Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2020 Official Member Review: SKYCADDIE SX400 GPS

GolfSpy MPR

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It seems like all the technology and data is there for these to recommend a club... a step closer to having a real caddie.  They just need to integrate an anemometer, temp, altitude, and humidity sensors.  Now if they really want to see sales go through the roof, offer various caddie voice options like Paige Spiranac or Amanda Balionis 👍.

But seriously, you hit on a really good idea.   I'm sure there could be the option to add some sort of voice caddie recommendation, based on distance and as much information as these devices hooked up to satellites can determine.  

Probably a deal out there for some company to ink a high level caddie like Bones to record a bunch of club recommendations, based on the algorithm that the GPS gives based on your club history. 

I had a pretty cool--for the time--video lesson from Greg Norman about 20 years ago. You hit a shot on a simulator, and within minutes the company gave you a video on a VHS...ha--of your swing in slow motion.  And it was analyzed by Greg Norman.  His comments fit exactly what you were doing in the swing, and he gave you tips to correct that and at the end a drill to work on it.   I'm sure they cataloged something like the 100 most obvious faults in a swing and had the same thing play for each player with that fault.  But at the time it was very cool and probably way ahead of it's time

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Problem with that last suggestion is, I think we'd get too distracted and forget what club they recommended...ha

More like guys saying, "sorry, I missed that... can you please repeat?" 🙂  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I continually use this for distances to targets or layups.  For instance, what it might be to the end of the fairway before it reaches the hazard.  (there is a particular hole I'm thinking of .. next time I play there I will take a screen shot & a pic of the hole)  I can drag the cursor to the edge of the fairway & know instantly that it's 180 yards to the end, then I can see what it is to carry.  It may not be exact of course because you're relying on where the cursor is in relation to where it "actually" is on the course ... so it may be off a few yards at the minimum.  

It really is close to having your own personal caddy walking along side at every course.  🙂 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 11/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

To me this is where it shines over a laser.   You can tell if a hole dog legs over the blind spot and where any potential hazard may be, as well the distance to the green.  

You can also move the target cursor to a safe landing spot on the map to land  

This is a good example you can tell the hole is a dog leg and a hazard to cross.  You cam see where a 225 yard shot will leave you   5C2B82B9-6060-4DD9-8E3F-43CC65B28A0D.jpegJust a reminder.  This is a SX500. But i am sure  the SX400 has the same features.  

Thanks for the responses. I decided to go for it and got the sx400. Excited to try it. I was surprised by the thickness of it, but like it from the demo. Think it will be great to put in the cart cup holder then throw in my pocket.  

From your answers I think this will give me a good line to the green.  The last course I played had two semi dog leg shots over a hill. I realized too late I didn't study the map when I tee'd off, so it was a total guess which way the green was. Needless to say one was a good shot but was no where near the right direction.  I think using trees and markings on the sx400 I should have a good idea hopefully.

57 minutes ago, Justin_P said:

Thanks for the responses. I decided to go for it and got the sx400. Excited to try it. I was surprised by the thickness of it, but like it from the demo. Think it will be great to put in the cart cup holder then throw in my pocket.  

From your answers I think this will give me a good line to the green.  The last course I played had two semi dog leg shots over a hill. I realized too late I didn't study the map when I tee'd off, so it was a total guess which way the green was. Needless to say one was a good shot but was no where near the right direction.  I think using trees and markings on the sx400 I should have a good idea hopefully.

Congrats.  Be sure to check back and let us know your thoughts. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 3 months later...

Has anyone found a good way to mount this to a pushcart? I have the SX500 and not quite sure if I trust the Clicker mount that exists. Anyone find other options?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

3 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Has anyone found a good way to mount this to a pushcart? I have the SX500 and not quite sure if I trust the Clicker mount that exists. Anyone find other options?

Haven’t really looked but I’ve got magic mount or whatever it’s called on my iPhone, which is pretty much a small steel plate stuck to the back of my phone and a variety of magnetic plates available to attach in my car or in the office that mount my phone to.  

Could be worth a shot at installing the plate to your SX500 and installing a MM magnet to your cart.  The brand I have is linked below. It’s been great for my phone and would probably be easiest to install to your GPS.  

https://www.scosche.com/mmsurface

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

You might take a look at bicycle phone mounts.  They'd work like a champ!

I have this one on my bicycle and it works great.  https://www.amazon.com/Roam-Universal-Premium-Phone-Motorcycle/dp/B01LWDCSIZ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=bicycle+phone+mount&qid=1615764641&sr=8-8

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 3/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, CarlH said:

You might take a look at bicycle phone mounts.  They'd work like a champ!

I have this one on my bicycle and it works great.  https://www.amazon.com/Roam-Universal-Premium-Phone-Motorcycle/dp/B01LWDCSIZ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=bicycle+phone+mount&qid=1615764641&sr=8-8

Saw some of these pop up on my search. Was curious if they fit the handle. Thanks!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX