to each others ball. 

Having played in two different regions (and none out west), I have to say there are days I felt like a target because I’m golfing as a woman. I do get the eye rolls and often fine myself putting on the green alone while the threesome I was put with by the starter went to the next tee. There are some rude entitled peeps who play this game, which I find funny since I only play public courses. 

Getting hit into - and the ball landing near enough to count, not dry conditions roll - is not unusual, happened a few times a year but seems to be less often past couple of years. I bought a cart with bright orange wheels and I park it sideways in the fairway. If I’m walking, you can’t claim you didn’t see me!

Thankfully today this is a rare occurrence but I’ve also learned to play fast. And play the courses where my skirt doesn’t draw ire. And sadly it’s a driving factor in my desire to break 90 so I can be in the minority of golfers who have.

Edited by ClevelandGirl

Titleist TSR1, Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 3-4-5 hybrids, TaylorMade Qi10 irons 6i-P, Cleveland RTX wedges 54 and 58, SeeMore OG FSG blade, yet helpless without my ShotScope V5.

3 hours ago, ClevelandGirl said:

Having played in two different regions (and none out west), I have to say there are days I felt like a target because I’m golfing as a woman. I do get the eye rolls and often fine myself putting on the green alone while the threesome I was put with by the starter went to the next tee. There are some rude entitled peeps who play this game, which I find funny since I only play public courses. 

Getting hit into - and the ball landing near enough to count, not dry conditions roll - is not unusual, happened a few times a year but seems to be less often past couple of years. I bought a cart with bright orange wheels and I park it sideways in the fairway. If I’m walking, you can’t claim you didn’t see me!

Thankfully today this is a rare occurrence but I’ve also learned to play fast. And play the courses where my skirt doesn’t draw ire. And sadly it’s a driving factor in my desire to break 90 so I can be in the minority of golfers who have.

Too bad you can't play with us, ClevelandGirl.

We may be roughly the age of your grandfather, for all I know,
but you'd certainly be welcome, microskirt and all.   

3 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Too bad you can't play with us, ClevelandGirl.

We may be roughly the age of your grandfather, for all I know,
but you'd certainly be welcome, microskirt and all.   

Ha, I’m in my 50s so no worries on the age thing. But deffo no microskirts! If I’m ever your way, we’ll tee up. 

Titleist TSR1, Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 3-4-5 hybrids, TaylorMade Qi10 irons 6i-P, Cleveland RTX wedges 54 and 58, SeeMore OG FSG blade, yet helpless without my ShotScope V5.

3 hours ago, ClevelandGirl said:

... I LOVE playing with women. Great conversations and as you stated, they tend to play faster than average because some yahoo's don't think women belong on golf courses 🙄  something I will never understand. Unfortunately my home course is prohibitively long from the forward tees so we have very few women play there. The wife of one of my snowbird pards from Canada plays with us once or twice a week and I always enjoy those rounds. But it is a tough course for her and she can't reach most of the par 4's in 2 or three of the par 5's in 3. Doesn't bother her that it is quite a bit longer than her CC back in Canada that is about 500yds shorter (I only heard her complain once when I first started playing with them) so she just hits her best shots and repeats til she gets to the green and she plays faster than any of us. 

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I LOVE playing with women. Great conversations and as you stated, they tend to play faster than average because some yahoo's don't think women belong on golf courses 🙄  something I will never understand. Unfortunately my home course is prohibitively long from the forward tees so we have very few women play there. The wife of one of my snowbird pards from Canada plays with us once or twice a week and I always enjoy those rounds. But it is a tough course for her and she can't reach most of the par 4's in 2 or three of the par 5's in 3. Doesn't bother her that it is quite a bit longer than her CC back in Canada that is about 500yds shorter (I only heard her complain once when I first started playing with them) so she just hits her best shots and repeats til she gets to the green and she plays faster than any of us. 

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack your thread! It’s just a weird phenomenon sometimes. And for long courses I just adjust my expectations. Long courses are frustrating, but if I can get close to the green in three, then I can try for bogey at least. Nothing wrong with bogey ball! 😁 My cousin’s home course has what we call a par7 so I understand perfectly!

2 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Great.   Only in your fifties?

We NEED a kid in the group.

Hahaha I’ll take that role!

7 minutes ago, ClevelandGirl said:

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack your thread! It’s just a weird phenomenon sometimes.

... No apology needed as I always feel posts and threads can take a turn at any time and usually equally interesting. 

5 hours ago, chisag said:

I’ve had it happen to me and I’ve done it. Only bad reaction I’ve had was in our club championship this year. Drove the green at 325, the women in front of us actually hit my ball off the green into the trees. We were left speechless. They wouldn’t even look at us on the next hole and played as fast as they could the rest of the round. Cost me three strokes as I didn’t know the rule. Yes there’s a rule in USGA.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

12 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I’ve had it happen to me and I’ve done it.

... Yup, I was playing a course for the first time and about 10 yds farther than the 250 marker so I hit a 5 wood short of the green as my 5 wood was my 215-220 yd club. But it was measured at a right angle and not the direct path I took and my ball landed about 5 yds short and rolled right past two women on the green putting. They stopped looked back and pointed at us, then after they putted out they jumped in their carts and headed right for us. "Oh Boy" this is gonna be unpleasant but I was ready to take my scolding and at least let them know I completely misunderstood the yardage and it wouldn't happen again and I was really sorry. 

... They pulled up and one of them said "Who hit that shot on the green?" I said "I did and please ..." was all I got out before her friend said "What an awesome shot! We play here 3 times a week and have never seen anyone hit it on that green in two shots and we wanted to tell you how impressed we are." And then they gave me a high five, got back in their cart and drove to the next tee. 🤪  Absolutely not the response I was expecting. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yup, I was playing a course for the first time and about 10 yds farther than the 250 marker so I hit a 5 wood short of the green as my 5 wood was my 215-220 yd club. But it was measured at a right angle and not the direct path I took and my ball landed about 5 yds short and rolled right past two women on the green putting. They stopped looked back and pointed at us, then after they putted out they jumped in their carts and headed right for us. "Oh Boy" this is gonna be unpleasant but I was ready to take my scolding and at least let them know I completely misunderstood the yardage and it wouldn't happen again and I was really sorry. 

... They pulled up and one of them said "Who hit that shot on the green?" I said "I did and please ..." was all I got out before her friend said "What an awesome shot! We play here 3 times a week and have never seen anyone hit it on that green in two shots and we wanted to tell you how impressed we are." And then they gave me a high five, got back in their cart and drove to the next tee. 🤪  Absolutely not the response I was expecting. 

Certainly wished that would have happened to me. I went from an eagle opportunity to a bogey. 

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

1 minute ago, Erin B said:

Certainly wished that would have happened to me. I went from an eagle opportunity to a bogey. 

... It was one in a million. You got screwed.  

Our course has a lot of blind tee shots and most don't ride up to see if anyone is there. We get hit into quite often but most of the time it's a rolling up behind you shot and not in the air. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

It's been a couple months since I was last hit into, or past as the case was.  Was setting up for my third shot on the second fairway when a ball landed 15 yards in front and to the left.  My partner expressed concern.  I didn't feel any concern, but I'm not "normal" because a golf ball is not deadly fire unless it hits the skull at a critical point.  And it missed us.

I know what it is to be a target for someone using deadly fire and for whatever reason those who were aiming for me missed.  The younger male golfers behind us were definitely not aiming for us so chances of being hit were about as good as them getting a hole in one.

The young man made sure to talk to me when he got close with a profuse apology.  Maybe my ACU camouflage bag with military appearance encouraged it but I think not, it was a magnanimous statement that was easy to accept with a smile and assurance back that he was forgiven and not to worry.  Just from his demeanor I knew he was not going to do it again.

Golf is my peaceful place, unless someone is really disagreeable, there is nothing to get me upset on a course.  The disagreeable ones too cannot get me upset but I will make sure at the first opportunity to let them go ahead of me so they can focus on someone else.  Then again one of my regular playing partners loves to push the stress card ensuring the disagreeable one feels the sting of someone ready to take them on. 

He knows it is not good to trigger my stress response and he usually backs off, and then the combination of our two personalities usually has the disagreeable one(s) rethinking their own safety in the situation... never put two Scout Dad's in a position where they can play off each other at the expense of the one who brings up their ire, or is it?  When the response comes back with kindness and a smile when something else is logical, it tends to be most unnerving 😉 and psychological operations may or may not have been some of my favorite military tactics.

Edited by EasyPutter

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~25 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 
MGSlogoTinyNB.png.fa77eb3941d9cd5773ab070e0e4ccaa3.png WITB ( That's Linked ⚡ as is everything underlined )
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)
O'Donnell Triumph Maraging (15) (27)Ginty Trouble Club 
1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)
|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  
|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png
|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 
|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:
⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  
💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder
logo.png.c25fdfc951d475dbbec9802860ad02bd.png Member 295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 
Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

42 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Was setting up for my third shot on the second fairway when a ball landed 15 yards in front and to the left.  My partner expressed concern.  I didn't feel any concern, but I'm not "normal" because a golf ball is not deadly fire unless it hits the skull at a critical point. 

... Not on the course when playing, but I saw a women get hit by a Tom Weiscopf drive right on her wristbone and it shattered. The screaming in pain was awful and they took her away in an ambulance. I later found she would need reconstruction and would never have the same use of that wrist again. So a golf ball may not kill you, but it can do some serious damage that can change your quality of life. 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not on the course when playing, but I saw a women get hit by a Tom Weiscopf drive right on her wristbone and it shattered. The screaming in pain was awful and they took her away in an ambulance. I later found she would need reconstruction and would never have the same use of that wrist again. So a golf ball may not kill you, but it can do some serious damage that can change your quality of life. 

Don’t disagree, I’ve been hit before. When I hit my drive I didn’t expect it to carry the green. But to have someone hit the ball into trees in a club championship is quite uncalled for, especially when they’re on the green and the players from the tee on a par 4 can take their shots.

13 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Don’t disagree, I’ve been hit before. When I hit my drive I didn’t expect it to carry the green. But to have someone hit the ball into trees in a club championship is quite uncalled for, especially when they’re on the green and the players from the tee on a par 4 can take their shots.

... If you are saying you "carried the ball onto the green" when they were putting I don't blame them for being furious. If you did* that gives them the right to confront you, call the clubhouse, alert a marshal or report you to an official. All that said it is childish to do anything to a ball in that situation other than marking it if it is in someone's line. I think doing it in a tournament is reason enough for her to be disqualified. 

*  I am guessing you didn't fly it into them and landed short and rolled on

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... If you are saying you "carried the ball onto the green" when they were putting I don't blame them for being furious. If you did* that gives them the right to confront you, call the clubhouse, alert a marshal or report you to an official. All that said it is childish to do anything to a ball in that situation other than marking it if it is in someone's line. I think doing it in a tournament is reason enough for her to be disqualified. 

*  I am guessing you didn't fly it into them and landed short and rolled on

Yeah, I don’t know to be honest. I can’t see that far anymore 😂. I didn’t mean to do it and normally don’t hit it that far on that hole. Water under the bridge now. I hold no animosity.