Sign in to follow this  
tony@CIC

Northeast Ohio Fitter

After talking to a number of fitters across the north coast of Ohio - from Toledo to Cleveland. My wife and I decided on Trent Maxwell at Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia, Ohio.  I finally had my fitting yesterday (my wife is scheduled for mid June).  It was a great experience with a very patient guy! I can see why he's ranked at one of the top 100 fitters.  Send me a pm if you'd like more details. 

• Like 3

You don't want to share here?

37 minutes ago, MattF said:

You don't want to share here?

Matt, it was such a thorough and data driven experience I'm not sure where to start and end.  That's why I thought answering questions vs. laying out the experience would be easier. 

As you've probably read in my other posts, specifically in the "Official 410" posting, one of my key objectives in the fitting was to dial in the Ping SFT., since the driver was reasonably straight but not getting the distance I wanted or needed. Mission accomplished with a new shaft which based on Trackman data would add almost 20 yds. We continued throughout the bag, except for the wedges which are working well for me. and quite frankly after 3 hours I was a bit beat. 

No heavy selling, no outrageous pricing - just matter of fact data driven decisions which I like. In addition to the new shaft for the SFT, I bought 2  FW's, and will be ordering 2 Fmax-2 hybrids and new D-7 irons  with Recoil shafts shortly. 

Coincidentally,, his other recommendation based on my slower SS was Pro V1X. which as we know made the grade as a "Top Performer' for slow swing speeds in the MGS Ball Test. . 

The shop is pretty close to you guys and certainly worth a visit.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

The shop is pretty close to you guys and certainly worth a visit.

Thanks Tony. That's where @MaxEntropy and I did the D7 challenge and where I got fit for the Mizunos. I'm thinking I may go up there to get some fitting done for the lies of my irons.

• Like 2

I tried to schedule my putter fitting for the Stroke Lab test at Windmill, but because of a work trip, I have to get it done on Saturday and they have no openings.

35 minutes ago, MattF said:

Thanks Tony. That's where @MaxEntropy and I did the D7 challenge and where I got fit for the Mizunos. I'm thinking I may go up there to get some fitting done for the lies of my irons.

I hit those D-7s with Recoils there  - very nice! 

I was fit for my Titleist Driver there too. It was a great experience all around. Definitely keep going back.

Take Dead Aim

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I hit those D-7s with Recoils there  - very nice! 

They were nowhere near as good as my Bridgestones, for me and my swing.

• Like 2