Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

14 Clubs or Not?

jbil8802

That's part of my problem. I have 5 SCORs from 42 to 58, and I could probably hit most any shot around the green with any of them; even some bunker shots. What club should I pick? Bump and run a 46 or fly the 56 halfway to the hole? So, I decide... I going to bump and run the 46. Then I fly it halfway to the hole, resulting in a really long putt coming back if I'm lucky or another chip if I'm not. If I just played one wedge all the time, I would vary the length of the shot by the distance to the pin. I used to do that but my coach wanted me to use clubs based on the percent fly vs roll. I understand the concept, but I lack consistent execution.

I want more clubs for specific longer shots. My short game stays relatively the same no matter what. 58* manipulated to take care of whatever the need or shot may require. Unless it's a bump and run then I pull 50* and use that.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• SPY VIP

I'm a big fan of 15-16. I have two 4 irons I like to carry for different situations. One is for just teeing the ball up and playing into par 3's, the other anything off grass. Then sometimes as a16th I'll bag the 53° as there's too many situations where 52° doesn't quite cut it. Some question why I carry the 52° at all, but cmon that's just common sense.

- sent from space

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm a big fan of 15-16. I have two 4 irons I like to carry for different situations. One is for just teeing the ball up and playing into par 3's, the other anything off grass. Then sometimes as a16th I'll bag the 53° as there's too many situations where 52° doesn't quite cut it. Some question why I carry the 52° at all, but cmon that's just common sense.

- sent from space

If it fits in the bag it can go to the course lol

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived