fortysixandtwo

Long Drive Contest Prize Ideas

New to the forum and loving it so far.

I'm in charge of coming up with a prize package for the long drive contest in an upcoming tournament. Last year I put together a package that included the token golf balls, tees, towel, etc. I was also able to get a chiropractor to donate a back adjustment and a massage therapist to donate a massage. I'm looking for ideas this year that go beyond the balls, tees, etc, but would like to keep the package around $100.

What have you seen or won in a golf prize package that you thought was useful or funny?

Best thing to give is a gift certificate to the pro shop or another gift card to the local big box store

• Like 2

Worst thing you could possibly give to a long drive winner (and it happens waaaaaay too often) is to give them a new driver... That is the most laughable one I've seen and everyone does it.  I just won long drive so I need a new driver?  LOL

I'd suggest either pro shop credit, a nice bottle of liquor, or something similar.  

• Like 2

Gift Cards to the Pro Shop are what most of our outings offer.  Others have offered:

Putter-Drive for Show, putt for dough  FYI, your course can get you a great price on that Cleveland Huntington Beach putter right now, to come at your budget or a couple dollars below. And it's a beauty. 

Wedge-You smashed your drive, now wedge it close

Ok enough of the corny ones, 

if you haven't booked your outing yet, and it's a pretty decent size, and your area is competitive, meaning all courses would love to have your outing.  Ask the course to donate something, we have donated an annual pass to the outing as incentive for them to book.  

A future complimentary foursome (again the course should donate it). 

Hope those help. 

Truck Nuts...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Agree with anything but a driver.  Honestly, the gift certificate to the pro shop is probably the most usable. However if you want a small token they can show off aliens8mycow makes great custom ball markers. Every time I use my personal one, people ask where I got them and compliment how cool they are 

How about a plaque denoting the long drive at your event and a $50/$75 gift card to a nice restaurant in your area?

A distance measuring device like a laser would be a cool gift but that will stretch your budget to about $150 (The Nexus Precision Pro runs $150 but if you join their mailing list they give you $10 towards it bringing it down to $140 plus taxes/shipping).

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Shop credit is my favorite long drive prize. A small trophy is nice as well.

Engraved belt buckle

Maybe a long drive belt :D

This would be easy to pass along from year to year and add engravings as it goes

Perhaps, a debit card from Mastercard, because his drives are priceless.  

Course green fee--    $XXX

Dozen golf balls-        $  X X

______'s drives,--    Priceless

• Like 1

Truck nuts...awesome idea!! Hang them off your cart or bag to show them off!! I've seen some that have a LED light inside to really make them glow!!

The tournament is a fund raiser/benefit tournament. I live in a small town, the course is the only one in town and only 9 holes. No proshop here. But I could do gift cards to a sporting goods store close by.

@Apes44, I like the ball marker idea, I will look into that one.

@poprocksncoke, is that a putter, driver, or both???

My vote is shop credit. Also, I'd like to have something I could display that I won. Trophy, ball, something cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck nuts...awesome idea!! Hang them off your cart or bag to show them off!! I've seen some that have a LED light inside to really make them glow!!

The tournament is a fund raiser/benefit tournament. I live in a small town, the course is the only one in town and only 9 holes. No proshop here. But I could do gift cards to a sporting goods store close by.

@Apes44, I like the ball marker idea, I will look into that one.

@poprocksncoke, is that a putter, driver, or both???

its a driver......... POWWWW!