Sign in to follow this  
Mizuno2

Driver and fairway shaft weight

Our Sponsors

So I just built the new driver for this year. KZG GFX 10.5 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 X flex(60gram) D1sw 44" white pure pro

I Was wondering about using the same shaft in my 3 and 5 wood. They will be the same specs as my driver and Irons at D1 swing weight.

Anyone have any experience with a light (around 60g) shaft in woods?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The general guidance I have seen is that shaft weight progression through the woods is to increase by 10 grams as you move from driver to 3 to 5 woods.  I have a 57 gram shaft in my driver and 58 gram shaft in my 3 wood.  I don't personally have any issues.  

The general guidance I have seen is that shaft weight progression through the woods is to increase by 10 grams as you move from driver to 3 to 5 woods.  I have a 57 gram shaft in my driver and 58 gram shaft in my 3 wood.  I don't personally have any issues.  

Exactly.  Also for a lot of people the shaft that they have in their driver doesn't perform as well in their fairway wood because most of the time you are hitting fairway woods from the deck, which could require different characteristics in a shaft.

• Like 1

Is that accounting for the fact a 3w shaft is shortened from its stock length?

Or is it actually lighter than its listed weight?

That is the advertised weight for the shaft.  The 3 wood is probably lighter since is cut down.    They are also different shafts.  

I'm really not by the book maybe not best example. Hybrid 80g driver and 3w 75g