Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Giving hybrids one more shot...

Mr_Theoo

Do you think I should cut the shafts down to match my iron lengths since they are iron replacements?

I play mine 1/4" over the length of the iron they're replacing but YMMV. I'd definitely get them to a fitter to make sure you get loft and lie right on them. Most manufacturers IMO make them too long and it encourages people to swing flatter like a fairway when they shouldn't. The lies are too flat stock as well because of the longer shafts.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

That's interesting Rookie, I've had nothing but trouble with the Adams V4 that I've bagged for the last year or so - they are totally on the way out of my bag but in light of your comment I suspect that this has been an issue.  It's a real effort for me to swing those hybrids like irons.  I had no trouble doing that with the Idea Pros that they replaced and I certainly had no trouble doing it on the range today with the Callaway that I just picked up.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's interesting Rookie, I've had nothing but trouble with the Adams V4 that I've bagged for the last year or so - they are totally on the way out of my bag but in light of your comment I suspect that this has been an issue.  It's a real effort for me to swing those hybrids like irons.  I had no trouble doing that with the Idea Pros that they replaced and I certainly had no trouble doing it on the range today with the Callaway that I just picked up.

What Callaway?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I think I'm going old school/new school for hybrids this season.

I still love my Idea Pros in 20 & 23, and have some UST TourSpx VTS Red 100's I want to try in them. 

Nickent 3DX DC 20 & 23 need to get shafted up again too. Those are just great heads. Glad I held on to them.

The 913h 21/Phenom 100 stiff I picked up has been pretty good to me. Shaft isn't overly long. Head is just a little bigger/more forgiving and looks like a mini 5w. Haven't moved it from stock A-1 setting or anything. I'll have to mess around with it some more.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: have hit this club a few times during my last practice sessions. Definitely think a shorter shaft will be helpful for me to make better contact. Off the tee as it sits right now its a beast and has me thinking of getting a lower lofted on to replace the 3 wood.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

What Callaway?

X2hot pro.

I know but I need the extra jolt.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well the comment about a steel shaft is an interesting one, I find shaping the ball with graphite shafts hard and also struggle with what I'd call the stinger shot (off the back foot, head high, 175 yards into a strong wind).

So my well loved Cleveland Halo (18 degree) with an s300 shaft is in the bag, alongside an adams super XTD (22 degree). Shaft is also not long in the Halo. Also it's my go to bump and run club out of the fringe!

The cleveland is so versatile, also think this was the last good hybrid cleveland made. When I'm in the semi rough or I need to hit it in high then I go back to the adams.

When I put the halo in the bag, I take out my 4 iron.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

[quote name="Kenny B" post="154532" timestamp=

I'm looking for used heads now, but don't know if I should get the RBZ or try something else. What's a good 7W head?

Check out Tour edge exotics, they are legit, according a few of us

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

The first hybrid I got comfortable using, that finally knocked a 7 wood out of my bag is the original Cleveland Hibore 3 (NOT the XLS) and it's stayed in the bag ever since.  

I hit it every bit as long as any 7 wood I've used and it's SO much more flexible.

You can find them pretty cheap these days, too - http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cleveland-hibore-hybrid-3

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have a bio cell 2-3 hybrid and 3 & 4 Powerbilt AFO hybrids.....not all in the bag at the same time. Currently I have the two Powerbilts I the bag, followed by the Mizuno JPX fliHi 5....then 6-pw JPX 800 Pro's. While I don't get the distance with the 3H as I do with the Bio Cell, I do get height and accuracy. Right now I am trying for accuracy over distance.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

While I don't get the distance with the 3H as I do with the Bio Cell, I do get height and accuracy. Right now I am trying for accuracy over distance.

Heresy!!!!!  :-))

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

When I was fitted, my longest iron was a 5i and my next club to fit the gap was a 5H, not the 4H.

I would also make sure that cutting down the shaft doesn't adversely affect your lie angle.

Good call. I don't carry a hybrid anymore, but for gap reasons, I dropped down a club when adding a hybrid to my bag. A 4i and 3h combo would leave too much of a gap between clubs. 4i with a 4h worked best for me.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Well the comment about a steel shaft is an interesting one, I find shaping the ball with graphite shafts hard and also struggle with what I'd call the stinger shot (off the back foot, head high, 175 yards into a strong wind).

So my well loved Cleveland Halo (18 degree) with an s300 shaft is in the bag, alongside an adams super XTD (22 degree). Shaft is also not long in the Halo. Also it's my go to bump and run club out of the fringe!

The cleveland is so versatile, also think this was the last good hybrid cleveland made. When I'm in the semi rough or I need to hit it in high then I go back to the adams.

When I put the halo in the bag, I take out my 4 iron.

You lost me on hitting a stinger off your back foot. You need to be forward for that, even more so than a normal shot.

Edit: Just realized you may have meant the ball off your back foot. I tho't you meant your weight back.

And all along I thought you needed Vodka for a stinger. 

You learn something new every day here. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I rarely use my 4 iron. My 3 hybrid is awesome. I can hit it high and land it around 210 or can really swing hard at it and go 250. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived