Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Course recommendation in Richardson, TX?

NCST8golf

Dallas area spies - I will be in the Plano/Richardson area on business for a short time next week. If I can work it out, I would like to squeeze in one round. Any recommendations? I'd like to keep it in the $50 and under range. Based on recent online reviews, I was looking at Pecan Hollow. Any recommendations from you guys? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

NCST8,

I would recommend The Tribute in the Colony.  It isn't too far, but a great course.  I think you can get deals on Golfnow, but I am not positive.  The tribute is the 18 best holes of the The Open Championship Links style golf.

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

NCST8,

I would recommend The Tribute in the Colony. It isn't too far, but a great course. I think you can get deals on Golfnow, but I am not positive. The tribute is the 18 best holes of the The Open Championship Links style golf.

Thanks, Txmason! $80 is a little steep for a weekday, but the reviews look good and the links style would be a nice change of pace for me. I will keep it on the list!

I should add that I will be driving from DFW, so anything along the way to Richardson is fair game as well.

Grapevine Municipal. It's a very good course. Lot's of area club members come play there in money games, etc. Just on the north end of DFW airport.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I travelled to Richardson for work a number of weeks last year.  While I was there, I'd golf at Firewheel Golf Park.   It was like a 10 minute drive away.  They have 3 9-hole courses that they rotate to form the 18hole course and the other is just for playing 9 holes.  I remember the price being comparable to what I pay in the Chicago suburbs. 

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

On Txmason's recommendation, I checked into the Tribute course in The Colony. Found a hot deal on golfnow for $59 - seems like a good deal. Anyone else familiar with this course our play it recently?

So I went with Tribute course in The Colony, TX. Thank you, Txmason! It was a great deal at the golfnow rate of $50. Course was in great shape for this time of year and I was impressed with how closely they could replicate the Scottish links style courses. Really cool to play some holes modeled after what I could only recall from televised majors. Gorgeous views around Lake Lewisville. Judging rollout distances on the fairways and greens took some getting used to. Not the hop and stop I am accustomed to on my NC greens this time of year. Great recommendation - thanks for the advice!

P.S. - Yet another plug for Club Glove travel bags! My Collegiate held up nicely through its first flight. Bag is high quality. I was torn between the Club Glove and an SKB hard case. Thanks to much lurking on prior threads, I went with the Club Glove and don't regret it a bit. The collegiate took my sticks, stiff arm, Hogan stand bag, golf shoes, dress shoes, toiletries, and extra towels, and a dozen balls - weighed in at 42 lbs.

Archived