Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

1 hour ago, Overspark07 said:

Opened the new (to me) clubs when I got home from work and had to stop at the range to try them out. Hit 5-7 balls with each of 4-AW to get a feel for distances and tendencies.

Just did the same thing with the new Mizuno irons. It was like Christmas morning!

Working on getting my hands to start below my shoulder on downswing.  Been working on it indoors with a mirror to make sure I can feel what's correct; will bring it to the range tomorrow to try it out.

TM Stealth 2

Titleist 917F

Mizuno 919 Tours

Wilson Staff 50 & 58

Bettinardi Queen B #6

Played a new course to myself this past week. Hidden Creek Golf Club in Navarre, FL. The place was built on a wastewater site so the fairways and greens were incredibly lush. The water facility still uses it to dump the grey water back into ponds and streams. You would think the place smells or is polluted but it was beautiful and incredibly well maintained. Had a blast. Either way, I did not shoot my best round. Wedges are my nemesis right now. Kept it under 80 but just not seeing the low rounds like I have in the past. Here are some pics of the course!!

image.png.b2c7a2b15362a3b7912ed7fbd3848f8a.pngimage.png.3b7fa27926a39100d988500a39e93519.png

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

Went out for my first round since I replaced my grips and threw out my back... thankfully both felt good (knocks on wood)

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

North Kingstown range and practice green today:

1. Anser 23* hybrid - After having a 5W balloon in the wind last week, I decided to put an old Anser 23* hybrid in the bag which I tested today. As I initially plan to use it for tee shots on long Par-3s and a particular short Par-4 at NKGC, I practiced using a tee to an imaginary fairway about 30 yards wide. I got 7 of 10 shots in said fairway, with the remainder just off.
  2. "Punch" Driver - It was really windy last Friday (about 20 mph) and one of our short Par-4s was playing uphill and into the wind so I decided to try lowering the tee height (ball just above the crown of the clubhead), placing the ball where I would for a fairway wood, gripping down about an inch and cutting off my through swing a bit. The shot worked so well that I hit it twice more during the round and so practiced it today. Of the 7 "punch" drivers which I hit, 5 hit my imaginary fairway and the other 2 were just off and playable. 
  3. 58-yard wedge shot - hit 10 UW to the 50-yard marker on our range (which I paced at 58-yards from where I was standing) and landed 9/10 within about 4 paces of the sign. 

Finished with some chipping and putting around the practice green. All-in-all a productive session!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Day 208 (13 Aug 24) - Played leisurely front 9 at my home course (still CPO (cart path only)) with the Eye2 wedges in lieu of the INDIs.  Had plenty of opportunity to use them, came away missing the better green side control I’ve enjoyed with the INDIs.  Still the turf interaction of the Eye2s is super sweet.  Wound up with a solid 41….

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Spent a quality 30 mins on the sim with short irons, working on dialing in a consistent swing.

First, I did about 15 shots with a prolonged pause at the top of my backswing.

Then I worked on several things with GW thru 9i - avoiding an early release and maintaining angle at impact, sequencing my hips/hands/shoulders at impact and follow through, and ensuring I turn my wrists over consistently through the swing to have the face angle correct ar impact.  This is just one session, but by the end I had gained 10 yards with the 9 iron.

I hope to do this work consistently until the upcoming member-guest in mid September.  I reallly need to start hitting my irons more accurately and fingers crossed this work is the ticket.

I also need to dial in an easy and consistent driver swing.  

It was all encouraging.  Hoping a month of consistent work will pay dividends.  Of course I know the work won’t stop then.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Good morning spy's,

Had my lesson yesterday.

Takeaway is better, the pro had a magnet with a rod on it to show me where my face was lined up, over time I lined up with the club face closed a bit, I squared it up and instantly my release was better and it felt more comfortable, so we will see. 

I am trying to keep it simple so if it is takeaway and face that gives me something to work on, and to “cover” the ball. 

Had some good shots in my round yesterday and am playing this morning so the work continues.

committed to performance excellence

Busy work and play day today/tonight, so no time for a full practice session.  But on the way out the door I spent 5 minutes on the turf "shadow boxing" with an iron (no ball), focusing on a smooth transition, backswing position, and wrist turn/face angle at impact position.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Practiced some putting this morning after blowing the debris off the green.  It looks like a banner year for acorns.  I felt way too mechanical in league play last night with the putting stroke.  I think I had the right hand way too tight in the grip pressure.  I lightened it up this morning and felt much more natural with my stroke.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm in Texas, so this might not affect most of you, but the heat has made natural turf practice ranges almost dangerous for me to practice on lately.

The grounds so damn hard that you can't truly hit down on the ball with your irons, because your club head is going to push back into your wrist on the follow through and I'm definitely starting to feel it in the wrist and my dominate hands pointer finger. I've actually noticed me trying to change my swing to hit thinner on the ball due to this, and I already hit pretty thin anyways as I leave very little divot on my swings, and that it's making my frustrated as I should not be trying to change my irons swing as it's truly my strong suit.

Additionally, I've been finding it more & more difficult to actually follow through properly on my swing, as I cannot get my leading foot to pivot since it's getting such hard traction with the turf (read dirt). It honestly looks like a batter box when I get done with practice as my front foot is damn near digging ruts in the ground trying to pivot. And the funny thing is, I use a pair of New Balance Fresh Foam soft spike golf shoes, not even using real spiked golf shoes, and still having trouble with this. 

This is a shared experience between 2 to 3 different ranges I visit depending on where I am in the Dallas area that day, so unfortunately it's not just a one specific location issue. Anyone been experiencing something similar, or past experience with this, that might be able to bestow some heaven-sent wisdom down upon myself to help a fellow struggling divot-maker out? 

Edited by The TXBexar

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

ShotScope data shows that I am falling a little behind on my putting and it is trending in the wrong direction.   Been working on putting related skills at home to make sure basic skills are on point.  Things like aim, movement patterns, and starting the putt were aimed.  Also need to do some distance control practice but been lazy 😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, The TXBexar said:

It honestly looks like a batter box when I get done with practice as my front foot is damn near digging ruts in the ground trying to pivot.

I was watching a Bryson DeChambeau YouTube video last night of him doing a speed training session trying to get to 205 mph ball speed (he made it). About halfway through the video he had to move to a different spot on the range because his footwork had completely torn up the grass and he was stumbling through the crater he had dug. This appeared to be during the winter so the ground wasn't baked hard. I've done the same thing, not because I was applying a lot of ground force like Bryson was, but because I was more or less spinning out on my downswing.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

My chipping and short game has been a real bummer lately. I have been watching lots of Dan Grieve on YouTube to improve. This mainly has resulted in lots of blocked practice at the practice green. Just working to get 4/5 green side chips into 1 putt territory (Full Putter length).

I really need to find a good practice bunker 😕

Driver: M6

irons: sim2 max

wedge: TM rsi sand wedge 55

putter: odyssey pro type 3

2 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I was watching a Bryson DeChambeau YouTube video last night of him doing a speed training session trying to get to 205 mph ball speed (he made it). About halfway through the video he had to move to a different spot on the range because his footwork had completely torn up the grass and he was stumbling through the crater he had dug. This appeared to be during the winter so the ground wasn't baked hard. I've done the same thing, not because I was applying a lot of ground force like Bryson was, but because I was more or less spinning out on my downswing.

Hmmm, I was just thinking about this as I was looking at some old Payne Stewart clips of him swinging his irons to see if I could figure out what might be causing me some issues. I think this might end up being half of the actual issue, that I'm off tempo a bit and pulling down faster then my back swing causing me to spin out on the follow through and limiting my foot pivoting.

Other half of it, that I think probably was what was causing Bryson some issues like you mentioned you saw, is that I think I'm in too wide of a stance in my address. Payne played some of the best golf of his life once he realized he was setting his feet a little to wide and getting them too far outside his shoulder width, limiting him with his club swinging.

So, looks like this evening I'm going to be practicing some stance checks and getting the mid-line of both my feet under the outside edge of my shoulders. Then go into practicing some full swings, but at half distance hits to check my tempo and get everything back in a smooth, clean swing motion; then work my swing speed back up to be at my typical full distance speeds but still keeping my tempo consistent. 

Appreciate the observations @ILMgolfnut!

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

Noticed I’ve been doing some major league pop ups so after trying a few on course adjustments, and I had a sim session with my club fitter, so I asked for some “professional eyes” to check my degree on the driver. Turns out my lazy bum has returned to bad habits and going well over the top. So practice - “playing 18” at some course in Mass - was me trying to remember that feel. 

Gonna review my lesson videos before I play 18 tomorrow for real. This weekend looks rainy so I prolly will take my alignment sticks to the driving range!

Titleist TSR1, Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 3-4-5 hybrids, TaylorMade Qi10 irons 6i-P, Cleveland RTX wedges 54 and 58, SeeMore OG FSG blade, yet helpless without my ShotScope V5.

Today will be lag putting before I play my round for men's league. 

I switched to a broomstick and I need distance control.  

My coach gave me a great routine that I'm actually using with both my putting and chipping now. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Covid has wiped me out these last few days but I'm feeling well enough to swing today.

Since I'm not back to work until tomorrow I've just done close to 300 touches today.

50 putts on a yard stick.

50 putts with a mirror and gate.

And at LEAST 200 swings.

Long sticks have been wonky. Had to break down the swing a bit but figured out what I was doing that prevented me from finding the center of the face.

When I'm tight or sore, it's very easy to extend early. Booty back and lead shoulder up, not across.

Felt good seeing the distances back up.

Looking forward to playing again this weekend, twice.

Cheers all. I'll be icing my back.

B

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

2 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Today will be lag putting before I play my round for men's league. 

I switched to a broomstick and I need distance control.  

My coach gave me a great routine that I'm actually using with both my putting and chipping now. 

What's the routine coach gave you mate, if you don't mind sharing?

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png   Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition | Diamana 'ahina 65g (9.5°, Stiff)

titleist200.png.e01ae7639090c209c93c9f2f7435d808.png   4 Wood: Titleist TS2 | Kuro Kage Black Seires 65g (16.5°, Stiff)

mizuno200.png.4605df8e24685074d10718ba6ac66080.png   Irons: Mizuno MP15 | True Temper DG S300 (4-PW, Stiff)

taylormade200.png.e6cb0a20f84873d1f59007172ed00680.png   Wedges: Taylormade Z-Spin | True Temper DG S300 (52°/9°B, 56°/12°B, 60°/10°B, Stiff)

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png  Putter: Nike Method Milled Model 004 (35")

⭐ See my review of the ShotScope Pro ZR here ⭐

3 hours ago, Gravenor said:

What's the routine coach gave you mate, if you don't mind sharing?

It's all about not leaving puts short. 

I'll put a tee or pick a hole on the putting green. Take the flag and lay it about 3 feet behind the hole. 

Then I take 3 paces away. Tee in ground.

Another 3 another tee

Another 3 Another tee.

Now the routine. 

Between the cup and the tee I put about 4 or 5 balls evenly spaced out. Usually start at what I would call inside the leather on the shaft or gimme range. 

The goal isn't to hole it but that's fine if you do. Hit it past the cup but before the flag stick. If you leave it short restart. If you get it. Back up about 2 feet hit another.  If it's short reset to the first spot. You do this till you can get to the tee. Once you get to a tee that's your new rest spot. So basically you lag put till you get to ten feet. Then from ten to twenty and then twenty to thirty. 

Hopefully that makes sense. It's absolutely been helping. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Day 209 (14 Aug 24) - NO big birthday round for me, instead just some solid wedge work in the backyard this afternoon after mowing the grass (always the most fun when it comes to pitch/chip work on fresh cut grass). Anyway - worked with the 54 and ball positions.  Popping the ball up for soft landings, easy rolls to flighting down for more spin and stop. 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Went to a local driving range today and hit about 70 balls probably way too fast as I was in a hurry.. my irons have continued their new found shanks syndrome unfortunately.. however my 5 wood and driver did pretty good for me which is about how the last couple of weeks have been. 

In other news I just purchased 2 lessons from a coach on Skillest to try and fix whatever I have going on with my irons. It has gotten embarrassing especially considering my irons have been far and away the best part of my game for pretty much the whole year. Wish me luck fellas..

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Got some putting practice in last night, switching back to the Odyssey Ai-ONE for the round this weekend.

Going to be spending some time over the next few weeks practicing with the Rapsodo that is scheduled to arrive today…looking forward to using it!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Getting in some putting practice to reinforce the proper grip strength.  I need to make sure i dont get a right hand death grip because i lose feel for distance control.

IMG_20240815_082242013.jpg.21174820dd4cef201ffb0eceb895b604.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:28 PM, GforeNick said:

My chipping and short game has been a real bummer lately. I have been watching lots of Dan Grieve on YouTube to improve. This mainly has resulted in lots of blocked practice at the practice green. Just working to get 4/5 green side chips into 1 putt territory (Full Putter length).

I really need to find a good practice bunker 😕

Watch for parks that have sand volleyball or sand areas around the playground equipment. Wait for the kids to leave obviously. I do a lot of my sand work at those areas. Generally the sand is better than at the course.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Day 210 (15 Aug 24) - Backyard pitches with the grandson today.  Nothing too serious just relaxed shots and granddad to grandson chit chat. Love these sessions - they are priceless.

Edited by Willie T

1 hour ago, Dweed said:

Watch for parks that have sand volleyball or sand areas around the playground equipment. Wait for the kids to leave obviously. I do a lot of my sand work at those areas. Generally the sand is better than at the course.

This is a sneaky good tip, I will definitely be keeping an eye out 

Driver: M6

irons: sim2 max

wedge: TM rsi sand wedge 55

putter: odyssey pro type 3

Got to the course tonight and took advantage of the range balls included with our membership.  I worked on getting the hips cleared earlier so i had a little rubber band effect with the upper body to generate some swing speed.  I hit mostly mid irons with a few 5w shots at the end to get a feel for the new to me mavrik.  

Then i headed to the practice green to work on chip shots from the heavy rough.  I need to make sure i keep up the clubhead speed to get through the heavy stuff.  I also worked on some 8i bump & run to get a better feel for distance control.

Then i went out to play a few holes and jumping around i got in 8 total.  The practice carried over to the course and i was pleased with the solid contact through the bag.  The hole of the night was an eagle on a par 5.  Smoked a driver with a draw to perfectly follow a speed slot in the fairway and rolled out to leave 170.  Took a 6i and it never left the flag ending up about 3' behind the pin, pic below.  And yes i made the putt!  One other birdie and 6 pars completed the practice session.  I hope to hold onto this swing and feels until the club championship coming up next weekend.

IMG_20240815_191026896.jpg.7ec1faff14e4ea01f72e14e5c5ea0944.jpg

Edited by Shapotomous

I made my way to the range again today and braved the 108 heat index at 3:30 this afternoon. I had the place to myself oddly. Got out the rapsodo, set up the camera and started firing away at the large bucket of balls. 
While I may not be getting on tour soon I finally started seeing some really good shots with my irons again! While I only hit my 7 iron for all but 10 shots with a wedge to warm up I am very happy with how today went!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Went to the driving range to keep working on my clubs before I go out Saturday. Started with my 60 degree, PW, then my 7 iron all felt really good. Moved to my hybrids and after struggling last time out with them, I hit them a lot better. My 3 wood also hit better today but I still struggle a lot with it. My driver was the main thing I wanted to work on today and spent 70% of my time on it. Had some up and down hits, but I was a lot more consistent after working on my stance and setup more. Had a couple drives that pushed 240 maybe 250. Had about 5 or 6 in a row that went far and straight which really felt better. Definitely saw improvement today and hopefully we actually get to golf Saturday as the forecast us looking dicey right now. 

Dr- Wilson Launchpad 

3w,4&5H,6i-PW-Strata

52°, 56°, 60°- Bombtech

P- Cleveland Frontline Elite Cero 35"