Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Autographs

Jmikecpa

Many years ago I went to the Fred Meyer Challenge in Portland, Oregon.  It was Peter Jacobson's team charity event and not a tour event.  All the big guys at the time were there: Jack, Arnie, Fuzzy, Greg Norman, John Daly.  Jake did his imitation of Arnie's swing, and the King and the Bear wowed the crowd with some trick shots.  Daly launched his driver over the top of the stands; someone could have died if he thinned it!  It was a fun tournament because the players were under no tour pressure.  I bring this up because Norman (I think he was #1 in the world at the time) was having putting problems, and after his round he got a "lesson" on the 18th green from his playing partner, Brad Faxon; one of the best pure putters I have ever seen.  A big crowd was watching.  After about 20 minutes, they walked up the path from #18 through a throng of people wanting an autograph.  Norman grabbed something and signed it while walking, never missing a step and tossed it over his shoulder; grabbed another one, same thing.  He maybe signed 3 or 4 things while walking 100 feet.  When Arnie walked up that same path after his round, he probably signed 100 autographs and it took hime 15 minutes to walk that same 100 feet.  Annie is a guy to look up to; a role model.  Norman always has been, and always will be in my mind, an ass.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not gonna lie I got Jordan to sign my volunteer badge at his colonial win this year but I did wait till he was done signing for the kids. I don't necessarily see a problem with getting a signature or picture as long as you don't go about it crazy like, I've seen plenty of those lol, good way for people to get trampled or worse if their not careful sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

But I'll tell the story again, for those who didn't get to hear it the first time. Only because it's a fun one:

When my brother heard I'd be going to CA for the Farmers Insurance Open (MGS/TM Loft Up event a few years back), he had only one request (Demand is more like it) - His son was a HUGE Ricky Fowler fan. Probably because they're from the same area, and Ricky rode motorcycles, like my nephew. But it was clear I could not leave until I had Ricky Fowler's autograph on an orange puma hat.

On practice day, I dragged 7 MGS'ers around the course with me, orange hat in hand. It seemed like hours, but we finally found him between 15 and 16. A marshall told me exactly where to stand for the best chance of grabbing him between holes. Sure enough, Ricky walks right next to me and GolfSpy Will got a great pic of me holding the hat out to Ricky, and Ricky looking up and saying something to me (I'm tall, but he's downright tiny). Problem - What Ricky was saying was NO. He would sign after the round, but of course, we had to leave.

I was consoling myself at lunch and wondering how I would break the bad news to my brother that my nephew would not get Ricky's autograph, when MGS MBP says "I'm an artist, I can sign it for you"! So he looks online for the previous versions of Ricky's mark, and takes his shot.

Cut to the end, and as far as my nephew knows, he has a signed hat by Ricky Fowler, and a pic to prove it! I just hope he doesn't try to eBay that hat!

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1472813581.028433.jpg

And here's the picture to prove it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm a bit late on this thread, but my opinion if it's someone I really have wanted to meet, then go for it.

I sent away for Phil Mickelson's autograph. I've been s fan of his for as long as I can remember.

As long as it makes ya feel like a kid again, go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I will be at the BMW next weekend, my first PGA event.....If I should run across a handful of players that I'm a big fan of, I would surely ask, but not going to wait in a long line for it, I'm beyond the age of caring about that too much.  It would be more of a cool collectible from the event, as opposed to an 'oh my gawd, I met Matt Kuchar' 

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Archived