Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, I wasn't trying to imply any wrong doing, just saying your friends are much more "loyal" than mine.

Third, what part of KY are you from?

Fourth, good luck to you as well.

Thanks, I'm from a small town called Hawesville but live in Owensboro. It's right across the river from Evansville, IN. How about you?

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I wrote perhaps the most eloquent piece of literature to ever grace the pages of the internet. But sadly it looks like I'll finish a few spots short of the top five.

Your screen name is very classy though, love me some South Park...

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Welcome James and good luck!

Thanks a bunch!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Thanks, I'm from a small town called Hawesville but live in Owensboro. It's right across the river from Evansville, IN. How about you?

I'm in Evansville, moved here from Owensboro (grew up in IL). My wife went to Wesleyan. Alright, so when you win this thing (because it's looking that way) we're going to have to get together to play, so I can see all your goodies.

I'm in Evansville, moved here from Owensboro (grew up in IL). My wife went to Wesleyan. Alright, so when you win this thing (because it's looking that way) we're going to have to get together to play, so I can see all your goodies.

Small world!!! Have u played Vic? I got to play it once last fall and it was amazing!!! What kind of work u do? I'm an RN and work 12 hour shifts, gives me a couple days to play during the week. Until the kids get a little older anyway...

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

And far from winning it, hope to keep accumulating them though. Be happy to play sometime!!! Actually playing in the Fendrich amateur on sept 8 and a scramble at Cambridge on the 19th.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

And far from winning it, hope to keep accumulating them though. Be happy to play sometime!!! Actually playing in the Fendrich amateur on sept 8 and a scramble at Cambridge on the 19th.

I just turned in my Fendrich Am form today. Did you play in the Tri State Am? I haven't played Vic, but I caddied for my cousin who played in the Nationwide event pro-am. Is Ben Hawes still in good shape, I played that course about 4 times a week when I lived there (and before I had kids).

I just turned in my Fendrich Am form today. Did you play in the Tri State Am? I haven't played Vic, but I caddied for my cousin who played in the Nationwide event pro-am. Is Ben Hawes still in good shape, I played that course about 4 times a week when I lived there (and before I had kids).

Fendrich is the 1st tourney I've really played in. Playing with D Vanover if u know him, he played a KWC one year and L Maxwell I think. Ben Hawes is in great shape this year, I live about a mile from it. If ur willing to shell out the $140, might be able to get u on Vic if u want one of these days. One of our reps is a member and said he would take me but I can't spend that much on a round of golf too often. Actually supposed to play it Fri but my brother gets married sat so I had to pass...

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm in the same boat as you (two young ones), so I don't get the time to enjoy paying $140 for a round of golf. I play the Evansville city courses and Rolling Hills the most; I actually live in Newburgh, about 1.5 miles from Victoria.

I hear Rolling Hills is great, I play Quail and Cambridge mostly over there. I have a buddy that is member at OCC but it's usually Hawes for me. I'll message sometime if we don't have a 4th at Hawes and u can join us if u want.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I was thinking of setting up a computer at church and then showing them how to vote on the big screan RR. :)

I've posted instructions for voting several different times - I've met with folks and told them how to - it's not so easy - it took me a couple of days to figure it out. I always tell them it doesnt take long it's just a little tricky.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

I was thinking of setting up a computer at church and then showing them how to vote on the big screan RR. :)

I've posted instructions for voting several different times - I've met with folks and told them how to - it's not so easy - it took me a couple of days to figure it out. I always tell them it doesnt take long it's just a little tricky.

Really tough to tell people how to do it on phones.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Really tough to tell people how to do it on phones.

I've yet to have anyone tell me they succeeded in voting on their phone.

EVNRoll ER 5

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

When will the finalists be announced?

EVNRoll ER 5

• SPY VIP

RevKev - First round ends tomorrow at midnight. We will then tally the votes and choose the 5 other staff picks and announce the finalists either Friday or Monday.

When will the finalists be announced?

#TruthDigest

RevKev - First round ends tomorrow at midnight. We will then tally the votes and choose the 5 other staff picks and announce the finalists either Friday or Monday.

Thanks guys appreciate that.

EVNRoll ER 5

JM.....you wrote exactly how I feel too. I even had a submission typed up and didn't bother to enter it.

I don't want to sound pissy or anything.....I'll just do what i can to win member of the month someday ;)

You are not alone in that thought, I am sure there are others that feel the exact same way.

I appreciate everything MGS does and the prize packages they give out, I am a From Member of the Month (FMOM) winner so I can't say much other then I never received my T-Shirt :lol:, I had to poke at T a little there.

I personally think FB as the host for the contest is more then acceptable. The exact rules on how FB voting gets 1st and 2nd place boggles my mind. I would have assumed that 3rd place would get the popularity vote win. and the 1st and 2nd would have been a panel of MGS staff to crown the "Tour Staff Member". I said this once before in another topic and got meet with hostility for just expressing my opinion on how I would tweak the contest. I think even when this started I didn't fully know the rules until 1/2 way into it. Once I figured out that it was not for MGS to be productive and just a popularity contest for gear I was like you and felt deflated and sort of started avoiding everything to do with the contest.

I just wanted to be a little PR with my original post because I know this is a great thing for some people out there that need / want the free stuff. I am just not that motivated to get votes since I don't really need / want much of the prize stuff... The MGS bag would be bad a$$ and the wedges, depending on the hybrid model might use those, the rest of it would get auctioned off or donated to the first tee that I knew I wouldn't be using if I wore to win. I figure someone out their needs the stuff more then I do.

So like I said once before in an attempt to be positive for the contest as a whole in giving away free gear... Good luck to those people that make round 2 voting...

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.0 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, March 2021
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B XS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

So will 2nd round voting start the day after finalists are announced and run to Sept 6? Thx!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I hope no nonsensical entries are in the top 5. Probably will happen, but I hope not. I had a few friends helping me out but there's no way I'm gonna get in the hundreds. I'm gunning for a staff pick!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• SPY VIP

I hope no nonsensical entries are in the top 5. Probably will happen, but I hope not. I had a few friends helping me out but there's no way I'm gonna get in the hundreds. I'm gunning for a staff pick!

But nonsensical was implied within the rules

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg