COBRA DS-Adapt and Wilson DYNAPWR Max on USGA List

GolfSpy_APH

image.png 

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/cobra-ds-adapt-and-wilson-dynapwr-max-on-usga-list/ 

image.png 

image.png

Tony noted the hosel has a QR code and based of other leaks we have seen on IG (remember please only post official photos, but all discussion is allowed). It would seem there is a new hosel for Cobra? I am sure we will learn more soon enough!

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

I'm not a super big fan when they change hosels but it will be interesting to see what it allows you to do with the positions. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

It could mean that they are having a opportunity to help promote club face path. Or it could mean that they may be having their own exclusive tip to prevent swapping shafts easily

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Interesting, guess we will have to see what they announce in regard to the QR code.

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Found some better pictures from the 2024 Shriner Open where the DS-Adapt driver was apparently on display/out for hands on looksy by visitors(no pics posted because I couldn't find any official USGA pics from the event with the info) and they have completely changed the Hosel Adapter set-up. It looks like they went the way of Titleist and have an AlphaNumeric combo code for the adapter that utilizes A-H plus #1-#8 settings on the dial on the two piece adpater, so that you can more fine tune the Loft/Lie to what you would more prefer to see your shot shaped too/counter your swing affects. 

Based on that, I'd bet the QR code is a link to the Settings Matrix plus a tutorial online that shows you the different settings you could have to get the club to bets fit your needs/swing and how to set the adapter settings for your needs. If it's not, it'll be needed though because with the A-H plus #1-#8 options, you could technically have 64 different settings for the same driver. 

Also interesting enough, I found a really good pic of the QR code, and it's currently locked if you try to read it with your phone/computer! You can't even use it to access the site or app that it leads too right now, so they really want to keep whatever is on the other side of the QR link private until they are ready for everyone to know what it's for.

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/cobra-ds-adapt-and-wilson-dynapwr-max-on-usga-list/ 

Tony noted the hosel has a QR code and based of other leaks we have seen on IG (remember please only post official photos, but all discussion is allowed). It would seem there is a new hosel for Cobra? I am sure we will learn more soon enough!

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

6 minutes ago, The TXBexar said:

Found some better pictures from the 2024 Shriner Open where the DS-Adapt driver was apparently on display/out for hands on looksy by visitors(no pics posted because I couldn't find any official USGA pics from the event with the info) and they have completely changed the Hosel Adapter set-up. It looks like they went the way of Titleist and have an AlphaNumeric combo code for the adapter that utilizes A-H plus #1-#8 settings on the dial on the two piece adpater, so that you can more fine tune the Loft/Lie to what you would more prefer to see your shot shaped too/counter your swing affects. 

Based on that, I'd bet the QR code is a link to the Settings Matrix plus a tutorial online that shows you the different settings you could have to get the club to bets fit your needs/swing and how to set the adapter settings for your needs. If it's not, it'll be needed though because with the A-H plus #1-#8 options, you could technically have 64 different settings for the same driver. 

Also interesting enough, I found a really good pic of the QR code, and it's currently locked if you try to read it with your phone/computer! You can't even use it to access the site or app that it leads too right now, so they really want to keep whatever is on the other side of the QR link private until they are ready for everyone to know what it's for.

That's a ton of setting options 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Didn't notice this until just now, but that rear weight on the Adapt X is 10 grams instead of 12 in the current Darkspeed X. I wonder if there's maybe any slight tech/weight change in the head itself? Because it largely looks like a rebranded Darkspeed X driver aside from the hosel change. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

54 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

That's a ton of setting options 

Yeah, honestly too many for most people to truly use properly. I'm betting thats what the QR code is for, to help people not freak out while trying to fiddle with it lol.

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)

15 minutes ago, The TXBexar said:

Yeah, honestly too many for most people to truly use properly. I'm betting thats what the QR code is for, to help people not freak out while trying to fiddle with it lol.

I found a photo of the adapter and the comments were they seemed to make the one adjustment attached so that means the shaft has to rotate as well unlike Titleist. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I found a photo of the adapter and the comments were they seemed to make the one adjustment attached so that means the shaft has to rotate as well unlike Titleist. 

Titleist shaft still has to rotate, though. Unless I've somehow been doing it wrong this entire time lol.

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Didn't notice this until just now, but that rear weight on the Adapt X is 10 grams instead of 12 in the current Darkspeed X. I wonder if there's maybe any slight tech/weight change in the head itself? Because it largely looks like a rebranded Darkspeed X driver aside from the hosel change. 

I did see in the pics that there is 2 versions, the DS-Adapt (black color print of the clubs name on bottom side of head) and the DS-Adapt-X (steel-blue color print of the clubs name on bottom side of head).

Both seem to have permanent Low-CG weighting imbedded in the bottom of the head, different then, but the the DS-Adapt actually has 3 replaceable weights in the bottom of the head (rear center, then toe-side & heel-side of the low-CG weighting, just behind the face by about 1/2") and the Adapt-X only has 2 weights in the bottom of the head (rear-center and Face-center behind the low-CG weighting, again just about 1/2" behind the face). Seems like they want some more versatility in trying to get the club to fit your swing better and help you perform better. 

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png 

image.png 

image.png

Honestly, the more I look into this club, the more it seems that Cobra went the way Porsche did with their GT3 RS, by providing a high performance option of an already good model that has tons of small minute optimizations to try and get the gear to exactly fit & benefit your exact wants and game style.

I've always been a fan of Cobra and their gears performance, but I'm now more curious then ever just what their plan is with this club and who its intended for, and the price point for that matter too. It seems like it could be a game changer in the drivers world, or end up an over-engineered & under-utilized club that doesn't pan out well with the average golfer because of it's over-daunting potential. 

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Titleist shaft still has to rotate, though. Unless I've somehow been doing it wrong this entire time lol.

You are correct.  I didn't catch that at all. Had to go look for myself just now. Haha. I did see on my Callaway shafts it does have the option to keep shaft from turning. 

17291063733554151654747468182411.jpg.54c4f75480f6f49894acbb832373aa66.jpg

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, William P said:

Interesting, guess we will have to see what they announce in regard to the QR code.

Honestly, now realizing just how much customization they have potentially offered being built into these clubs, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the QR link takes you to a VR site/app that turns your phone into a custom club optimization fitting app. All you would need to do is scan the link, set your phone up where the camera can fully view your ball-flight from as close to where you are hitting the ball as possible, then take 6-12 swings, and the site/app calculates your existing ball flight data (launch angle, Apex, Hook/Slice-ing or Draw/Fade-ing of the ball) and then gives you the settings & weight-adjustments it recommends you need to get your ball to fly the path/trajectory you want it to actually go (higher launch angle, fade to counter draw/draw to counter fade, etc.).

I wouldn't put it past Cobra to come up with some crazy cool tool like that, that's custom made for this driver. 

Edited by The TXBexar
dumb spelling and phrasing

22 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

You are correct.  I didn't catch that at all. Had to go look for myself just now. Haha. I did see on my Callaway shafts it does have the option to keep shaft from turning. 

Yes, that is where I think Callaway is ahead of most everyone else. while shaft position doesn't matter THAT much to me, I think it does to quite a few folks. The Surefit with Titleist rocks, but Callaway for sure got it right with Optifit.

#LeftyGang

18 minutes ago, The TXBexar said:

Honestly, now realizing just how much customization they have potentially offered being built into these clubs, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the QR link takes you to a VR site/app that turns your phone into a custom club optimization fitting app. All you would need to do is scan the link, set your phone up where the camera can fully view your ball-flight from as close to where you are hitting the ball as possible, then take 6-12 swings, and the site/app calculates your existing ball flight data (launch angle, Apex, Hook/Slice-ing or Draw/Fade-ing of the ball) and then gives you the settings & weight-adjustments it recommends you need to get your ball to fly the path/trajectory you want it to actually go (higher launch angle, fade to counter draw/draw to counter fade, etc.).

I wouldn't put it past Cobra to come up with some crazy cool tool like that, that's custom made for this driver. 

While this would be super cool, I don't honestly know that the camera on a phone would have the capability to do this on an accurate enough level. It would be sweet, though lol

#LeftyGang

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Yes, that is where I think Callaway is ahead of most everyone else. while shaft position doesn't matter THAT much to me, I think it does to quite a few folks. The Surefit with Titleist rocks, but Callaway for sure got it right with Optifit.

I mean the hope is always have a fit and stay on it but we know how well we all do that. Haha. 

But it does matter with certain grips on shaft direction. The align grips and jumbomax come with a seam on all but one grip. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

36 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

While this would be super cool, I don't honestly know that the camera on a phone would have the capability to do this on an accurate enough level. It would be sweet, though lol

Yeah, I don't think it would be too accurate for anything like speed & spin calculations, but take my Google Pixel phone (which is already 2 versions old now) for example; It can do motion tracking and object recognition all on its own with no input from myself besides just framing the camera for the shot & selecting the setting option for it to do it. And I know iPhones have the built in level with digital angle read out in them that's accurate enough to hang a shelf level for books.

Wouldn't need much more then that for an App to be able to tell the whether your ball flight seems low or high, and whether the ball trailed left or right instead of going straight. 

Edited by The TXBexar

17 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

On my titleist driver and woods adapters I can adjust the 2 cogs and not rotate the shaft. I line up the shaft mark and driver mark and adjust the cogs to line up to them.  Currently 16 setting combinations total.

titleist_910_driver_chart.jpg

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

16 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

On my titleist driver and woods adapters I can adjust the 2 cogs and not rotate the shaft. I line up the shaft mark and driver mark and adjust the cogs to line up to them.  Currently 16 setting combinations total.

titleist_910_driver_chart.jpg

You letters turn?  They aren't attached to the fitting?

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

You letters turn?  They aren't attached to the fitting?

For Titleist one part is fixed and the other part moves around. Depending on your setting you do need to adjust or spin the shaft. I have both the older and newer versions of the adapters and they are the same. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

I think this adjustability will be awesome for the X driver especially. I historically gravitate to the LS type models where I can move weight out to the toe, but having more options to dial in the more forgiving option could lead to real gains in performance/consistency.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 10/16/2024 at 6:36 AM, Josh Parker said:

I'm not a super big fan when they change hosels but it will be interesting to see what it allows you to do with the positions. 

From some of the other photos I saw leaked on Instagram it almost looks like the driver end is identical to the prior set up, so maybe old tips will still work, but won't allow the extra level of adjustment that this new setup will?

Interested to see what the official story ends up being from Cobra on this release.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

From some of the other photos I saw leaked on Instagram it almost looks like the driver end is identical to the prior set up, so maybe old tips will still work, but won't allow the extra level of adjustment that this new setup will?

Interested to see what the official story ends up being from Cobra on this release.

That would be good for the consumer.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter