Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, Buddha916 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for over 20 years.  I am around a 10 handicap, but my scores can be wildly inconsistent.  I would say mid-low 80s is pretty standard.

What do you love about golf? Time outside with friends, the challenge, the head game...and making long putts

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  No, I dont know any others.  I was brought here for the opportunity to be a tester, then figured I may as well participate.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Charlotte, NC.  I play a lot of the public courses in the area.  No membership/home course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Not enough options for the large population Some of the courses are flat out overplayed, no one wants a 5 hour round.  Best thing is you can play almost year round -- IMO the two exceptions are August (heat) and February (cold)

What do you do for a living? Sales within staffing solutions

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname + bday

Welcome!  Lots of NC members here!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Buddha916 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for over 20 years.  I am around a 10 handicap, but my scores can be wildly inconsistent.  I would say mid-low 80s is pretty standard.

What do you love about golf? Time outside with friends, the challenge, the head game...and making long putts

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  No, I dont know any others.  I was brought here for the opportunity to be a tester, then figured I may as well participate.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Charlotte, NC.  I play a lot of the public courses in the area.  No membership/home course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Not enough options for the large population Some of the courses are flat out overplayed, no one wants a 5 hour round.  Best thing is you can play almost year round -- IMO the two exceptions are August (heat) and February (cold)

What do you do for a living? Sales within staffing solutions

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname + bday

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Ladies, gentlemen, boys, and girls, children of all ages…

I signed up for the site yesterday. I have read a lot of tests, articles, reviews, and decided to sign up.

How long have you been playing golf? I started playing about 22 years ago but took a 16 year hiatus due to the military and injuries.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 90s

What do you love about golf? I’m have felt better physically since I started back, golfing different courses in different states and countries. Also, my father-in-law and I, who had a great relationship to begin with, have gotten even closer.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Here to hopefully add to the community.

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from? I currently reside in Tennessee

What is your home course? Nashboro Golf Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the long season, worst is the “bro-rage” golfers

What do you do for a living? Field Service Engineer for a medical device manufacturer. I have 20+ years in the medical field between patient care and engineering.

How’d you pick your user name? Instagram name suggested by my wife

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8* and AI Smoke Max 9* 

Fairway: Callaway AI Smoke TD 3wood

Hybrid: Callaway AI Smoke 3&4

Irons: PXG Gen 3 0311P 4-GW

Wedges: PXG 3X Forged 56&60

Putter: PXG 0211 Clydesdale

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

48 minutes ago, Ye Olde Gingerbeard Man said:

I signed up for the site yesterday. I have read a lot of tests, articles, reviews, and decided to sign up.

How long have you been playing golf? I started playing about 22 years ago but took a 16 year hiatus due to the military and injuries.

What do you love about golf? I’m have felt better physically since I started back, golfing different courses in different states and countries. Also, my father-in-law and I, who had a great relationship to begin with, have gotten even closer.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the long season, worst is the “bro-rage” golfers

What do you do for a living? Field Service Engineer for a medical device manufacturer. I have 20+ years in the medical field between patient care and engineering.

Welcome!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

About 26 years (since I was 5). Current handicap is 6.9, mainly do to a 40 day streak playing my local home course. 72 lowest, 80 average.

2. What do you love about golf?

Quick answer is everything. Being out in nature, feeling connected to the elements. The exercise walking the course and using different muscle groups from everyday activities. Challenging myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've explored the forum and articles over the years but finally have more time to dedicate on the course and was interested in testing new clubs and equipment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

West Central Illinois. Home course - Westview, Quincy, IL. Currently - Nashboro Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

When I am back at home I can play solo pretty much any day, nearly any time. I would tee of 2 hours before the course technically opens, right at sunrise, and could play solo. Being in Nashville, the courses are much less lenient and more expensive. But much more variety and options down here so it's a give and take. 

6. What do you do for a living?

Technology Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I put zero thought into the username but may try and update it. 

A. Wellman

13 hours ago, Ye Olde Gingerbeard Man said:

Welcome!

4 hours ago, Wellman said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

About 26 years (since I was 5). Current handicap is 6.9, mainly do to a 40 day streak playing my local home course. 72 lowest, 80 average.

2. What do you love about golf?

Quick answer is everything. Being out in nature, feeling connected to the elements. The exercise walking the course and using different muscle groups from everyday activities. Challenging myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've explored the forum and articles over the years but finally have more time to dedicate on the course and was interested in testing new clubs and equipment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

West Central Illinois. Home course - Westview, Quincy, IL. Currently - Nashboro Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

When I am back at home I can play solo pretty much any day, nearly any time. I would tee of 2 hours before the course technically opens, right at sunrise, and could play solo. Being in Nashville, the courses are much less lenient and more expensive. But much more variety and options down here so it's a give and take. 

6. What do you do for a living?

Technology Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I put zero thought into the username but may try and update it. 

Welcome!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

After leaving baseball behind in high school, I have been (for the most part) solely focused on golf for the last 8 years. Currently, the HC sits at 4.1 after a hot summer and potentially..just maybe... "figuring it out."

Golf brings out the best in socializing with new and old friends, the constant competition against yourself and your peers, spending time outside, traveling to new destinations, and hopefully a few birdies and some nice Pro Shop merch along the way. 

I have utilized MyGolfSpy in the past for equipment reviews and hope to share my insight and keep up with what is going on in the golf space.

I am a lifelong North Carolinian and play most of my golf in Raleigh and the surrounding area, with an occasional trip to Pinehurst. The struggle is real with quality public golf inside the belt line in Raleigh, so much of the available public golf is 30-45 mins outside of the city.

After graduating from UNC with a Chemistry degree, I now work for Wasserman, a sports-marketing agency, as a Marketing Consultant. 

CC....straight and true.

9 minutes ago, colechapNC said:

After leaving baseball behind in high school, I have been (for the most part) solely focused on golf for the last 8 years. Currently, the HC sits at 4.1 after a hot summer and potentially..just maybe... "figuring it out."

Golf brings out the best in socializing with new and old friends, the constant competition against yourself and your peers, spending time outside, traveling to new destinations, and hopefully a few birdies and some nice Pro Shop merch along the way. 

I have utilized MyGolfSpy in the past for equipment reviews and hope to share my insight and keep up with what is going on in the golf space.

I am a lifelong North Carolinian and play most of my golf in Raleigh and the surrounding area, with an occasional trip to Pinehurst. The struggle is real with quality public golf inside the belt line in Raleigh, so much of the available public golf is 30-45 mins outside of the city.

After graduating from UNC with a Chemistry degree, I now work for Wasserman, a sports-marketing agency, as a Marketing Consultant. 

TAR!

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver; Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6 S/ IZ 5 S

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 3HL 16.5: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

default_ping-small.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 75 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.c582defdbf30afbfc6daaed45594990e.pngGen 2 0811 4H: Fujikura Pro 85 S

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.70d0971d1cb119b4c524ed52223a24c4.png 0211 DC 6-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX 54: Rotex Wedge; CBX2 Zipcore 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

Screenshot2024-06-20102640.png.8ddd17fe8171208d828937758e6ebd54.png M.Craft OMOI Type 06

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  ProV1x ; Linksmaster Bag

5 hours ago, colechapNC said:

Welcome to the Forum!

5 hours ago, colechapNC said:

Welcome to the forums

WITB-

15 hours ago, colechapNC said:

Welcome. You sound like a guy a fellow UNC fan will get along with. 

Driver- TSR4 Tensei 1K Black 65 TX

3W- Callaway Mavrik 15 degree

2iron- Taylormade UDI

4-PW- Apex Pro 19 KBS Tour V

Wedges- 50, 54, 58 Vokey SM7

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour X

New to this forum so I'm saying hello. I play in TN and here's what's in my bag: Callaway Epic Driver, Mizuno MP650 3 wood, Titliest Hybrid, TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons, Volkey wedges, Odyssey Putter. Play ProV1 ball.  Not a member of a private club but my 3 fav area courses are Hermitage Presidents Reserve, Greystone and McLemore

I plan what works. Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, Mizuno and Odyssey are all represented 

8 minutes ago, Staff61 said:

New to this forum so I'm saying hello. I play in TN and here's what's in my bag: Callaway Epic Driver, Mizuno MP650 3 wood, Titliest Hybrid, TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons, Volkey wedges, Odyssey Putter. Play ProV1 ball.  Not a member of a private club but my 3 fav area courses are Hermitage Presidents Reserve, Greystone and McLemore

Welcome!

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

13 minutes ago, Staff61 said:

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

1 hour ago, Staff61 said:

Welcome to the Forum!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 3 years. HC is 18 

What do you love about golf? Challenging myself always played sports. Also the chance to spend time with friends away from work. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The reviews are addictive to read 

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Kentucky. Any course with nice greens and pace of play! 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the people. Worst can be pace of play 

What do you do for a living? Sales 

How’d you pick your user name? Name and area code of where I grew up 

EJ 

1 hour ago, ericj270 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 3 years. HC is 18 

What do you love about golf? Challenging myself always played sports. Also the chance to spend time with friends away from work. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The reviews are addictive to read 

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Kentucky. Any course with nice greens and pace of play! 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the people. Worst can be pace of play 

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

6 hours ago, ericj270 said:

Welcome to the Forum!

How's everyone doing? I wanted to introduce myself to the SE Group. I've been playing golf on and off for about 18 years, but I've gotten a lot more dedicated to playing consistently this season! My current HC is 14.4, but trying to improve every day.  

I enjoy golf as a great way to get outside, hang out with my buddies, and test my mental toughness. 

I've been using MyGolfSpy to get great recommendations on equipment. The analysis on golf balls prompted me to switch to a Titleist AVX which has dramatically improved my driver off the tee. 

I'm originally from Boca Raton, FL, but have been living in Charlotte, NC for the past 5 years. I don't have a "home course" but I'm in the market looking for a club to join. The best thing about golf in the Carolinas is the vast amount of courses to choose from. However, living in Charlotte, the local public courses around are very tough to get tee times and decently far outside the city.  

I work in media sales now, and I picked my username for my love of my alma mater, West Virginia University! 

- Matt Elder

Let's go Mountaineers!

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max

3 Wood: Titleist 910F

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics C721 3h

Irons (4-PW): Cobra King Forged Tec

Wedges: Kirkland Signature

Putter: LAB Golf DF3, Standard, Heavier Head

Ball: Titleist AVX

37 minutes ago, mountaineermatt said:

How's everyone doing? I wanted to introduce myself to the SE Group. I've been playing golf on and off for about 18 years, but I've gotten a lot more dedicated to playing consistently this season! My current HC is 14.4, but trying to improve every day.  

I enjoy golf as a great way to get outside, hang out with my buddies, and test my mental toughness. 

I've been using MyGolfSpy to get great recommendations on equipment. The analysis on golf balls prompted me to switch to a Titleist AVX which has dramatically improved my driver off the tee. 

I'm originally from Boca Raton, FL, but have been living in Charlotte, NC for the past 5 years. I don't have a "home course" but I'm in the market looking for a club to join. The best thing about golf in the Carolinas is the vast amount of courses to choose from. However, living in Charlotte, the local public courses around are very tough to get tee times and decently far outside the city.  

I work in media sales now, and I picked my username for my love of my alma mater, West Virginia University! 

Welcome to MGS 

WITB-

38 minutes ago, mountaineermatt said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Hello from golf's "wrong side of the tracks". Should I even be here? Look at this gorgeous hand-me-down set I play!IMG_20240817_123649_869.jpg.c3fb2aef84c788260f8997f4f5ce9269.jpg
IMG_20240817_123659_270.jpg.de3caeca48498140291c130f16671f42.jpg

We're Lex and Phil of McGolfinTV, a new golf youtube channel.

Lex is rich, drives 300, has fancy Ping clubs, 9 HCP, home course is a private club in Palm Beach Gardens, played consistently his whole life.
DSC_0813.JPG.28249a5ac4ebb22cb1a96ce3055e3d61.JPG

Phil (me) is poor, needs to fix slice, desperately needs new clubs, doesn't believe in handicaps, home course is Sand Ridge in Vero Beach, FL. I started playing again about 6 months ago after almost 20 years. I currently shoot anywhere from 130 (no joke) to break 100. I practice everyday. I'm in the process of radically transforming my entire game. My goal is to shoot what I call "symbolic scratch" by the end summer next year.

DSC_0826.JPG.a9f4657343d99dfd9c62aabdfc613e7f.JPG

Worst part of golf in Florida? I lost over 10lbs this summer . . . from sweating so much! I know what you're saying, "But Phil, I'd love to lose 10 lbs!" Sure but what if you're a hypochondriac so you're constantly worried you have cancer.

I love that MyGolfSpy tests golfing shibboleths like Sharpie putting alignment lines on the ball.

DSC_0835.JPG

Edited by McGolfinTV

McGolfinTV

https://www.youtube.com/@McGolfinTV
Phil McGuffin -Chief Slice Officer

WITB-10 year old Cleveland Hand Me Downs, Callymade xAI 10 Fire Driver, Women's Odyssey White Steel

Hello from golf's "wrong side of the tracks". Should I even be here? Look at this gorgeous hand-me-down set I play!IMG_20240817_123649_869.jpg.c3fb2aef84c788260f8997f4f5ce9269.jpg

Lex is rich, drives 300, has fancy Ping clubs, 9 HCP, home course is a private club in Palm Beach Gardens, played consistently his whole life.

Phil (me) is poor, needs to fix slice, desperately needs new clubs, doesn't believe in handicaps, home course is Sand Ridge in Vero Beach, FL. I started playing again about 6 months ago after almost 20 years. I currently shoot anywhere from 130 (no joke) to break 100. I practice everyday. I'm in the process of radically transforming my entire game. My goal is to shoot what I call "symbolic scratch" by the end summer next year.

Worst part of golf in Florida? I lost over 10lbs this summer . . . from sweating so much! I know what you're saying, "But Phil, I'd love to lose 10 lbs!" Sure but what if you're a hypochondriac so you're constantly worried you have cancer.

I love that MyGolfSpy tests golfing shibboleths like Sharpie putting alignment lines on the ball.

DSC_0835.JPG

McGolfinTV

https://www.youtube.com/@McGolfinTV
Phil McGuffin -Chief Slice Officer

WITB-10 year old Cleveland Hand Me Downs, Callymade xAI 10 Fire Driver, Women's Odyssey White Steel

9 hours ago, McGolfinTV said:

DSC_0835.JPG

Welcome.to.MGS!

WITB-

9 hours ago, McGolfinTV said:

DSC_0835.JPG

Welcome!

Hey! I've been reading product reviews on here and Twitter for a while, but finally made a profile!

1. I've been playing golf on and off for years, but I've recently started playing a lot more. A few months ago, I set up a hitting net in my backyard, so I've hit balls almost daily. I've been going to the range 2-3x a week because I don't always trust hitting off of a mat. I'm saving up for a SkyTrac or other launch monitor to really improve my set up!!

2. I love that you can never master golf, so there's always something to improve. 

3. I came to MyGolfSpy because I love gadgets and training tools! I'm a runner and regularly do "wear tests" of new products for Nike, Brooks, Skechers, and other brands.

4. I'm from Atlanta, GA, but I don't have a home course.

5. I'd say the worst thing about golf in this region is the lack of quality and convenient public courses!

6. I'm a tax lawyer and I focus on proactive tax mitigation planning for high net worth individuals and businesses.

7. My username is based on my dog, Luna!

2C9D2F30-11CD-4D85-93B4-0535D770D9D2_1_105_c.jpeg

----

Brad Kay

1 hour ago, LuDawg said:

Hey! I've been reading product reviews on here and Twitter for a while, but finally made a profile!

1. I've been playing golf on and off for years, but I've recently started playing a lot more. A few months ago, I set up a hitting net in my backyard, so I've hit balls almost daily. I've been going to the range 2-3x a week because I don't always trust hitting off of a mat. I'm saving up for a SkyTrac or other launch monitor to really improve my set up!!

2. I love that you can never master golf, so there's always something to improve. 

3. I came to MyGolfSpy because I love gadgets and training tools! I'm a runner and regularly do "wear tests" of new products for Nike, Brooks, Skechers, and other brands.

4. I'm from Atlanta, GA, but I don't have a home course.

5. I'd say the worst thing about golf in this region is the lack of quality and convenient public courses!

6. I'm a tax lawyer and I focus on proactive tax mitigation planning for high net worth individuals and businesses.

7. My username is based on my dog, Luna!

2C9D2F30-11CD-4D85-93B4-0535D770D9D2_1_105_c.jpeg

Welcome!