jdiddyesquire

Texas Open This Fall

Crickets. BK has thrown out Oct 17 or Nov 7. Anyone object to those?

I know it will be hard to find a weekend EVERYONE can make it, so if your original date works best my feelings won't be hurt :-))

So lets try it like this:

Oct 17 at The Falls Golf Course. 

Oct 17 at a course to be named in San Antonio with a Hula BBQ after.

Oct 17 at a course to be named in Austin.

Oct 17 at Diamondback in Abilene.

please indicate which dates you could/would play. whatever gets the most, is the place and time of the Texas Open. 

OK, so far:

Oct 17 at The Falls Golf Course. (Diddy) (Bogey)

Oct 17 at a course to be named in San Antonio with a Hula BBQ after. (Diddy) (Bogey)

Oct 17 at a course to be named in Austin.(Diddy) (Bogey)

Oct 17 at Diamondback in Abilene.(Diddy) (Bogey, if we got more than 6 to commit)

Who else???????

Abilene is a stretch if three guys in south Texas.....

I'd only do it if a bunch of NOrth Texas folks jumped in.

How many of us are Houston area?  Just me? 

First choice would be Falls, but happy to go to Hula's, especially if I'm the only one from the SE.

Based on BKs post and Hula's willingness to cook, I am now proposing a San Antonio course be chosen. With Diddy and Hula down there, I would leave it up to them. So it looks like we have 4 for this. I would like to see more, but like has been pointed out, SA isn't exactly central for all.

I will say that the last Texas Open wasn't centrally located either. Had I been a member of MGS at that time I would have made the drive. I would love to meet a bunch of you guys. The more players we book, the better the possible deal from the course.

So I've said my two cents worth.

I've got an idea for 2016 Bogey. Since Texas is so big and it's difficult to get a group together; how about having a series of 1 day qualifying matches culminating in a Championship in the fall. For example.... starting in early summer have a match in San Antonio. Later on another in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area. Perhaps another say in Abilene. Give everyone plenty of time and certain dates and course where each event will be held. Then finally a Championship where the first and second place finishers from each qualifier match play for the Texas MGS Championship. The 2 day Championship would be held at a central location. All other "qualifiers" would be held closer to home. I'd bet that's doable. I'd give it a go.

It's that's too much than just have one 2-day Fall Championship centrally located where everyone could drive easily and spend one night over. It just takes more planning and time for everyone to arrange their personal schedules. More discussion?