Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

[Issue] App search feature

STUDque

This is either a known issue or user error. But for me, the in-app search function rarely pulls up posts at all. If it does, it'll pull up a bunch of random threads not even remotely related to my search. As a result, I've accidentally created a few duplicate threads.

Example: I was trying to find the "how/what did you practice today?" thread. I tried "how/what" and "what/how" to no avail. One or both of those inquiries probably should've gotten a hit. Ended up sifting way down the list of existing threads to find it.

It's not a huge deal because I don't mind sifting down for threads I've participated in, but it makes it difficult to find historical posts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I don't know how to make the search better, but I think it's a limitation of the app and also the same when searching from the website.

I also have better luck using google and searching "mygolfspy __________" insert whatever thread you are looking for.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Yeah. It's easy to take Google's functionality for granted and forget all of the awesome power they've got working behind the scenes.

Not sure if this is in your budget but I've seen other forums embed an established search engine. It'll be like "search powered by Yahoo" or something to that effect and I believe it essentially does what you already suggested for the Google search without having to leave the page.

Ends up being a nice work around to offload any tech support required to maintain the search function. I know those things can be tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived